It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FYI: Anonymous planning massive UFO prank

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Anonymous is in the midst of planning a world wide prank, this time, targeting UFO enthusiasts and well…almost everyone else.

If you aren’t familiar with who Anonymous is, then let me quickly fill you in. Anonymous is the name of an online group of people that come from all walks of life and stand for social justice. Online or offline. This group of people are made up of ‘hacktivists’ and the curious. But besides the political aspect, they also do things for the “lulz”. Meaning that the group of talented anonymous users like to stage big elaborate pranks.

Operation UFO is one of their latest pranks. On May 22nd, 2011 at around 8:00 pm EST the operation is set to commence. The plan is simple, flood UFO websites with fake reports of  a triangular UFO. Then just sit back and watch the world go crazy. LOL.

Online hacker group Anonymous has sent out a call-to-arms for its latest prank: attempting to convince the world (or alien enthusiasts, more like) of the existence of men form outer space.

At 8pm on May 22, anyone in on the idea is encouraged to report the same UFO sighting (“a triangle of about 8 yellow lights in the sky”) to the relevant hotline or website of their choice. The idea is that the sudden influx of identical reports will convince UFO buffs that contact is finally about to be made.

Source:
www.ghosttheory.com...

Link to pic:
www.ghosttheory.com...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Have to say this just annoys me. This is a childish move by anonymous and I hope the ATS mods crackdown hard on this.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I understand that people are just having fun and think that this is harmless. I suppose it won't hurt anyone really.

However, having seen real and up-close ufos, I can say that it is a dramatic and life-changing experience! The very mention of the subject evokes strong emotions in myself and, I imagine, anyone else who has been a true witness. So these silly sort of pranks, and the way many skeptics treat the subject is just a little painful to watch.

I get it though, so I cannot judge. I was previously skeptical of their existence, and currently skeptical of many "sightings". Before my breakthrough experience, I would've thought it was pretty funny as well. Now I find it mostly frustrating.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
posted here and here and here and here

probably more, but I'm spent.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

My bad, I didn't see it

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

What are ATS mods supposed to do?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Looks like a cheap move to smear Anonymous.
Just the design made me suspicious on this.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I don't want the ufo phenomena to be further discredited by anons being dickheads. However at the same time I could give a # if anonymous is smeared. If I had to choose between the two, i'd rather it be anonymous taking a blow. There's funnier # to do than that. God damned newfags.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
If ANON do decide to do this they will basically eliminate ANY credibility or supporters they have, after all aren't they supposed to be fighting injustice and lies?

If they do this instead of actually helping then I'm sorry, but they will be nothing but a bunch of kids with too much time on their hands looking to start trouble
But then again ANON have no clear leadership and I wouldn't be at all surpised if its a psyop to keep the UFO truth seeking community nothing but a joke in the eyes of the world they are trying to make realise that they may not be alone in the universe.
Or if its some in the ANON fraternity that do not believe in the UFO.

Will ANON be pranking religeous believers after this?

If ANON do this then shame on them. for shame..

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

You don't understand "Anonymous" do you???

LULZ now lol later

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Please add your thoughts to one of the existing threads as linked to above.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join