It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Shows Tenn. Officer Offering Truckers Freedom For Cash: It's all about the $$$

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Look I support Law Enforcement. There is plenty that needs law enforced and monitored.

However... well, you watch the video and tell me- What country we living in?

I personally think it gets really interesting around 3:05.

Any ATSers from there that can follow up with local info- Greatly appreciated.
edit on 5/19/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

The Gestapo is just the beginning next it will be mandatory that you submit your daughter and/or wife for (not to be disclosed acts) to your employer for payment of allowing you and/or them to work at their job.

Welcome to the new reality.

The world is going to change real quick!!!!!

So now Police can take bribes of large sums of cash and let the drug traffickers and/or money traffickers off free. Because they want to catch them in the act again; Next time they come through town and/or state.

So they can seize the money again. See what i'm getting at?

Police don't arrest money launders/traffickers(drugs) Then they will come back and seize the money again at a later time (why would they throw them in prison when they can profit of them)
edit on 19-5-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
another typical day and typical police work of nazi america..

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

that seems a bit wrong. But I guess anyone who transports large amounts of cash and doesn't know about the sensors that pick up the amounts deserves to have their cash taken from them. Big Brother is always watching.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve95988
another typical day and typical police work of nazi america..
This happens all over the world.
You have good mixed with the few bad, when the bad is cought the get the ax and sometimes they will go to jail.
As far as nazi America go its clear you dont live in the best run free country in the world, well if by chance you do ,
I feel sorry for you I really do.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by steve95988

That's the problem. It is becoming Typical in the US.

Stop the people, oppress the people.

I am sick and tired of the "Prove to me you're innocent and I'll let you go" mentallity.

MAYBE if they could show to us they were catching Islamic Terrorist left and right-I might go for it. But they aren't.

So, use the tools we allowed them to possess to fight terrorist and turn them on the the people you are to be protecting. Shame on them.

BUT. Most importantly what I took from this video. The cops & DA don't care about catching the drug suppliers. If so, they would work with the Feds on catching the BIG FISH.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The "justice" system is all about making money for the municipality and appeasing yet simultaneously feeding the fears of the population to maintain the justification of its presence. It works like a microcosm of the larger scale federal government.

That's all it is.

There's no "justice" in it.

Profiteering and extortion are at the heart of it.

There isnt a single inmate in any prison anywhere who is there for his own good or your own good regardless of the alleged crime.

But we just keep on doing what we're doing and making excuses to ourselves of how this is the best way the only way and it's for the mythical "greater good" when anyone with half a brain, even the staunchest cop-promoters, knows it's all bunk.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Absolutely, it is all about making money. They have no real concerns other than turning a profit. They want the drug trade to continue, if the drug trade stops, the money stops.

I must say though, with these hard times I wouldn't mind if I just happened to walk by and snag one of them packets of cash... makes me wonder, how much they actually recovered and how much they actually pocketed themselves, who is going to come up and claim how much money was taken from them? I think it was a million and they only reported half.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
dont fool yourselves, the cops know the cruiser camera in on,the amount they reported is totally 'all of it'......IM SURPRISE THEY KNEW WHICH TRUCK TO STOP AS ' RUTINARY'....But this is not new in Arizona and the border towns u dont see this kind of bust.Specially money.rare very rare.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rocha123

Don't fool yourself. There is no way the Supervisors of the DA know how much money is pulled off those vehicles.

Prefect crime sceen...for the Cops to steal. Who's gonna complain?

Now, most likely, these particular cops are paid very well (above and beyond the normal patrol cop) and they have the best that (somebody elses) money can buy.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
greedy wankers. the woman said the truckers had not committed a crime by carrying the money through. so why would it then be seized? because those cops only care about stealing the money. they're just as guilty as the drug dealers. "give us your money or else". straight up robbery. i bet they pocket a pretty penny.

they don't want it to stop. such people are mentally damaged.

they don't care if the camera is on. everyone who could bust them is also getting a chunk of change. this pisses me off to no end.
edit on 19-5-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

This happens more than people think. If money is discovered during a traffic stop in a legal manner, and the owner of the vehicle states they dont know about the money or where it came from, they have no legal claim to that money.

Also, some people are not aware of how laws work with regards to Semis. They are regulated federally (Interstate Commerce) in terms of weight, number of hours they can legally drive before being required to stop and sleep for a required number of hours, in addition to the drivers of big rigs being required to have a medical card signed off on by the coroner / ME in the county they list as their residence that they are medically fit to operate a big rig, in addition to their cargos being subject to inspection at weigh stations as well as by law enforcement on the highways.

There is no probable cause or reasonable suspicion required in order to stop a Semi. There is no PC or RS required to search the contents of the trailer either.

Search and Seziure laws with regards to money and how that money is spent vary from state to state. Most states require it to go to education, the FEds bounce it around to different agerncies, including DOE, and local seizures can go back to the police department and be used for equipment purchaes etc.

In all of those cases, there are procedures in place that track how contact was made, to the search, to the seizure, all the way back to how that money is spent and whats purchased with it.

The title fo the thread is a bit misleading in my opinion, since it doesnt take into account how any of this actually works with regards to semis or large money shipments that are caught. Any money being brought into or out of the United States in excess of 10k must be declared.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by anon72

This happens more than people think. If money is discovered during a traffic stop in a legal manner, and the owner of the vehicle states they don't know about the money or where it came from, they have no legal claim to that money.

And how often do people make that excuse? (IE: *looks down at the big bag of coke* Omg. No! That's not mine. I dunno where it came from, dawg.") A lot. Right?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

Uhm, money, not drugs there sport... And if a mule is carrying the money and gets stopped, they can run the gambit of claiming it. Over a certain dollar amount can trigger a preliminary investigation into where the cash came from and if its been used or being used in drug transactions.

And yes, I have personally witnessed people who had a large quantity of cash in their vehicle, and they have maintained they have no idea where the money had come from. I have watched these people turn the cash over and not claim it.

As well as they were holding it for a friend, of which they dont know their freinds name, where he lives etc. Or they are deliviering the money to a friends family with medical issues, yet cant name the family, where they live, who the patient is etc.

There are other clues present that I wont go into detail on that tips us off to something amiss. One of the key issues being left out though is the fact the articles and videos deal with Tractor Trailers.

Police do not need reasonable suspicon or probable cause to stop a semi because of it being flagged as interstate commerce and subject to different regulations. There are semi shipments (usually food) that are sealed in the trailer. Law Enforcement can break those seals, and we have seals we replace it with that denotes a legitimate inspection of the trailer.

So yes, it is possible for a truck driver to have a sealed trailer, get stopped, have the trailer searched, Police disocver 2 million in cash, and the driver know nothing about it being present. Since it wont be listed on his cargo / manifest list, and because the trailer is sealed prior to his pickup, yes its possible they dont know its present. Since they dont know about it, and its not listed on their cargo / manifest, the money can be seized.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

And that's what people are missing out on. The fact that police don't need PC or RS for searching a tractor-trailer. Because of what you said; that they're federally-controlled.

I think this news-piece is just more police-hater propaganda.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

www.abovetopsecret.com...

People need to understand the laws before they go off accusing cops of stealing money.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by john1287

Apparently you don't understand this is happening in Tennessee under the directions of the police department. This is not about everywhere in the world this is the USA and its not about a few bad apples. Also its does not only apply to large sums of money or people being let go for drugs. This is only one of several videos relating to this happening on Tennessee highways.

new topics

top topics

join