It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Calculations Indicate 4 Mega New Madrid Quakes Possible (Mag - 8.8, 8.9, 9.1, 9.4)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I have been taking measurements and doing readings of the activity level of the New Madrid fault zone and based on my calculations of the data, it does not look good. My calculations indicate that 4 mega earthquakes might occur on the New Madrid fault zone.

If it happens, the magnitude of one quake would be 8.8. Another quake would have a magnitude of 8.9. Another quake would have a magnitude of 9.1. And the biggest quake in the mega-quake cluster sequence would have a magnitude of 9.4. I get these magnitudes by calculating the amount of stress buildup that I am detecting in the fault zone.

There will be, if it happens, just like the last time it happened in 1811-12, 4 extremely large quakes, all classed in the mega size (8.8 and higher). They would, if it happens, occur in various areas of the fault, just like in 1811-12.

In 1811-12, the 4 main quakes happened in 3 separate areas, with 2 of them occurring on the same day. Which is why there is some confusion as to there having been 3 or 4 giant quakes. There were also 3 other enormous aftershocks that occurred, which brought the total to 7 giant quakes in all. But usually those don't get counted in the main quakes that happened.

I believe something similar to this might possibly happen again. The last time it happened in 1811-12, it was the last of the 4 big quakes, the February 7th, 1812 quake that was the biggest one, called the "Grand Daddy of all quakes."

From the readings I am getting, a very large series of quakes might possibly happen again, with one in particular possibly being of catastrophic power. It could be so big as to cause at least 2 more very large quakes (and possibly a third one happening right around the same time), just like in 1811-12. Also, just like in 1811-12, I see the possibility that all of the quakes could be incredibly violent and horrendous, with one of them perhaps being biblical in nature - the same as it was 200 years ago.

I do get the calculations that the stress factor is there to possibly release enough energy to cause a magnitude 9.4 earthquake to hit in the New Madrid fault zone. The best comparison for such an event, if it were to happen, would be the February 7th, 1812 New Madrid quake. That quake caused total destruction around the epicenter (a 12 out of a possible 12 on the Mercalli scale). It knocked down buildings in Saint Louis, chimneys and brick structures in Chicago, and knocked dishes and books off shelves in Montreal. It also caused church bells to ring simultaneously in Boston. And it awoke people from their sleep in the middle of the night in Washington D.C. The duration of the church bells ringing in Boston was reported to be around 6 minutes in length.

Unfortunately, I am getting data that suggests such an earthquake (what my calculations suggest would be mag 9.4) could possibly happen again on the New Madrid fault.
edit on 19-5-2011 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
What time frame are we looking at? Is it probabilities or actual information ? We need more data..watch out for the flame throwers up next

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
How did you arrive at that conclusion? Show us your data please

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

Fascinating!! Can't wait to see what all of your calculations look like! I'm guessing you've been looking at all of the webicorders and seismometers and stuff. I'm terrible at math so those columns of numbers and equations and stuff would be beyond me. You are going to post all of your actual mathematical, statistical, and geometric graphs and calculations and all of the empirical data, aren't you? Can't WAIT to see it all!

EDIT: No data yet?
I'm sorry I'm being so impatient, but I really just can't WAIT to see it. You could just scan the work you did on paper and upload for us. Or you could use a cellphone camera or digital camera to take pics of your work and upload them that way if you don't have a scanner. I'll keep checking back to see if you've uploaded it all yet.

ANOTHER EDIT: Still no data, huh? Hmmm. Well. Gee. Guess I'll check back first thing tomorrow. Can't WAIT to see it all.

edit on 19-5-2011 by dalloway because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kassych

By my calculations it will occur between the dates of the 20th May 2011 and 16th June 2614...give or take a day or two.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

At least that clears things up a bit..

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by kassych

By my calculations it will occur between the dates of the 20th May 2011 and 16th June 2614...give or take a day or two.

New Madrid is not the seismic center of the world and it will not unchain the Armageddon.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Im not going to comment on the so called earthquakes you predict at New Mardrid. But can you give me next weeks lotto numbers. Cheers.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by zDecoy

Looking at his previous posts, it moslty based on numerology, and a fanatical obsession with the number 11.

