It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flash 10.3 + Windows 7 (64bit) + IE9 = Fail

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I recently updated my installed Adobe Flash Player software to the latest version (10.3). I never had any issues with browsing until this point.

Suddenly, any page that I access that has a Flash-powered add or other content is rendered with the Flash content in the upper left of the page, quite often obscuring the content that I wanted to read.

From what I understand, this only occurs with the following common factors:

• Windows 7 (64bit)
  • IE 9
  • Adobe Flash 10.3

It's extremely irritating.

Anyone else seeing this issue with Flash content rendered 'out of place' on pages while browsing?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
try firefox instead, i've got the exact same set up but with firefox and (touchwood) no problems at all so far.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
As a web developer by trade let me say this.....

Anything related to Internet Explorer is instantly fail.... oh, and "real" developers HATE FLASH, the only thing it's good for is playing a video. As for Win7, while it's not a bad OS, I still prefer XP SP3 Pro. above all other Microsoft OS's.

Oh, and just because...
Owning a Mac does not automatically make you a web designer, web master, or web developer. (jab jab)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Yep Woodnuts onto it.

64bit Windows 7 here too, and only ever using Firefox. It had a small glitch on upgrading to version 4 something but it's sorted now.

I stopped using IE 9 years ago. No complaints at all with Mozilla's Firefox in all that time..except for the problems I let in.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
You can try uninstalling flash 10.3 and reinstalling 10.2 (If that version was working before)
Download Flash 10.2 from here (Adobe website):
fpdownload.macromedia.com...

I would still highly recommend Firefox - it has lots of add-ons that are useful. Firefox is what I use..
Good luck...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

IE 9

I found your problem.

edit on 20-5-2011 by warbird03 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by billybobh3

No, so far I'm not having the same problem. Works fine for me. Flickers a little when scrolling so maybe my computer just redraws too fast to notice any problem. Have you tried updating the video drivers?
edit on 21-5-2011 by tinfoilman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I don't have any problems with Flash on IE9 inthe 64 bits version of Windows 7, but you have to use the 32 bit version of IE9.

According to Adobe:

Flash Player does not run in most 64-bit browsers.

Source

top topics

join