It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LA Noir

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I just bought this game on the 360 and although I am not very far into it I am extremely impressed with how well done it is. The facial expressions and the way the interogation is set up is like nothing i have seen before. Has anyone else purchased this game and if so what do you think of it so far.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
No I haven't got it yet, I only seen the billboard for it today. What is it about? Is it like grand theft auto?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterAndrew

Im like 30 minutes in and like it so far...about to get back at it right now...did you notice the pyramid with the all seeing eye when you first start the game?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BDIDDY425

I said I don't have it, I asked what it is about and what it is like

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

You are a police officer in 1940's Los Angeles. You search for clues put the pieces together, interogate suspects, get into fights with suspects. The map is free roaming like GTA but in this game your the law not the crook lol. The interogation process so far is the best aspect in my opinion. You need to be able to tell if the person is lying or telling the truth and to do this you need to study the persons body to see what clues they give off as to if they are truthful or not. This was all done by actors who were playing a role so the actions of the suspects are very true to life. Other than that, thats all i have so far since i am not very far into it. Like i said i bought it for the 360 and it is 3 discs so i expect some long and intriguing game play.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterAndrew
No I haven't got it yet, I only seen the billboard for it today. What is it about? Is it like grand theft auto?

Not at all...its more serious but fun.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

Thanks guys, I will check it out.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
My roommate is playing right now as I type this. It's nice to hear older music playing while an old school police siren wails.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
getting it friday! have heard GREAT things! Cant wait!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979

You are a police officer in 1940's Los Angeles. You search for clues put the pieces together, interogate suspects, get into fights with suspects. The map is free roaming like GTA but in this game your the law not the crook lol. The interogation process so far is the best aspect in my opinion. You need to be able to tell if the person is lying or telling the truth and to do this you need to study the persons body to see what clues they give off as to if they are truthful or not. This was all done by actors who were playing a role so the actions of the suspects are very true to life. Other than that, thats all i have so far since i am not very far into it. Like i said i bought it for the 360 and it is 3 discs so i expect some long and intriguing game play.

3 Disc's, really? I haven't come across that on 360 yet (multiple disc's) last game I played that had that was FF7 with 4 discs.

I heard freeroam sections are timed or limited in some way, how does that work???

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I bought it 9am Tuesday and played about 6=7 hours of it. I'm on the 2nd desk.

The good:

The facial expressions, obviously.
The city and cars are pretty incredible looking.
The cases are interesting. Like TV shows.
Looking at the evidence is pretty cool.
So far the cases have been different. Different locations, weapons, people, etc.

The bad:

After like 10 cases it gets pretty repetitive. You drive to the scene, walk around, drive somewhere else, walk around, repeat, repeat, repeat.

You really can't do anything else in the world. You're always in a case. You don't have a chance to explore the city, and there's nothing you can do anyway except drive around.

Basically it's like a movie. Where you can kind of control the actor.

But it's a pretty badass movie.

Edit, more lol

It's like 8/10's cut scene, and 2/10 you controlling the person. Which is why it's like a movie.

And when you are in an action scene you have to follow what the game wants you to do. If it wants you to shoot the bad guy you will, and if it wants you to chase him you will chase him. You don't have any options.
edit on 5/19/11 by enjoies05 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Yeah i never came it across multi discs before this game either, it was pleasantly surprising. So far the free roaming is similar to the side quests that gta made popular. Basically as your driving around town a call on the police radio will come up and when you accept to respond to it the side quest starts. I have not come across any that were timed but that is not to say that they dont exist. Like i said earlier in the post i am very impressed with the game. it did start out kind of slow but after the first couple of police cases things began to get in depth and real fun. I hope you like it as much as me when you get it.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Because of the blu ray capacity the PS3 version is a singhle disk. i just made homicode division. i have a feeling there is a definite conspiracy at the heart of this game given the story behind all of the headlines you discover in the local papers you find....

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I have been playing the hell out the game so far. The only real things I can say bad about it, is that the clues are way too easy to find. I think it would be more challenging if there was no indicators telling you when you are standing by them. And the load times are frequent and kind of long.

The facial expressions are amazing. Some of the characters actually look real( example: the coroner) and Im to the point where the game is really starting to get interesting.

To the poster above who commented about the Pyramid with the eye on top, I noticed it too. Last night, when I was playing, the newspaper clip mentioned Secret Societies, so It will be interesting to see if that plays a part in the story.

And lastly, Has anyone else finished the Deidre Mueller case? I charged the husband because the evidence seemed overwhelming, but I also blew the interrogation with the child molester. I'm asking because I thought I got the right guy, but the case ended with the chief yelling at me and saying that it was an embarrassment. Was I supposed to lock up the child molester just to put him away? hmmm... I might go back and replay that one.
edit on 20-5-2011 by Cheesefacedogbone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Cheesefacedogbone

I have not looked but i have heard that in the options section you can turn off the clue indicators. And yes I have finished that case and did the same as you, I restarted and charged the molester and that was how it was supposed to go.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

cool. thanks a lot.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I beat the story part of the game last night, but I still have a lot of achievements to work on.

It's a good game overall. The first thing I would recommend is not worrying if you get anything "wrong" or if you botch anything. It seemed to me that it all worked itself out in the story anyway. So you get to just have a few different scenes. Just sit back and enjoy the story since you can replay the cases later.

The facial expressions were great, but with them being so great it made some of the animations seem a little weird. It was nothing that would hinder the game. There were times when it felt repetitive, but nothing like Dragon Age 2. I loved how the characters looked like the voice actors. It was like having John Noble in a playable movie.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tenpenny

I finished the story too, on Saturday. I probably will try to finish all the street crime, and other stuff, but for me the re-playability level is pretty low. I mean, you could play the cases again to get all the clues and the questions correct, but knowing the outcome kinda takes the fun out of it. There just isn't a whole lot to do when you are free-roaming around the city. Its a good game, but I'm contemplating trading it in.

new topics

top topics

join