It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Society Funeral ? WTF ? What is that Symbol They are All Throwing Up?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by anicetus
reply to post by StaceyWilson

That's video creeps me out. They're holding up the satanic hand sign for the devil.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If wishes were fishes, I'd have more sushi than I could stand. I wish people would read the whole thread before replying.

Agreed. Why, when it is so obvious, does this thread continue? CHIT-CHAT!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Pretty sure Bush is a fan. Did you know he lives in Texas?

No really, he does.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

And apparently Amajidan, President of Iran, is also a Longhorn fan.

Who would have thought?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I doubt that. I think he is a satanist. throwing the devil horns all around. he is president of Iran and the illuminati.
Well, Iran at least.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by poet1b

I doubt that. I think he is a satanist. throwing the devil horns all around. he is president of Iran and the illuminati.
Well, Iran at least.

Please tell me you said that in jest....

ETA - okay, I went back and read more CAREFULLY through the entire thread. I now realize you were really talking tongue-in-cheek. *whew* I thought I'd lost you to the dark side there for a minute!!

edit on 24-5-2011 by CIAGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CIAGypsy

It was a joke. No amount of common sense was going to work, so I decided to use scatterbrain logic. It seems to dominate this board. I think Ahmadinejad is holding the "I love you" sign up, like most politicians trying to appeal to EVERYONE in the crowd.

If you proved that 99 out of 100 were alumni of Texas and boosters, there would still be the 1 that was OBVIOUSLY a satanist who runs the Illuminati. It's the ATS way.

But thanks for checking on me.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Civil war era University of Texas fan in 1864 (19 years before UT was founded.) Or maybe he was into that civil war era heavy metal music

Hook em Horns!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5e4e21f78c5a.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c7d8a5b5dde.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 7-7-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I'm blood related to Lady Bird.

No reptilians in the fam I knows of.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

I'm blood related to Lady Bird. No reptilians in the fam I knows of.

I don't think anybody said anything about reptilians. The question was about "Illuminati" or occult membership.
I just got finished watching "Evidence of Revision". It deals in conspiracy not in "Illuminati" but in it are a number of programs about LBJ. It didn't make him out to be a very nice man and insinuated that he was involved in the JFK assasination, stole the senate election in 1948 (with box 13 no less, a good occult number), and had his own sister killed. An interesting watch. The trigger man on a number of LBJ connected murders was Malcolm Wallace-

www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk...

Wiki entry on box 13:

Jim Wells County is known as the home of "Box 13", the infamous ballot box which gave Lyndon Baines Johnson a 200-vote edge over popular former governor Coke Stevenson in the Democratic primary election. It was later demonstrated that these 200 votes were "stuffed" into the ballot box after the polls had closed. Johnson went on to win the election.

I recommend reading the information in the above link on the LBJ related murders. It is documented and makes a pretty good case. In addition, in his well researched book "Family of Secrets," Russ Baker places Poppy Bush in Dallas the day before JFK was shot and also places Nixon there as well. That makes 3 future Presidents in Dallas either that day or the day before. There have been a number of things written regarding "Illuminati"/Occult symbolism around JFK's killing. You don't need to be a reptilian to be corrupt or working another agenda.

edit on 7-7-2011 by coyotepoet because: added 2nd paragraph

edit on 7-7-2011 by coyotepoet because: box 13

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Double post

edit on 7-7-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
The question was about "Illuminati" or occult membership..

edit on 7-7-2011 by coyotepoet because: added 2nd paragraph

edit on 7-7-2011 by coyotepoet because: box 13

I'd love to know the basis for why you think these two things are synonymous....

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This was posted here before and it was determined to be the hook em horns sign....

I see that alot around here in Texas...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
So what if Ahmadenijad, Sarkozy, Blair, Clinton, Palin, Obama, Mugabe, Merkel, Berlusconi are all Texas Long Horn fans? Nothing wrong with supporting a good team. Go Long Horns!

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Gimmesometruth:

This was posted here before and it was determined to be the hook em horns sign.... I see that alot around here in Texas...

Okay, but what about the civil war dude before the University was even founded?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c7d8a5b5dde.jpg[/atsimg]

Certainly there is another meaning to it as well.

CIAgypsy

I'd love to know the basis for why you think these two things are synonymous....

I was waiting on someone to comment on that-not surprised it was you. I don't think they are synonymous. It's linguistic shorthand. I put "illuminati" in quotes because there are those that argue that this group died with Weishaupt and were a positive force. I used the word occult because of some of the symbols and methods used. I have argued in other threads that symbols are neutral and can be used for good or bad, that just because something is "occult" does not make it evil. And yet, regardless of what you call them (and there are many names-most meant to obfuscate,) that sacred higher and hidden knowledge has been used to manipulate for not so nice purposes-Hitler' and Nazi fascination with the occult included.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I was waiting on someone to comment on that-not surprised it was you.

