It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man dies after exposure to molten phenol at NuFarm factory in Laverton North.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Explanation: This is so sad and tragic!

Man dies after exposure to molten phenol at NuFarm factory in Laverton North (by Matthew Schulz, Mark Buttler Sun May 19, 2011 11:50AM) [heraldsun.com.au]

UPDATE 3.35pm: A MAN has died from chemical exposure after a pipe carrying a toxic substance burst at a large factory in Melbourne's western suburbs.
Three workmates and a workplace nurse desperately tried to save the man in his mid-50s at the Nufarm farm chemicals factory in Laverton North, after he collapsed in decontamination shower and suffered a cardiac arrest.

Paramedics and MFB officers donned protective gear before they too unsuccessfully tried to revive the man.

It is understood the man was exposed to a fatal dose of molten phenol, a chemical used in the manufacturer of farm pesticides at the Pipe Rd plant.

Police said the man was working on an exterior pipeline when the pipe connection failed, spraying him with the toxic chemical about 11.15am.

Please refer to linked article for full story thank you!

Molten Phenol PDF [amsa.gov.au]

Personal Disclosure: OL is speechless
My deepest condolences to the family, workmates and friends of this man.

P.S. That this story is out I think is a good sign of open transparency. What do you think? Y or N?

edit on 19-5-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited buggy emoticon and to add the P.S.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Oh man.. That's terrible. Like.. Damn. I would hate to go out like that. The family will probably be set now though(not saying it justifies it).

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Explanation: Bumped to help generate ad revenue!

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 13 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
This is truly tragic. No comments, snarky or otherwise, about the pesticide industry - just true heartfelt condolences to this man's family. Maybe this will spark some change, though? One can hope, right?

top topics

join