It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Computers are Munitions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Hi folks, I am back with another interesting weaponry topic that is often overlooked. Your computer/laptop. Most people use computers to access the internet as a vital means of communications but its use is far beyond the internet.

A computer with a good wifi card and a satellite dish can be able to pick up wifi hotspots for miles on end. This is good for when you are driving and need to acess a wifi hotspot. Knowing more information than your enemy is the difference between life and death

Computer systems can also plan and organize multiple people and distribute vital information for a plan of action.

I have made a list of important software:
excel - track supplies
mapping - track assets
communications - instant messengers, ad hoc software tools, PGP secuirty, email security, VOIP
scanner - make your documents compact
Lots of USB drives - give and store info
external HD - make a digital library of your favorite topics

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Hi folks, I am back with another interesting weaponry topic that is often overlooked. Your computer/laptop. Most people use computers to access the internet as a vital means of communications but its use is far beyond the internet.

A computer with a good wifi card and a satellite dish can be able to pick up wifi hotspots for miles on end. This is good for when you are driving and need to acess a wifi hotspot. Knowing more information than your enemy is the difference between life and death

Computer systems can also plan and organize multiple people and distribute vital information for a plan of action.

I have made a list of important software:
excel - track supplies
mapping - track assets
communications - instant messengers, ad hoc software tools, PGP secuirty, email security, VOIP
scanner - make your documents compact
Lots of USB drives - give and store info
external HD - make a digital library of your favorite topics

Munitions in the military sense would mean ordinance or objects of lethal potentiality -- no?

Surely, computers are considered munition, very much like a hunter would consider his compass munitions.

That would fall under the definition number 2, noun

"material or equipment for carrying on any undertaking. "

Kind of a silly topic, but I get where you were trying to go with it...

Yes computers are dangerous, because they allow humans to network thoughts and store data in a much more compact, faster, and easier to organize way.

Welcome to the social club.

join