It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC Racist Affirmative Action Madness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by whome29
I just want to say as a black american, I'm sick and tried of affirmative action. Why would I want something in law that says that someone gave me something because im black. Or when I work my butt off at work and get a raise or promotion, to be told that the reason i got it is because of affirmative action. Before affirmative action my ancestors had it hard , But they stepped up to the plate and their achievements meant something . I just think affirmative action , welfare , and things like this made us weak. Just look at how fast blacks were move up before welfare, and affirmative action.

Exactly mate.

Martin Luther King said we should judge people on the content of their character not the colour of their skin - and affirmative action undermines everything MLK stood for.

Do I want my surgeon to be given his job simply as he was white / black / female / gay / lesbian etc etc ?

No.

I want my surgeon to be given the job on just one criteria - MERIT.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by retiredTxn

Do your own homework yes?
(it has to do with formulating questions by taking into consideration a truckload of relevant information - good luck finding it by the way)

Ha ha ha ha you have been busted and owned !

Uhuh, totally.

Again, done with you in this thread. Go ahead, make up more stuff that is not in the article. It suits your purpose no? You know what the issue is with people like yourself? You are too easy to figure out, most likely because you don't think before you utter statements.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
As a global measure, correct me if I'm wrong (I'm sure someone will), but white people are the world's ethnic minority, for want of a better phrase. White people are blamed for EVERYTHING that goes wrong in the world, and if that is not racism, I don't know what is.
In the UK we have a similar problem with 'work racism', in that if you are a white male, fully qualified in the job you are applying for and a black man, equally qualified, or a woman, equally qualified, or a disabled in some way person, equally qualified, all go for a job, and employer must NOT, by law employ the white man.

Is that racism, or am I a total idiot?

This law was put into place by a woman who has now made young women of child bearing age virtually unemployable because the over generous maternity rights given. When I was working and pregnant and had a child, employment law was not so generous towards women BUT we at least managed to get jobs. Nowadays, if I was an employer I would only employ by word of mouth never advertise and never employ those who have by law 'more rights than the humble white male'...........who basically has NO rights at all except health and safety rights.

Unfortunately, the law now offers compensation to anyone of non white race, for any 'feelings' they may have they they 'might' have been discriminated against because of a 'feeling' of racism. For the right price, I might raise the possibility that I 'feel' offended because I feel I might have been discriminated against. That could be a nice little earner if i could 'feel' this way regularly.

However, white males are not allowed to have these feelings. They have become a sub species of human as they are apparantly impossible to be racially discriminated against, what with being a white person, potentially equivilant to being a 'non person' now in the UK.

Whenever a young person tells me they want to go to university, I give them a simple warning. The world is run mostly by people who have been to university. See what they are doing? Still want to go to university and allow your brain to be replaced with foam?

link   
As a global measure, correct me if I'm wrong (I'm sure someone will), but white people are the world's ethnic minority, for want of a better phrase. White people are blamed for EVERYTHING that goes wrong in the world, and if that is not racism, I don't know what is.
In the UK we have a similar problem with 'work racism', in that if you are a white male, fully qualified in the job you are applying for and a black man, equally qualified, or a woman, equally qualified, or a disabled in some way person, equally qualified, all go for a job, and employer must NOT, by law employ the white man.

This law was put into place by a woman who has now made young women of child bearing age virtually unemployable because the over generous maternity rights given. When I was working and pregnant and had a child, employment law was not so generous towards women BUT we at least managed to get jobs. Nowadays, if I was an employer I would only employ by word of mouth never advertise and never employ those who have by law 'more rights than the humble white male'...........who basically has NO rights at all except health and safety rights.

Unfortunately, the law now offers compensation to anyone of non white race, for any 'feelings' they may have they they 'might' have been discriminated against because of a 'feeling' of racism. For the right price, I might raise the possibility that I 'feel' offended because I feel I might have been discriminated against. That could be a nice little earner if i could 'feel' this way regularly.

However, white males are not allowed to have these feelings. They have become a sub species of human as they are apparantly impossible to be racially discriminated against, what with being a white person, potentially equivilant to being a 'non person' now in the UK.

Whenever a young person tells me they want to go to university, I give them a simple warning. The world is run mostly by people who have been to university. See what they are doing? Still want to go to university and allow your brain to be replaced with foam?

link   

Originally posted by Zamini

(it has to do with formulating questions by taking into consideration a truckload of relevant information - good luck finding it by the way)

Ha ha ha ha you have been busted and owned !