Surely you didn't think I'd let that one slide, eh???

I don't think they are synonymous. It's linguistic shorthand. I put "illuminati" in quotes because there are those that argue that this group died with Weishaupt and were a positive force.

And those individuals would be very correct. There is no evidence that the "Illuminati" has survived beyond its original conception in the 1700's. However, for argument's sake alone, let's let you continue with your supposition....

I used the word occult because of some of the symbols and methods used. I have argued in other threads that symbols are neutral and can be used for good or bad, that just because something is "occult" does not make it evil.

I'd give you a star for that realization alone.
Good on ya!!!

And yet, regardless of what you call them (and there are many names-most meant to obfuscate,) that sacred higher and hidden knowledge has been used to manipulate for not so nice purposes-Hitler' and Nazi fascination with the occult included.

And what of those who use Christianity....or any religion or belief system.....to manipulate and enslave the masses for no-so-nice purposes? How about consumerism???? How about the belief in Global Warming? The line does not stop at the occult. The point is that many individuals in modern times and throughout history have had hidden agendas. They have used propaganda to further those agendas. Existence of these agendas does not indicate a concerted effort or conspiracy of any alleged "powers that be," no matter what name you want to call them by. The only thing such evidence indicates is that people are motivated by various factors to influence (or mislead) society. It is part of the human condition.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

And what of those who use Christianity....or any religion or belief system.....to manipulate and enslave the masses for no-so-nice purposes? How about consumerism???? How about the belief in Global Warming? The line does not stop at the occult. The point is that many individuals in modern times and throughout history have had hidden agendas. They have used propaganda to further those agendas.

Everybody has an agenda of one sort or another. Positive, negative, selfish, selfless, it depends on the person and the agenda--as does the means to accomplish said agenda. I'm assuming the propaganda to which you refer is dis/mis-information, blind alleys, red herrings, sometimes even good old NLP style mind control. On that we agree. There is a lot of misunderstanding for instance on what is meant by "occult" especially within religious groups who are convinced many things are "from the devil" without any deeper levels of understanding. We also agree that the line does not stop at the occult (probably more accurately referred to as "extra-physical means"--no need to sully the good names of the innocent occultists.) But are said "extra-physical" means used to accomplish certain agendas? I think so, especially since the fingerprints of ritual (symbolically and numerologically) are found in the damnedest places (pun intended.)

Existence of these agendas does not indicate a concerted effort or conspiracy of any alleged "powers that be," no matter what name you want to call them by. The only thing such evidence indicates is that people are motivated by various factors to influence (or mislead) society. It is part of the human condition.

Nor does the consideration that it is part of the human condition negate the possibility of a conspiracy of people that hold a shared mindset and shared goals. I think Robert Anton Wilson said it best when he stated that conspiracies are non-fungible (which is to say that it's absurd to blame all Masons for the actions of a few, for instance.) Even holding that understanding he acknowledged that there are conspiracies and groups that work towards steering society in certain directions through social engineering (and extra-physical means.) Even within something thought to be as monolithic as "The Illuminati"/PTB, etc, I'm of the increasing opinion that there is infighting, jockeying for power (as such is the way with the service to self path), and disagreements about the best ways to go about accomplishing certain agendas. But even that doesn't mean that these groups or agendas don't exist. Are they always what people think them to be (or were propagandized into believing them to be?) Likely not as such is the nature of the game. That's the cornerstone of propaganda though is it not? To mix truth in with the lies. I've seen you-we've crossed paths many times here at this point and always you vociferously argue against the existence of a group of conspirators. What I haven't seen is any proof that your point of view of said non-existence is based any less on faith, observation, or your own or others agendas,than mine is based on faith and observation of their existence. The only way either of us could speak with any such certainty is if we carried the highest levels of security clearance and anyone with such a high level of clearance saying the things you say with certainty would automatically be suspect as to the nature of that person's agenda (because remember, everyone has an agenda.) Just my thoughts on the topic.

BTW-because of my observations of you I harbor nothing but a high degree of respect for you and your point of view (but that still doesn't mean you are right.)
edit on 10-7-2011 by coyotepoet because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Everybody has an agenda of one sort or another. Positive, negative, selfish, selfless, it depends on the person and the agenda--as does the means to accomplish said agenda. I'm assuming the propaganda to which you refer is dis/mis-information, blind alleys, red herrings, sometimes even good old NLP style mind control.

