It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Establish a New Forum: "Police Brutality" or "Cops Gone Bad" or Equivalent - Members Plea

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

I see what you mean, but police brutality and overstepping is become so rampant I believe it deserves our attention.

The social issues and civil unrest forum I thought was more for issues regarding protests and civil disobedience, which is different

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I *might* be in favor of such a biased, malicious forum if there were also a forum that records good things done by LEO. In addition to putting their lives on the line for us every day, they have to put up with potty mouth cop haters calling them "pigs", "Nazis", and "fascists". They have to deal with a*holes who refuse to listen to a legal order. Lawyer wannabes, etc. The stress they have to work under is enormous.

They have to suffer the tiny minds that accuse them of 'militarization', when they attempt to equip themselves at least as good as the criminals they battle.

One ATS'er collects a database of what he considers "police misconduct". Here are some examples of what he considers "police misconduct":

A Minneapolis MN police officer was sentenced to 1 year in prison for molesting three female relatives for over a decade. He was also a school resource officer for 10 years. [0] http://(link tracking not allowed)/k1j2Tl

A Taft TX police officer was fired & arrested on sexual assault of a child charges after the alleged victim’s parents called police and sparked an investigation. [0] http://(link tracking not allowed)/l51N2n

A Mesa AZ police officer is the subject of a lawsuit by the family of an 81-year-old woman who was killed in a crash involving that officer when he was speeding to a theft call without his lights or siren activated. [0] http://(link tracking not allowed)/jYvifo

Most people that would support this proposed forum have no idea what a police state is. Here is one example of an ATS'er response to a thread where a cop challenged a person open-carrying:

I hope he is shot in the face by his next traffic stop!

This is the level of user this 'forum' would attract.:shk:

edit on 19-5-2011 by mishigas because: clarity

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Great, have a pro law enforcement forum as well, or IF this suggested forum is made (very unlikely) you could join in on the discussions with your own counter positions, evidence and opinions.

Man up and face it, deal with it, eliminate it... Topical segregation in this regard is, very lame, displays weakness, fear of confronting a difficult truth, and frankly is very cowardly.

Grow a pair, and face it for what it is, or go to the pro law enforcement forums where all bad news is censored, removed, covered up and everyone is terrified to even discuss it.

This forum would not exclude anyone from posting whatever they wish, are you afraid you would not be welcome there?

Of course, you really don't have to worry, there is very little chance of this kind of forum ever being approved here... So, this was just another wishful thinking thread, you know.

You got all worked up over nothing.

edit on 19-5-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

Ummm... Those don't sound like misconduct to you? They sure sound like misconduct to me......

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This is not the thread to discuss the topic of LE....

This forums should be used to post questions regarding site policies, problems with site functionality/features, and respond to announcements from ownership. This is not a place to post complaints.

Please refrain from taking this off topic....posts will be removed. Feel free to start a topical LE thread in SI if you wish to debate law enforcement. Thank you.
edit on May 19th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Nevermind, I removed this post, as I am sure it will be removed. for being off topic. (I just seen the above)

It would be nice to continue this in the new forum suggested.

edit on 19-5-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

This forums should be used to post questions regarding site policies, problems with site functionality/features, and respond to announcements from ownership. This is not a place to post complaints.

Please refrain from taking this off topic....posts will be removed. Feel free to start a topical LE thread in SI if you wish to debate law enforcement. Thank you.
edit on May 19th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Never mind.

edit on 19-5-2011 by mishigas because: saw gel's warn

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
How about renaming the social issues and civil unrest something to something like, "Social Issues, Civil Unrest, and the Police State. A renaming of the forum to include the eye-catching phrase "the police state" would be appropriate and ensure that posters know where to put threads about LEO abuses instead of the 5 or so forums they end up in now.
edit on 19-5-2011 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Removed by the poster himself for allowing myself to be sucked off topic.
edit on 19-5-2011 by pajoly because: see above

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
There's a time and a place for everything.

I have the time, and need a place like this.

Will it happen?

Nah, but at least, my last contribution to this thread was on topic.

Sort of.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

There is a forum where suggestions, wants, etc. are posted, isn't there? That would be a good place for this thread.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

There is a forum where suggestions, wants, etc. are posted, isn't there? That would be a good place for this thread.

Absolutely, you are correct, and there it would be out of the public venue all together.

We don't really want this discussed in public anyway, right??

Out of sight, out of mind, so they say... Good suggestion... And just in case it is moved there, I have another, move this one to the new forum, should you decide to create one.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by mishigas

Absolutely, you are correct, and there it would be out of the public venue all together.

We don't really want this discussed in public anyway, right??

Out of sight, out of mind, so they say... Good suggestion... And just in case it is moved there, I have another, move this one to the new forum, should you decide to create one.

Did you read the message that greeneyedleo posted? I suggest you do so. Then stop trolling and thread baiting.. you are way off topic.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
While I do tend to agree with the need for a forum addressing the rising incidents of Police Brutality, it could turn into a negative thing very fast.

I'll put my 2 cents in here and suggest that the new forum be titled:

Police: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

This way there can be posts of positive acts from law enforcement. There are good ones out there and we should address these as well. Sometimes, there really is 2 sides to a story.

It could also address new laws, bills and even the Oath Keepers can have their say.

edit on 20-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Wow, that actually sounds like a great idea. A forum where even the cop defenders can put the evidence of all these good cops I been hearing so much about

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join