It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Another Long Time Lurker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
After over 2 years of lurking I felt the need to finally join the conversations here. I feel that the US is headed for disaster if we do not make some major changes soon. I also feel that there are no measurable differences between democrats and republicans. I believe that it is time to either do away with the party system entirely, or adopt a multi-party system. Having said that, I am fairly conservative most especially I am fiscally conservative. I do believe in a social conscience though. We should not support everybody forever, but we should give help to those who need it. I do not believe in welfare in it's current form where we "pay people to do nothing". I believe we should help them and train them to take care of themselves so that they can get off of welfare as soon as possible. I believe in means testing for social security. People must accept that there are no "private accounts", we are using a plan where the current workforce pays for the retired workforce. However, with babyboomers set to retire in massive numbers, the current system is unworkable. The retirement age must be moved to at least 70 maybe even 72 for women(they do have longer life expectancies for men).
I do not believe the 9/11 official story, nor do I believe the official osama bin laden story. I think it is now irrelevant where obama was born. We must deal with the present and the future. It also does not matter anyway, since the "president" does not actually run the country imo.
I look forward to some interesting conversations and debates with all of you.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Hi DarthMuerte, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Welcome to the site.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS! I hope you find it as entertaining and interesting as I do!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Thanks for the welcome all of you. I have found your conversations very interesting to read. I now have the free time to spend on sites like this and actually join in the debates.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Hi there and welcome, I was a long time lurker to, since 2005

Hope to see some nice threads from you, I just finished my first a few days back. Link is in my sig.

Have a great time and educate yourself

Thanks,
OnlyLove

new topics

top topics

join