This year it seems his obsession has focused on the New Madrid fault line, and he posts an earthquake prediction several times a month. Lately it seems like he posts a new prediction every few days.

As an example, the basis of his last earthquake prediction was (and I quote)...
May 17, 2011
= 5 + 17 + 11
= 5 + 17 = 22
= 11 + 22 = 33
= 11 (11) 22 (11 + 11) 33 (11 + 11 + 11)

edit on 19-5-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Can we officially put that prediction on the record. If so you must be warned that if this does not happen all your credibility on this site will be lost forever. Your going out on quite a big limb by making such a specific and accurate prediction.

For the record your post made my night, thank you

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Thanks for your information, can you please tell us how you arrived at these calculations?

I don't wish to doubt you, but so many claims are made here and elsewhere, people just pull "facts" from thin air, you said you have made calculations so if you have can you please share them so we to can also look into it? I am particularly interested in how you calculated the stress levels and where you got your data from

I am not trying to put you down or discredit you, I just want to see the data backing it up

Peace

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

I appreciate the work you must have put into this, however I can't effectively 'freak out' unless I've seen the data. Until I'm able to ensure that you've 'carried the one' correctly, I'll have to maintain my 9 to 5 and keep my tin foil hat stowed. Not quite
, more like

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I enjoy calculations! Please post some of them. And the data you used to make those calculations. I'd love to proof them for you. Heck I'd even do it for free! And if they prove accurate, we'll be rich, selling your formula and derivatives of it to governments all over the world.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
to predict quakes to such a degree...WOW!!! almost instantly we could prevent all deaths, and in the not so distant future even prevent money loss!! your formula for these calculations could make you a billionaire and world wide hero!!!

great job!!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalloway

Fascinating!! Can't wait to see what all of your calculations look like! I'm guessing you've been looking at all of the webicorders and seismometers and stuff. I'm terrible at math so those columns of numbers and equations and stuff would be beyond me. You are going to post all of your actual mathematical, statistical, and geometric graphs and calculations and all of the empirical data, aren't you? Can't WAIT to see it all!

EDIT: No data yet?
I'm sorry I'm being so impatient, but I really just can't WAIT to see it. You could just scan the work you did on paper and upload for us. Or you could use a cellphone camera or digital camera to take pics of your work and upload them that way if you don't have a scanner. I'll keep checking back to see if you've uploaded it all yet.

ANOTHER EDIT: Still no data, huh? Hmmm. Well. Gee. Guess I'll check back first thing tomorrow. Can't WAIT to see it all.

Well. Here I am. I was really excited to see your data and calculations and stuff but you still haven't posted them. Red Cloak, where are you? Hello?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
So what data is used to make these predictions? By the way, can you calculate seven numbers between 1 and 49? The lottery is tomorrow.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by zDecoy

Looking at his previous posts, it moslty based on numerology, and a fanatical obsession with the number 11.

This year it seems his obsession has focused on the New Madrid fault line, and he posts an earthquake prediction several times a month. Lately it seems like he posts a new prediction every few days.

As an example, the basis of his last earthquake prediction was (and I quote)...
May 17, 2011
= 5 + 17 + 11
= 5 + 17 = 22
= 11 + 22 = 33
= 11 (11) 22 (11 + 11) 33 (11 + 11 + 11)

edit on 19-5-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

Really would like to know what type of numerology people are using... I've studied magic and numbers, but never were there ever double digits. If they ended in double digits, this digits were added together to get a single digit.

5 + 1 + 7 + 2 + 0 + 1 + 1 = 17 (1+ 7) = 8

So what does the 33 mean? What does this even tell us?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I am not as congenial as other posters, maybe that's because I am in my late 40's. Your thread title is an abject lie. You have no calculations; had you any worth presenting you would have. Mods should move this to the hoax forum.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
22nd?
edit on 5/19/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

I am not as congenial as other posters, maybe that's because I am in my late 40's. Your thread title is an abject lie. You have no calculations; had you any worth presenting you would have. Mods should move this to the hoax forum.

I always appreciate honesty. Especially in the form you have presented.
I just feel bad about swinging the hammer like that. I always feel like I'll be judged.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join