It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient atom bombs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Believers maintain that in the distant past either extraterrestrials or a lost civilization like Atlantis detonated nuclear weapons, producing terrible devastation. This disaster was recorded, they say, in the Bible, Hindu scriptures, and world mythologies. Sodom and Gomorrah the biblical cities of sin felt the sting of nuclear weapons when “the Lord rained brimstone and fire on Sodom and Gomorrah, from the Lord out of the heavens” (Genesis 19:24-25).

The old Indian and Tibetan texts in particular that teem with science-fiction weapons. I am thinking of the divine lightning and ray weapons . . . and of the texts that seem to be referring to bacteriological weapons."

Source

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

edit on 19-5-2011 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title and added ex tags.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I would like to hope we will figure this out before blowing ourselves up again. It seems there are lost civilizations that have been obliterated and we still look for war and devastaion. Humanity will continue to destroy and rise until we can learn from our past.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Wow very interesting stuff! I don't believe this is the first time in human history that we've been at this point in technology. I think we've rebooted a couple times, but just cant seem to get it right. hehe.

S n F

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
It is a subject I have always wondered about. There are many abcient writings that describe such devestation and warfare. People normally fire back stating that there would be evidence of these civilisations. But, who can say as to what is hidden by the sands of the desert and under the oceans, yet to be found. Additionally, it does not take long for nature to wipe away the signs of mankind. Only those structures made of the stones of mother earth remain.

It is certainly a rromantic idea that we once possessed a grand civilisation that probably travelled the stars. Could be a warning for our future selves too.

Thank you for the thought provoking post.

S&F to you.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I saw this on Ancient Aliens it's pretty interesting stuff. It sure seems like Atom Bombs too but hopefully we'll learn from this. Doubt we will but who knows the past held and who knows what the future will hold.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The stories of the ancient vedas is one of my favorites. I do believe it talks about an 'unknown' history of mankind.

If true as we interpret it here, then what does it really mean? How could humanity advance so far in a single area alone. True, there is evidence of cultures around the globe, but not to the extent we ourselves have achieved today.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by sandesh

These skeletons are among the most radioactive ever found, on par with those at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. At one site, Soviet scholars found a skeleton which had a radioactive level 50 times greater than normal. Other cities have been found in northern India that show indications of explosions of great magnitude

Source. Please.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Well, look at the shape of an atom, lemme use nasa as an example...

do you think this might have been used as an ancient symbol for something else? mybe... just mybe.... weve always known about atoms.
edit on 19-5-2011 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

mybe this will ring your bell.

what are you missing?

lets take another look...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I don't think we had it back then......we really don't even have it now. Who is running government if not them? Technology is growing faster then they can keep up with controlling it and its getting out of hand. Its usually private sectors etc that own and operate nuclear facilities etc....oh yeah and even the Federal Reserve is considered private sector that way when we go pointing the finger no one is really in charge so nothing gets solved. The powers that be can't hide forever though, and people are getting tired of getting redirected when they get a little closer to the heat.
edit on 19-5-2011 by iLoGiCViZiOnS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 19-5-2011 by sandesh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by sandesh

I meant an original source.
And maybe you should review this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Failure to do so will get you a MANDATORY 3 DAY POST BAN on the first offense

jcolavito.tripod.com...
hubpages.com...
and so on.

See you in three days.
edit on 5/19/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join