It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Strauss-Kahn, Head of the IMF, had to be eliminated. He had even predicted he would be 'set-up

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
more insight into why the Americans would have a vested interest in taking DSK down.

Dominique Strauss-Kahn Was Tying to Torpedo the Dollar

It's all about perception management. The media is trying to dig up as much dirt as they can on Dominique Strauss-Kahn so they can hang the man before he ever sees the inside of a courthouse. It reminds me of the Terry Schiavo case, where devoted-husband Michael was pegged as an insensitive slimeball for carrying out the explicit wishes of his brain-dead wife. Do you remember how the media conducted their disgraceful 24 hour-a-day Blitzkrieg with the endless coverage of weepy Christian fanatics on the front lawn of the hospital while Hannity, Limbaugh and O' Reilly fired away with their sanctimonious claptrap? And now you're telling me that that same media is just "doing their job?"

Give me a break. Whoever wants to nail IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn has really pulled out all the stops. Their agents have been rummaging through diaries, hotel registries, phone records, yearbooks, yada, yada, yada. The UK Telegraph even paid a visit to a high-priced DC knocking shop to get a little dirt from Madame Botox; whatever it takes to make a randy banker look like the South Hill rapist. And they're doing a pretty good job, too.

The cops have made sure that the "Great Seducer" always appears handcuffed and dressed in a "pervie" raincoat with 3-days stubble before they parade him in front of the media. On Wednesday--more grist for the mill--they released his mug-shot, an unflattering, deadpan photo that makes him look like Jack-the-Ripper. Was that the intention?

www.informationclearinghouse.info...

Here's a clip from CNN Money:

"The International Monetary Fund issued a report Thursday on a possible replacement for the dollar as the world's reserve currency

. The IMF said Special Drawing Rights, or SDRs, could help stabilize the global financial system....SDRs represent potential claims on the currencies of IMF members.....

The IMF typically lends countries funds denominated in SDRs. While they are not a tangible currency, some economists argue that SDRs could be used as a less volatile alternative to the U.S. dollar. "Over time, there may also be a role for the SDR to contribute to a more stable international monetary system," he said.

The goal is to have a reserve asset for central banks that better reflects the global economy since the dollar is vulnerable to swings in the domestic economy and changes in U.S. policy. In addition to serving as a reserve currency, the IMF also proposed creating SDR-denominated bonds, which could reduce central banks' dependence on U.S. Treasuries. The Fund also suggested that certain assets, such as oil and gold, which are traded in U.S. dollars, could be priced using SDRs." ("IMF discusses dollar alternative", CNN Money)

money.cnn.com...

edit on 22-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Does anyone know anything about A. Shakour Shaalan?

Some interesting insight into the decision-making process going on at the IMF right now:

online.wsj.com...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
reply to post by smurfy

Your profile lists your location as Ireland. What do you feel will be the implications of DSK's removal from head of the IMF for your country and it's current economic crises?

Hi incredible,

That's something I'm trying to figure out. If you look at a previous post to CouncilOfNine you will see I mentioned the Vatican, it's not there by accident, but CouncilOfNine as a NWO buff, did not see it's significance. Anyway, this latest flurry of activity from world leaders like Obama and the Queen to Ireland has to have an underlying purpose, just as GW and Gordon Brown had a nosy in Belfast in 2008 right before the financial crisis started to take hold. It could have something to do with a trillion dollar slush fund, supposedly missing from the US treasury, that may or may not have something to do with a 'Leo Wanta' who is both a real and fictitious person. If the real Leo Wanta has this money, then the money is not missing, but in his charge. If the fictitious Leo Wanta 'knows' the whereabouts of this money, then it is truly missing from the US treasury, however only the real Leo Wanta can release this money from the various accounts, if in fact that is where it is, but so far he will not release it back to the US treasury. Perplexing story, yes, but it's enough to know that everybody and their granny is running around after this money, which after around 30 years, is thought to be worth in the $70 trillion. No one seems to be sure if the initial amount was in bullion or cash or both. It is not thought that LW is part of the NWO and if the opposite, could be disruptive to the NWO. As for the Vatican, the Papal state has been amassing gold for millenia, via the Vikings, the Conquistadores. Names like, Christopher Columbus, Francisco Pizarro,Cortez Drake all pop to mind. The Vatican representatives in the Americas were 'missions' and Californian gold went off willy nilly to the Vatican until it was annexed after the Mexican war So yes, it is the Vatican that holds much of the world's gold, most of it nicked, and most is not being brought to the Vatican, it is elsewhere, and you can guess about that. But it is now noticeable that much of western europe at least, have their heads turning back to Rome, or rather the Papal state, with even the possibilty of a relaxing of the English head of government being allowed to be a Roman Catholic, and increasing numbers of Catholic members of the EU parliament. It seems then that favours are being done behind the scenes, and if you believe as many do, that it is the Vatican that is the big player in the NWO, then it makes some sense. Whether this Papal NWO is in alignment with the likes of Rockefeller and the desire to deplete the "Useless eaters" type of NWO, or not is a matter of conjecture, as is the whole NWO concept, much more digging needed. I am in Northern Ireland BTW.