Nyet... I do not necessarily think everyone approaches all propaganda with the purpose of misinformation or misdirection. Some people genuinely believe their own propaganda or perhaps even think of the message as harmless, especially when compared to something more sinister.

There is a lot of misunderstanding for instance on what is meant by "occult" especially within religious groups who are convinced many things are "from the devil" without any deeper levels of understanding.

Knowing your occult background, I'm glad to see you realize this important fact.

We also agree that the line does not stop at the occult (probably more accurately referred to as "extra-physical means"--no need to sully the good names of the innocent occultists.) But are said "extra-physical" means used to accomplish certain agendas? I think so, especially since the fingerprints of ritual (symbolically and numerologically) are found in the damnedest places (pun intended.)

The argument can also be made that symbology and numerology is also found in nature. Yet you do not consider mother nature to be part of some vast conspiracy.... Some things are just simply naturally occuring. Who is to say, ultimately, that it isn't all part of some divine plan?

What I haven't seen is any proof that your point of view of said non-existence is based any less on faith, observation, or your own or others agendas,than mine is based on faith and observation of their existence.

So you are asking me to prove a negative? Do you not see the illogic to that request??

The only way either of us could speak with any such certainty is if we carried the highest levels of security clearance and anyone with such a high level of clearance saying the things you say with certainty would automatically be suspect as to the nature of that person's agenda (because remember, everyone has an agenda.)

So, if I DO somehow prove a negative to you, that only makes my proof suspect because of where that proof is obtained? Sounds like a no-win situation to me. This is why CT believers refuse to accept logic, reason, proof, truth, or anything that doesn't fit their pre-conceived beliefs about what reality really is.

BTW-because of my observations of you I harbor nothing but a high degree of respect for you and your point of view (but that still doesn't mean you are right.)
edit on 10-7-2011 by coyotepoet because: Spelling

And I hold a high regard for you as well, mon ami.... But if this is your "truth," then I'm glad to be considered wrong....

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by StaceyWilson

I know this thread is pretty moribund, but I wanted to reply because I really admired Lady Bird. She's the reason Washington, D.C. is such a beautiful city, and she's the reason you see wildflowers growing next to the highway instead of billboard after billboard. She was a very gracious lady, and she is missed to this day.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Nyet... I do not necessarily think everyone approaches all propaganda with the purpose of misinformation or misdirection. Some people genuinely believe their own propaganda or perhaps even think of the message as harmless, especially when compared to something more sinister.

True. However, if a person believes something to be correct when it was not and they spread it they are still spreading disinformation and perhaps, though not a conscious effort by that person, is still serving the original intent of that propaganda. And, in areas such as are found all over this site, most, including myself, are guilty at one time or another of spreading disinformation even with the best intents.

The argument can also be made that symbology and numerology is also found in nature. Yet you do not consider mother nature to be part of some vast conspiracy.... Some things are just simply naturally occuring. Who is to say, ultimately, that it isn't all part of some divine plan?

Ahh...sacred geometry and Donald Duck and such. Correct. Because Starfish embody a pentagram I don't consider them to be nefarious even when they are upside down.
But in a way, that is precisely my point. If such things as geometry and numerology weren't a part of the fabric of creation they would be useless as tools of manipulation. It is only because they are fundamental to creation that they can be used by means of will. As for the divine plan, I am a Proniac (look up Rob Breszny if you are unfamiliar with the term) and believe that everything is for our growth and evolution as individuals and as a species-even the "negative" stuff.

So, if I DO somehow prove a negative to you, that only makes my proof suspect because of where that proof is obtained? Sounds like a no-win situation to me. This is why CT believers refuse to accept logic, reason, proof, truth, or anything that doesn't fit their pre-conceived beliefs about what reality really is.

Not at all. Just that your perception of Truth is different than my perception of Truth because we are looking at it relative to where we are on the sphere. You of all people should be aware of the truly subjective nature of truth coexisting with the wholly objective nature of Truth.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

As for the divine plan, I am a Proniac (look up Rob Breszny if you are unfamiliar with the term) and believe that everything is for our growth and evolution as individuals and as a species-even the "negative" stuff.

While I do not follow Breszny, I fully agree with your principle here. And it is a principle I have iterated many times on ATS and in other discussions. Everything....good and bad....has a critical role in the evolution of humanity.

Not at all. Just that your perception of Truth is different than my perception of Truth because we are looking at it relative to where we are on the sphere. You of all people should be aware of the truly subjective nature of truth coexisting with the wholly objective nature of Truth.

As both a physicist and a metaphysicist, I would wholeheartedly agree on many different levels with these statements.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join