Uhuh, totally.

Again, done with you in this thread. Go ahead, make up more stuff that is not in the article. It suits your purpose no? You know what the issue is with people like yourself? You are too easy to figure out, most likely because you don't think before you utter statements.

Yeah whatever.

You have been busted and owned.

Jog on.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elliot

You are right.

It is pure and simple racism.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

So, in other words, you claim something, yet can't back it up. You claimed it, but just don't feel like doing the exact thing you sanctimoniously suggest I do. You do YOUR homework before telling someone who asks a question to do theirs. My question still stands. Maybe someone who KNOWS will actually answer it. Obviously, not you. Good day.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Roguesheep

Actually, yes, for the most part. There is something to be said about cultural context and testing. The SAT (the university entrance exam) has been faulted many a time for using examples and hypotheticals in the math and reading portion of the test that are based on a cultural knowledge that is completely alien to inner-city Black Americans and rural poor of any ethnic background.

In fact, I would argue that a standardized test, by definition, is inadequate to measure real intelligence because they are designed by a closed loop of people who are products of the same system that has created the test. Whether that be a standardized test for a municiple position or a public school exam, the same outcome will occur.

The old quote by Paulo Freire - writing in Portuguese - addressing the issue of literacy in Brazil during the military dictatorship dealt with the total irrelevancy of the instructional materials and drills that were used to educate the illiterate. His quote would be translated somewhere along the lines of "Eva ate a grape [uva]. This, for teaching people who have never known an "Eva" and have never eaten grapes. (Teaching the letter "v" obviously)."

This makes sense. Are you going to teach a bunch of American kindergarteners the phonetic reality of the English sound "K" by teaching them words like cwm or kinetic or chymera? Or would you rather use kite and cat.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

So, in other words, you claim something, yet can't back it up.

If I would say the sky is blue, would I need to prove it? No right? As it is a given that the sky is blue.

This kind of knowledge is also a given when discussing tests and how well people from different ethnicity's perform. Or do you want a complete sociology/anthropology/behavioral science paper in each thread, from the very basics until the very advanced? No right, because you wouldn't read that. So when you barge into a thread like this/make a thread like this, you shouldn't act surprised when these things you don't know about are mentioned! And you certainly can't make it look like I'm the uneducated one, since I can back it up but I simply am not moved enough to do so. If you are genuinely interested in the subject you've got tons of reading to do.

You do YOUR homework before telling someone who asks a question to do theirs.

Is this the equivalent of saying: "No, you're a banana!"?

Maybe someone who KNOWS will actually answer it. Obviously, not you. Good day.

There's this thing called google, I bet you've heard about it.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

If I would say the sky is blue, would I need to prove it? No right? As it is a given that the sky is blue.

This kind of knowledge is also a given when discussing tests and how well people from different ethnicity's perform. Or do you want a complete sociology/anthropology/behavioral science paper in each thread, from the very basics until the very advanced? No right, because you wouldn't read that. So when you barge into a thread like this/make a thread like this, you shouldn't act surprised when these things you don't know about are mentioned! And you certainly can't make it look like I'm the uneducated one, since I can back it up but I simply am not moved enough to do so. If you are genuinely interested in the subject you've got tons of reading to do.

Sorry to hear you are not moved enough to support your "knowledge". Post Toasties a little soggy today? This kind of knowledge being a given is a cop-out. Maybe in your world, but not in everyone else's. Apparently you are the only one who has such knowledge, but it is beneath you to educate those you feel are less educated than yourself. No, I didn't barge in or create this thread, I came to participate, unlike some.

Take the chip off your shoulder, come down from that ivory tower, and learn to participate in discussions. I asked a question you couldn't answer. Go take a test or something! Good night!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Yes, the deck is always stacked against them....
Of course.

Hasn't anyone called Al Sharpton??
Most people think that these tests are stacked against one minority or another, I don't see how?
Maybe they should have written the test in ebonics?

edit on 19-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2011 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Not trying to derail your thread brother, but I made a thread awhile back that goes in to the American race issue.
If your do decide to visit it, please NO stars or flags. It was intended for education and research.
Hope it helps.
Quad

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

So how would you want to hire firefighters, when a test designed specifically with a help of a black psychologist is not enough?

Seriously, this is one of the most absurd news I have read ever...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join