Just to add with the news that Christine Lagarde is the new IMF boss, it could be both good and bad for the ROI. she would give more time to repay loans, but I'm not sure if she would allow any more reduction on the interest rates. She is also pretty much an EU person, it will be interesting to see if Obama has anything to say on her appointment, which was backed gy the British government.
edit on 23-5-2011 by smurfy because: Add text.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
The more I read about what the IMF was hoping to do (will they still?) with Special Drawing Rights, or SDRs, it makes me understand why the US media is so lockstep in their message on this story. This move would be DISASTROUS for the Dollar.

Will his replacement continue in this direction, or will there be a more Dollar-friendly approach? Everyone seems to think at this point it will be French Finance Minister Christine Lagarde, and she was schooled and employed for a good portion of her life in the good ol USofA. If chosen, it will be interesting to see which direction the IMF takes on this issue.

Dominique Strauss-Kahn, managing director of the IMF, acknowledged there are some "technical hurdles" involved with SDRs, but he believes they could help correct global imbalances and shore up the global financial system.

"Over time, there may also be a role for the SDR to contribute to a more stable international monetary system," he said. The goal is to have a reserve asset for central banks that better reflects the global economy since the dollar is vulnerable to swings in the domestic economy and changes in U.S. policy.

money.cnn.com...

Don't Eff with the long-term stability of the Dollar.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Regime Change at the IMF: The Frame-Up of Dominique Strauss-Kahn? by Prof. Michel Chossudovsky

www.globalresearch.ca...

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
According to a recent publication in my country, he has a long history of sexual harassment in Europe.

There might be no conspiracy behind it at all. I've personally witnessed several men in power position to abuse women in a corporation environment. Lets admit.....many of us cannot control our own sex drive sometimes.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
"They" make sure he's in a pervie rain coat?

Gosh, I didn't know that rain coats were part of the attire of the guest of the jail house. When did this become part of the uniform of the accused......

or does he choose his clothing HIMSELF?

You can't control your sexual drive, and that may lead to people who abuse others? Fascinating. Can you expand on this?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

You can't control your sexual drive, and that may lead to people who abuse others? Fascinating. Can you expand on this?

I'm not sure what it is you are trying to say here. Can you expand upon it a bit? Thank you in advance.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Just spent some time listening to some CSPAN interviews with possible new IMF Managing Director and current French Finance Minister Christine Lagarde. Topical stuff. Lots to digest.

www.c-spanvideo.org... --this was has a great question about the IMF's position on the Euro vs. the Dollar issue at 19:00.Although her answer is underwhelming.

www.c-spanvideo.org...
edit on 24-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Jonathan Pinet, a political science student, tweeted the news of Dominique Strauss-Kahn’s arrest before it had even happened, according to Le Post, a French newspaper.

Meanwhile the first person to re-tweet Mr Pinet was Arnaud Dassier, a spin doctor who had been previously involved in publicising the details of Mr Strauss-Kahn’s luxurious lifestyle.

The first website to break the news, meanwhile, was the French right-wing news blog, 24heuresactu.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by alomaha

yep. Glad someone else noticed. The US media is now reporting a 'revised' version of the tweet. whole thread about it here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The US media is now claiming the tweet was: "A pal in the United States just let me know that DSK was arrested by police in New York an hour ago", even though the ACTUAL tweet was "A buddy in the United States told me that police arrested #DSK in a NYC hotel an hour ago." (translated from French)

edit on 25-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Some interesting quotes elating to the US's financial interest in the IMF and World Bank.

“For the sake of influencing policy and lending, as well as maintaining congressional support, it is very important that the World Bank continue to be led by an American,” Representative Nita Lowey of New York, the top Democrat on the House Appropriations Committee panel that oversees foreign-aid spending, said in an e-mail.

We would like to see the U.S. continue to play and have a leadership role in these institutions,” Representative Robert Dold, an Illinois Republican and vice chairman of the Financial Services Committee panel that oversees development banks, said in an interview.

