It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Society Funeral ? WTF ? What is that Symbol They are All Throwing Up?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
A little off topic, but I'm glad my alma mater headed for the more lucrative pastures of the Big 10 and can say farewell to that cult of oil tycoons on the old schedule. Go big red!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Well, firstly, that is the Texas Longhorn band playing. After all, Lady Bird was from Texas. Secondly, the hand thing is the "Hook em Horns" signal..... Now, you can get into the whole, "Oh, that's a satanic sign," if you want, but I don't think that's the case here.
edit on 19-5-2011 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Okay. Given the context it COULD be the Hook 'Em Horns sign. Given another context, who goes to the funeral of a President's wife? Not very many "common" people to be sure. I'm betting that room was filled with rich and powerful elite and other politicians. Just for fun:

Man, who knew the Pope and Anton Levay were such big UT fans?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Im going with the fact that its probably a symbol for the Longhorns...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

That is a bit odd. I really don't see anybody do this kind of hand sign ever in person (although I dont really attend rock concerts lol) So why does it seem to be so popular among the 'elite'? Not saying its a satanic symbol, just saying that people don't even use this type of gesture now-a-days

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by avwood

That is a bit odd. I really don't see anybody do this kind of hand sign ever in person (although I dont really attend rock concerts lol) So why does it seem to be so popular among the 'elite'? Not saying its a satanic symbol, just saying that people don't even use this type of gesture now-a-days

My thinking exactly. It has been tasked as a Longhorns symbol, I've seen it at more of your head-banging style of rock concerts, it's an American Sign Language sign for "I Love You" (but I doubt that's what Anton Lavey was doing, or Tom Ridge for that matter.) You can find all sorts of pictures of politicians, religious figures (like Pat Robertson), and celebrities making this sign. To say that it solely represents one thing or another is a bit limited, but it is interesting how it does seem to be a popular elitist symbol.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
Okay. Given the context it COULD be the Hook 'Em Horns sign.
No, given the context it MUST be the Hook 'Em Horns sign. If they're singing the Eyes of Texas while in Austin and giving that hand sign, there is no other possibility.

Feel free to argue the sign having different meanings in different photos or videos. But in the one given in the OP, the meaning is quite clear.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by avwood

Hookem horns! Go to a UT FOOTBALL game and you will see this readily displayed.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
Okay. Given the context it COULD be the Hook 'Em Horns sign. Given another context, who goes to the funeral of a President's wife? Not very many "common" people to be sure. I'm betting that room was filled with rich and powerful elite and other politicians. Just for fun:

Man, who knew the Pope and Anton Levay were such big UT fans?

It appears that some of those people are doing a completely different sign. Some have their thumbs out, and some in. Please educate us as to the difference in the meaning. I for one would like to know if Obama is the devil or he is just doing it wrong.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

It appears that some of those people are doing a completely different sign. Some have their thumbs out, and some in. Please educate us as to the difference in the meaning. I for one would like to know if Obama is the devil or he is just doing it wrong.

Good Catch. I just Google imaged and quickly put something together, didn't even notice the thumbs, but you are correct, that makes it a different sign. Here's some wiki entries

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
What About This ? Are the Argati coming for them?

SInce you all are in the mood , What can any of you make of this recent , and quite popular Doco?
Ill Post a new thread on it anyway .

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

so it's official, lavey is a Texas fan.

And Hillary, Palin and Obama love you. Don't you feel better.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I like a good conspiracy story so, why not.....

Is Lyndon Johnson not an alledged suspect in the murder of JFK? Is LBJ not spotted at the bohemian grove? What if the texas longhorns is a front for the high-up secret satanists so they can greet eachother with the horned handsign and always have a legitimite excuse ready?

I mean those guys are smart people...always thinking more than one step ahead.....I know that a longhorn has horns but who would choose such a sign and make it the official greeting sign for a rspectable football club? If it was up to me I would use the V-sign with my fingers instead of the satan related one......just to avoid these kind of misunderstandings.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
If it was up to me I would use the V-sign with my fingers instead of the satan related one......just to avoid these kind of misunderstandings.

What misunderstanding ? The only people who see evil in either the "I love You" or " Texas Longhorn" signs are conspiracy theorists . Before I visited sites such as these , I have never given them a thought as being evil or a secret sign of some nefarious group (and I still don't) .

And seeing how the "V" sign is thought of as the "peace sign" would only be confusing and would not resemble a "longhorn" seeing how the horns are on the sides of the cattle's head with the skull in the middle , the sign you claim to be 'satanic" is a rather apt representation of a Texas Longhorn . .
edit on 20-5-2011 by whenandwhere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

who would choose such a sign and make it the official greeting sign for a rspectable football club?
Well, if you read the wikipedia articles linked above, you'd see that Texas started using the sign in 1955, and the first association with "heavy metal" was 1969, 14 years later. Anton LaVay didn't start the Church of Satan until 1966, so there really wasn't any negative connotation to the symbol when Texas first started using it. Why would a respectable football club NOT use it?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I like a good conspiracy story so, why not.....

Is Lyndon Johnson not an alledged suspect in the murder of JFK?

Is anyone not a suspect in the JFK assassination?

What if the texas longhorns is a front for the high-up secret satanists so they can greet eachother with the horned handsign and always have a legitimite excuse ready?

You're saying that a football team is a front for reptilian conspiracy.

I know that a longhorn has horns but who would choose such a sign and make it the official greeting sign for a rspectable football club?

Someone who knows what a bull's head looks like.

If it was up to me I would use the V-sign with my fingers

Have you seen a longhorn before?

instead of the satan related one......just to avoid these kind of misunderstandings.

The "Hook 'Em" sign predates its associations with Satanism by more than a decade. Why should they accommodate the ignorance of others?

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

If it was up to me I would use the V-sign with my fingers instead of the satan related one......just to avoid these kind of misunderstandings.

Really? It also mean 'go f yourself' in several countries.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by StaceyWilson

That's video creeps me out. They're holding up the satanic hand sign for the devil.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by anicetus
reply to post by StaceyWilson

That's video creeps me out. They're holding up the satanic hand sign for the devil.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If wishes were fishes, I'd have more sushi than I could stand. I wish people would read the whole thread before replying.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Apparently GW and Amijidan are both Longhorn fans.

Don't do this often, hope it works.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join