It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A letter recieved 11 years late, postmarked 4 months before the address it was sent from was occupie

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Ok that was a totally awkward title, my apologies, but this is absolutely the most bizarre thing I have ever heard of first-hand, and I would really like to hear any ideas anyone might have on what happened or what it might mean.

Yesterday my nephew received a birthday card from his mom. The card was postmarked May of 2000. So it got here 11 years after it was sent. That is a little weird, but we've all heard stories of stuff like that happening. He called his mom to tell her about it, and she asked him if his address was correct. It was. Then she asked him if HER address was correct, and it was...which is the really bizarre thing.

Currently, my sister owns a house and lives alone. In May 2000 she lived at a different address miles away, with her boyfriend. The addresses are completely different (no chance of the numbers getting transposed or anything like that). So in May 2000, not only did my sis not live at her current address, she hadn't even decided to move or to buy a house.

Another family member suggested that she must remember wrongly when she bought the house, so she looked through her records and found all the paperwork to do with the house, and she did in fact buy it in OCTOBER of 2000.

So, 11 years late my nephew gets a card from her, sent BY her from her address---FIVE MONTHS BEFORE SHE LIVED THERE.

Ideas, anyone?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by riiver

The post office sorter was drunk or stoned and not only didn't have the right date on the stamp, they also misfiled the letter so it was sent to the wrong location, which because the address didn't exist in the area it was sent to, it was moved to a dead-mail box. It wasn't 'till it was reviewed years later while cleaning up that they realised that it had been mis-routed.

Just a theory which would support the facts.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Transatlantic time rift, like the Cardiff rift on doctor who. I'm 100% serious, the letter got transended in the keys of time. It was coming within the same month. Or it could be from a parallel. So in other words, his mother could've lived at the house in that time in a parallel universe and mailed the letter. In this world she didn't live there.

The letter got transversed in the sea of time and was mailed to him, if we believe Niburu you can believe this.

edit on 19-5-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by riiver

Did she actually send it 11 years ago? or did she send it recently ?
I know you mentioned he asked if the address was right. but its a little unclear as to when the mother actually ent it, not the post mark date.
if the mother said she sent it this May 2011 to his address, then its just a postmark error, it happens..
and was he at the same house he was at now that he was 11 years ago ?
so many questions...
could just be a simple mistake , or something from the twilight zone.

edit on 19-5-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
In the postmark, is the month in letters or numbers?

Does it say May XX 2000 or does it say 5-xx-2000? Very important. If it says 5-10-2000, it's not may but october (standard everywhere in the world except the US) day-month-year. Non-standard dating would explain it if, and only if, the post-mark says 5-10-2000

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ajmusicmedia

Does it say May XX 2000 or does it say 5-xx-2000? Very important. If it says 5-10-2000, it's not may but october (standard everywhere in the world except the US) day-month-year. Non-standard dating would explain it if, and only if, the post-mark says 5-10-2000

Could be non standard dating but the time still doesn't match up. My household uses non standard dating even though we live in the US. 11 years later ......come on.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by riiver

Was the son keanu reeves? Have the son or the mother watched a bad love love staring keanu reeves involving a mail box and a love from the future? And yes i was forced to watch that movie with my girlfriend I also wished for a time slip to before i bought the tickets or directly after the movie had ended.

edit on 19-5-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Only half the puzzle, but we once got a christmas card from my grandmother many many years late.
Somehow it had got lost underneath a sorting machine and it was only when they upgraded the machine to a new one that the lost letter was found.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack

Could be non standard dating but the time still doesn't match up. My household uses non standard dating even though we live in the US. 11 years later ......come on.

I'm not talking about the 11 years. It could have simply been lost. I'm talking only of the dating on the post mark.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sprocket2cog
reply to post by riiver

Did she actually send it 11 years ago? or did she send it recently ?
I know you mentioned he asked if the address was right. but its a little unclear as to when the mother actually ent it, not the post mark date.
if the mother said she sent it this May 2011 to his address, then its just a postmark error, it happens..
and was he at the same house he was at now that he was 11 years ago ?
so many questions...
could just be a simple mistake , or something from the twilight zone.

edit on 19-5-2011 by sprocket2cog because: (no reason given)

Sorry, I forgot to mention that. Yes, she actually did send it 11 years ago.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Hmmn. I don't know. I'll have to have her ask him. I never thought of that, thanks

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Oh, you never know strange *snip* goes down sometimes.
edit on 20-5-2011 by gallopinghordes because: please don't circumvent our censors.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by pcrobotwolf
reply to post by riiver

Was the son keanu reeves? Have the son or the mother watched a bad love love staring keanu reeves involving a mail box and a love from the future?

Rotfl. No to both of the above.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Thank you so much for the replies (I love Dr. Who, btw! Tickled me to see the reference to The Rift.) I'll definitely find out about the date format of the postmark and I would never have thought about that myself.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by riiver
I'll definitely find out about the date format of the postmark

Well, as a clue, you said it was a birthday card.
Presumably posted just a few days before that birthday date.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by riiver

Not to doubt your story -- it seems more likely there is some odd but reasonable explanation, than that you're making it up, to me -- but since it would be a sensational piece of physical evidence, can you provide any images of the envelope, card, and (this is stretching it, I know, but I have to ask) perhaps the date on the deed to your sister's house?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

I'm sure there must be a logical explanation. I still have to contact her and ask her about the format of the date on the envelope---if it is 5-10-2000 then mystery solved, as an above poster mentioned. However I'm fairly sure postal date format uses abbreviations for the month.

I don't know for sure (my sis lives across the state and I talk to her a couple times per week) but I think there actually is a photo of the envelope, that her son sent her in an email saying "what is THIS?" The house papers, I can find out about. But first I want to check out the date format since that is the most logical explanation.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by riiver

Was her address written in her hand or was it machine printed? Also, is the stamp an old one or current?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Is your nephew's birthday in may? October?
Does the card say anything like "happy (xx)th birthday, or just "happy birthday" without age?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by riiver

Hey, how about photos of the envelope?

2nd line

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join