Darn right they would.

“Congress is certainly watching this election process very closely,” Tim Adams, a former Treasury undersecretary and now managing director at the Lindsey Group, an investment consulting firm based in Fairfax, Virginia, said in an interview. “They will want to ensure that the U.S. representation at both the fund and the bank remain at its current levels.

The US could stand to lose A LOT if the IMF moves to use a different currency than the US Dollar for their transactions.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The US governments financial bureaucracy should have known about the movement away from using the USD as the base monetary unit for at the last 20 years.

Everything was moved to being pinned to USD, and it was never intended to stay that way.

Moving the IMF itself off onto another currency would facilitate the decoupling of currencies.

If this is news to the US government, so much so that they'd need to "set-up" a perv to stop it.....well then the US's finance bureaucracy are a bunch of idiots. At any point they could have intervened.

You really want to make the case that they JUST noticed, just when Mr.Pervy here happened to be up as the head of the IMF? What about the previous 2 decades of this plan?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons

You really want to make the case that they JUST noticed, just when [the accused] here happened to be up as the head of the IMF? What about the previous 2 decades of this plan?

Yes. I think the case can and is being made. This plan to move the IMF from the US Dollar to their SDR's may have been in the works for a while, but it was actually only close to being implemented recently.

I am not saying this is the sole motivating factor for wanting to remove him from a powerful position, I'm merely saying it's one of several reasonable possibilities. His proximity to holding the position of the next President of France is also obviously a possible motivation for some. I am merely outlining what the US may very well be gaining by his resignation as far as the continuation of the tradition of the US and the Dollar holding primary importance within the financial mechanisms of the IMF, and other global organizations. Will the coming changes to the IMF leadership keep the US currency and policy at the forefront of IMF policies? Or will we see the IMF continue in the direction of implementing their SDR's? e will have to wait at least a few more weeks to find out. But one can observe the news and see the direction things certainly appear to be going.

To rule all of this out and 100% believe the MSM storyline that he is guilty as charged seems very counter to the general operating procedure at a 'conspiracy website'. I consider it one of many possibilities, to be sure. But when one analyzes the uniformity with which the man has been tarred and feathered in the us press, it is hard to avoid coming to the conclusion that there is an agenda at work.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

yet more info confirming many suspicions this was a set up:

It's appearing more like a political setup for Strauss-Kahn, as details of what was to transpired in the following week, had Strauss-Kahn not been arrested. Details are emerging of an announcement that was to come from Strauss-Kahn the following week, of a consolidation of the world's central banks under one umbrella that would have changed the world's finanial system and tailored it toward the elites planned New World Order.

The plan was to consolidate all the world's central banks in order to eliminate the IMF's problem of having to deal with each individual countries central bank, one at a time. In this proposed scenario, the world's central banks would have one representation for the IMF to negotiate with, giving the IMF far more power. Instead of the IMF having to go to every nation's central bank, with this consolidation plan the onus would be on the central banks to negotiate with each other and send one representation the IMF to negotiate any final deals. It would appear that one or more of these central banks was not behind this plan, as Strauss-Kahn was more than likely set up for a fall. Notoriously, since its inception, the IMF has always been run by a European leader, while the World Bank has always been run by an American.
For the first time in the history of the two financial organizations an American is at the helm of each, as the number two man at the IMF, John Lipsky has stepped in as interim IMF chief.

schmidtreport.blogspot.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
So it looks like the prosecution's case is falling apart. I think it was a set up to begin with.

They knocked him out of the April elections and the IMF seat. Mission accomplished.

They don't need to send him to prison.

Power play among the Elites.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
They will drag this case on for years and hope the general public forget about the case and details.

Two old aged bankers don't become rapeists no more than a girl would thorw a party for a wikileaks leader the day after he raped her.

Just how stupid do they think we are.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector
So it looks like the prosecution's case is falling apart. I think it was a set up to begin with.

They knocked him out of the April elections and the IMF seat. Mission accomplished.

They don't need to send him to prison.

Power play among the Elites.

Yes, I think what you say is spot on.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

And even more now the case is falling apart. The poor maid is probably just a pawn in their nasty game too.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Just s predicted by myself and others, as soon as Christine Legaurd was confirmed as the new IMF managing director, the 'case' against DSK begins following apart.

Remember how i have been mentioning The IMF's "SDRs"?

well, look at this:

www.theatlantic.com...

here's a whole mess of info about the US dollar and the new global currency the US is resisting:

www.bloomberg.com...

www.cbc.ca...

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join