It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan road workers killed in Taliban ambush

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Afghan road workers killed in Taliban ambush

www.bbc.co.uk

At least 35 construction workers have been shot dead and 20 injured by Taliban insurgents in eastern Afghanistan, an official says.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Okay, who are the Taliban meant to be fighting for? Is it for the good of the Afgan people or just to spead fear and dominate?

It is said that one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. I do not see this as freedom fighting. Heck, this is TERRORISM.

The road workers were there to improve the infrastructure, to improve quality of life.

Please, does anyone else see that this is wrong?

www.bbc.co.uk
edit on 19/5/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Grammar

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

In a word yes! They seem to be hitting anybody! Even other Muslims as the article cited Turkish Road Workers!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher

Okay, who are the Taliban meant to be fighting for? Is it for the good of the Afgan people or just to spead fear and dominate?

It is said that one man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter. I do not see this as freedom fighting. Heck, this is TERRORISM.

The road workers were there to improve the infrastructure, to improve quality of life.

www.bbc.co.uk
edit on 19/5/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Grammar

I wonder how many workers were Indians as the president of India visited Afghanistan last week or the one before. The Indians have been constructing infrastructure projects in Afghanistan for a while. Pakistan is the only real enemy of India and I can see how the Pakistani Taliban might have used this opportunity to kill more innocents and inflict their terrorist activities.
edit on 19-5-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join