It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Creates Video Game Similar to Call of Duty

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
rt.com...

It is a first-person shooter just like the famous “Call of Duty”, but “Glorious Mission” is quite different – the enemy is American troops.

The game is designed by Giant Network Technology and supported by China’s People's Liberation Army. It highly resembles other first-person shooter games. Players engage in basic training, conducts mission and carries out orders.

Unlike most games however the enemy is not Russian, Middle Eastern, South American or Asian – It’s American; clips from the videogame show players shooting down US aircraft, killing US troops and targeting all that is American military might.

Ill have to wait for the reviews to come out before I buy this game. If it scores next to black ops or modern warfare, this is on my xmas list.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The huffington post says the graphics are "on par" with call of duty......Do they mean the 1st call of duty, or modern warfare 2? If they mean the 1st, theres no chance im gonna get this.

Dont know what the heck they're saying. Looks pretty intense though.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
What's fair is fair.
We shoot everyone else in games, even civilians in COD.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
To me, there is no problem with this.

The Americans make themselves out to be the heroes in their war games, fighting enemies from other Countries.

There is absolutely no problem with another Country picking who they want to be the bad guy in their video games.

Propaganda is propaganda.

Games are games.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The type 97 looks totally overpowered, needs to be nerfed.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Watch this make it to the best of E3.........

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
and what? Are there really any Americans mad over this game? Now imagine a Taliban video game? That would really stir up a bee's nest i bet

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
i bet that will really upset some american people.. but hey.. as said before fair is fair..

i never thought about it before but it must be weird for some of those guys in those countries, playing games like cod and playing as american troops fighting against their own country..

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by IIIiIIIIIIiIII

There is absolutely no problem with another Country picking who they want to be the bad guy..

in alot of American movies this is usually an english person.. or at least someone from europe...

2nd

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The Average person, is just going to think this is fair and no diffrent to Western games targeting another race and nothing to really worry about, i agree.
but i give it a week before the MSM jump up and down and cry foul and try to get their knickers in a knot...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog
but i give it a week before the MSM jump up and down and cry foul and try to get their knickers in a knot...

Hopefully this will give the game some good exposure, too.

The Man won't be too happy when a few thousand or more of his beloved slaves play and enjoy this game.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I was amused by the intense looks of the guys in their Dress uniform, playing against the guys in Camo. I was waiting for one to jump and yell, "OWNED YOU!"

To studious though, maybe the guys who lost had to pull guard detail that weekend.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
It makes no difference for me, I play a lot of video games, fps and all. I've practically killed every military personel from every nation that exists in video games as I can recall. Military only, I don't kill civilians. If you've played Deus Ex, you might also shoot UN troops. A very good game Deus Ex, ATS stuff, a lot of conspiracies.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog

Hopefully this will give the game some good exposure, too.

i doubt it, i think this thread will die off soon..

actually op i think you should have chose a different title, people seeing this on the front screen will only look at your thread if they are cod fans or gamers..

i think you actually have a much bigger story here than one just for gamers.. but credit to you for not using a sensational title.. (probably what will happen next and it will end up as a top topic)

im very interested to see the media reaction and that of the general public..

s&f op...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I think it's great to have Americans finally be the enemy in an army game since they are probably the worlds worst enemy atm. I'm sure some will see it negatively but I think it's fair like you guys said before. I'll try it out if I can, although probably my favorite game type is FPS's, I never liked Call of Duty much. It's just too slow for my taste.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

If you've played Deus Ex, you might also shoot UN troops. A very good game Deus Ex, ATS stuff, a lot of conspiracies.

Ironically, that game was what actually first got me into conspiracies.....and led me to ATS.....

Now all I need is to fight some MJ12 troopers....

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Honestly i thought the best games were the Destroy All Humans series. Man are those some funny ass games lol

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Interesting redress of balance..
tho I never play such games it will be interesting to see which markets this is a hit in (regardless if the game is good or not)

Originally posted by Misterlondon

There is absolutely no problem with another Country picking who they want to be the bad guy..

in alot of American movies this is usually an english person.. or at least someone from europe...
2nd

And I have noticed the reverse becoming a trend with Americans playing the lead naughty guy in British things.. It seems especially prevalent in the Beeb..

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this. Constantly our games portray other nations soldiers and/or people being killed by American and/or Western Troops.

Fair is Fair.

Lets not be a hypocrite.

S & F
edit on 19-5-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
THIS IS TERRIBLE WE MUST PUT AND END TO IT! NOBODY KILLS DIGITAL REPRESENTATIONS OF AMERICANS AND GETS AWAY WITH IT!

Man, I feel like a really just yelled all that. Nah, the game looks sweet. I'm tired of killing russians, germans, and slanty-eyed people. Everybody should be treated equally

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
reply to post by Jazzyguy

Ironically, that game was what actually first got me into conspiracies.....and led me to ATS.....

It got everything, and a game that is rather prophetic in my opinion. There's actually a very old ATS thread about it.

Just How Accurate Was the Game DEUS EX

Some wikiquote.

DX Philosophical debate

JC Denton: "Despite all I’ve read about the Triads, I wasn’t prepared to see them operating in the open, on the streets, and wearing uniforms. Doesn’t the Chinese government care?"
Isaac: "The Chinese leave Hong Kong alone. They barricade the roads to control trade to the mainland, but they know how business is done."
JC Denton: "I would think the secret smuggling operations of the Triads would disturb the Chinese government."
Isaac: "Maybe the Luminous Path, but China knows that the Red Arrow are business owners, entrepreneurs, community leaders, and that they protect the city from outside influences."
JC Denton: "You said 'outside influences.' What does China fear?"
Isaac: "China is the last sovereign country in the world. Authoritarian but willing - unlike U.N.-governed countries - to give its people the freedom to do what they want.
JC Denton: "As long as they don’t break the law."
Isaac: "Listen to me. This is real freedom, freedom to own property, make a profit, make your life. The West, so afraid of strong government, now has no government. Only financial power."
JC Denton: "Our governments have limited power by design."
Isaac: "Rhetoric--and you believe it! Don’t you know where those slogans come from?"
JC Denton: "I give up."
Isaac: "Well-paid researchers - how do you say it? - 'think tanks,' funded by big businesses. What is that? A 'think tank'?"
JC Denton: "Hardly as sinister as a dictator, like China’s Premier."
Isaac: "It’s privately-funded propaganda. The Trilateral Commission in the United States for instance."
JC Denton: "The separation of powers acknowledges the petty ambitions of individuals; that’s its strength."
Isaac: "A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders."
JC Denton: "Perhaps certain qualities are an inseparable part of human nature.
Isaac: "The mark of the educated man is the suppression of these qualities in favor of better ones. The same is true of civilization."

Deus Ex 2, after the Collapse, WTO and the Order are in charge, opposite of each other but ruled by the same people, sounds familiar?

This interesting arrangement — two groups violently opposing each other, yet ruled by the same people — was designed under the expert understanding of universe by the two Illuminati. Realizing that post-Collapse society would not tolerate a single governing body, they chose to split their attention. Those who would wish to see high profits and technology would flock to the WTO, whereas those seeking peace and spiritual fullness would join the Order.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join