It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Establish a New Forum: "Police Brutality" or "Cops Gone Bad" or Equivalent - Members Plea

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Dear ATS,

With unfortunate increasing regularity, members are finding and posting disturbing threads about police brutality, the militarization of law enforcement and other like topics. I personally find these reports symptomatic of the decline of the civil society and justification for fears about the rise of the police state. Currently, the threads are forced to be relegated haphazardly across different forums. This hampers our ability to see patterns and connectedness.

I also think, based on the durability of these threads, that interest is high among members regarding this important topic and this crosses all countries where ATS has members. We've seen reports from Australia, the UK, Canada and of course countless from the U.S.

In this forum, I would recommend a simple rule whereby the first word in the subject be the country where the incident occured if the thread is about a new, unposted incidence.

Members, please register your interest and/or support or rejection of such a forum.

Much respect,

Pajoly

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Bumping for Justice

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
You wouldn't hear me complain if one were introduced, I always have a hard time deciding where these kinds of things should go. It ties in with quite a few different forums, depending how you look at it.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
At the rate that these stories are coming up in the news lately I think it's a great idea !

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Great Idea. Why cant I give you a star?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I believe that is a great idea. Dont forget to flag this motha!

MOTF!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
Great Idea. Why cant I give you a star?

Threads in this forum are not "starable," if I may invent a word. Thank you though for the thought.

I should note another poster on another thread pointed to an excellent resource that is doing an ongoing statistical report on this subject and has determined there are on average 995 reports of unique brutality incidences per 100,000 police per state. Again, these are only accountings of what gets reported. I'd surmise that especially in lower income areas most cases go unreported.

www.injusticeeverywhere.com...

Did you know that the last time the US government bothered to gather any information about the problem of police misconduct in the United States was in 2002?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Thumbs up, let's do it. I tape police brutality in my city and would love to dump them somewhere other than youtube

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Well I applaud your effort in trying to bring the wolf in sheep clothing to light Skerrako.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
yes please make a forum for these type of threads.

it's not cop bashing... even though many claim so.

everyone has to be held accountable for their actions, and that includes police!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Conspiracies in Law and Enforcement

Would be a great forum for these topics, and fits within the topical focus of ATS... It will be abused, but can be subject to the same restrictions and rules as any other ATS forum.

I've suggested it before, more than once, maybe one day ATS will consider it in some form here.

Not having a forum wont make these very real problems go away, in fact the opposite is true, through discussion and revelations of corruption, and abuses and exposure of those involved can help build a better system of law enforcement more free of these problems.

ATS can lead the way in this cause.

Take the steps toward making this happen, the greater good that can come from it is worthy.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Conspiracies in Law and Enforcement

There it is

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
We have a forum for these topics already. Social Issues and Civil Unrest.
That is where all law enforcement and legal type topics go....

edit on May 19th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: fix link

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

That link is broken for me. it send me to v/

Social Issues and Civil Unrest
edit on 19-5-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by XRaDiiX
reply to post by greeneyedleo

That link is broken for me. it send me to /v

Fixed

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
We have a forum for these topics already. Social Issues and Civil Unrest.
That is where all law enforcement and legal type topics go....

With all due respect, that is not the forum for this, general discussions of all kinds can go there, this forum would be more specific.

The forum name I suggested above is very self explanatory as well... yours: Social Issues and Civil Unrest?

Seriously?

That is the forum for this?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Yeah I agree somewhat; Social Issues Does sorta classify the Police Brutality though.

But the Civil Unrest is more related to Rioting etc i'd guess.

Were talking semantics i guess yeah

But i'd vote yes for Creating a Police Brutality Forum since its so wide spread these days.
edit on 19-5-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
A very good idea.

It could be very useful if you manage to button hole a politician and try to talk to him about the problem

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I believe that adding a new forum would be great.It would help aid in quick searches. It is evident that public mistreatment by some in law enforcement is on the rise and the truth needs a place to reside.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This is a very dangerous area for ATS, it must be considered with much thought toward the potential implications before being dismissed as something that will not be done here.

At least compose a good explanation as to why this forum cannot exist here, exclusive of other more vague forums?

Topical focus is everything, sometimes the very name of a forum can incite thought and interest in a subject area that otherwise may be missed, or as in the real world, swept out of the public domain, covered up, kept hidden... relegated to the extreme fringe of unsubstantiated speculation and conjecture.

What if something real happens in this forum?

What if real evidence is brought forward?

You have all of the tools to remove it, so what do you have to lose?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join