It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting to know each other

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I am wondering if people would be comfortable sharing such info like how old you are, married, single, kids, occupation, goals for the future. I think it would be nice to get to actually learn more about people and realize that they are more than just words on a screen with cool avatars. I feel that if people knew some more about people then maybe it would not get as hostile in the threads as it seems to be around here. Also knowing peoples occupations may help give validity to what they say in the threads. I do know it is very easy to lie about what you do but i like to think that for the most part people are honest. I realize this is mainly what the introduction is for but it doesn't seem like people really get into this stuff. Mods feel free to close this thread if you believe it is in poor taste or that it would basically be the same as the intro forum. I will go first.

I am 31 years old have been married for 11 years and we have one handful of a child

I am a veteren of the US Air Force and was forced out by a medical discharge due to a severe shoulder injury that resulted in multiple surgeries and a reconstruction.

I am a paramedic and i am a full time student studying pre med and hopefully on to med school when i am done.
My wife is a stay at home mom (by her own choice) and we are contemplating home schooling for our daughter simply because the school system where i live is not very impressive to us.

I hope others are comfortable posting some info about themsleves and i look forward to learning and getting to know more people on here.
edit on 18-5-2011 by lcbjr1979 because: forgot a comma

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
hey,

I'm 26

I'm married to a beautiful girl of the same age.

15 Days apart actually...

She and I got married on August 13th 2010... A Friday 13th...
yep we planned it like that... cos we're... "odd and stuff" ha

No Kids.... but hopefully someday...

My occupation is, Deadbeat...haha

I work for myself... A Jack of all trades...

do whatever I can to earn money (legally of course)

We survive...

After 2012 I'm going to college...
don't wanna go sooner... cos if the world ends...
the time spent in college would be a total waste...

nahhhh just waiting for money and taking care of some things before I can go...

I write music and My wife and I have been working on an album together

We do it all ourselves...
It's mostly heavier melodic metal...

You can see me in this totally awesome video here
I transform into a demon

I hope one day to own a big house and raise a family out of it...

I live in a cramped trailer, at the moment...

I hope the "band" my wife and I started takes off one day, I hope we can do shows...
always been my one true dream... Music is my passion

I love blaming HAARP for everything I cannot explain...

cos let us be honest.... we all know....

actually it probably did...
edit on 5/19/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Very cool, thank you for sharing. When you go to college will you be looking to major in some kind of music related field or something else?
edit on 19-5-2011 by lcbjr1979 because: tyop

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

No problem,

You know what... I don't know 100%?!
I would go into music, I love it...
but I wouldnt find a job around here with it...
plus...

I don't mind a little Bluegrass music once in a while...

But Country and Bluegrass... thats the industry here... no offense to anyone who likes it...

but sitting in a studio all day listening to take after take of someone cutting a Country album would drive me mad... lol

I've thought about college for years... and I still don't know...
I'm gonna get my bare basics at first... and take it from there

I really would love to get into a history field...
cos its probably second to music...

So I might be a teacher?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Currently I work part-time as head of the IT department for a large industrial fastener company (you know: screws, nuts, bolts, etc.). I'm 60 now, and looking forward to retirement. When I was a youngster I was a Communications Technician in the Navy; that was 1968-1973. Neither a long nor a particularly brilliant career, but I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. I've held many jobs, but I won't burden anyone with that list here.

For what it's worth, I have nearly 30 years of experience in desktop publishing, page layout, prepress, etc., and I've more than a little experience with all the Adobe products (since even before most of them belonged to Adobe)--as well as a substantial list of other software. I say this for the benefit of the Birthers. I've looked at the BCs every which way, and I'm still not sure what to make of it all.

As we seem to be revealing marital status, I've never been married. But I love women and was taught from childhood to properly respect them. One of the few things I *almost* always get right.

What brought me to ATS was, oddly enough, research on various conspiracies. I think I first turned it up in a search on UFOs. I had my second UFO sighting in about 2004 and was just idly Googling and found ATS. At some point I developed an interest in 9/11. Anyway, I came here intermittently for years; then I lurked pretty regularly for a couple of years; and then I decided to join.

I haven’t yet initiated a thread of my own, but I have a couple of ideas and some preliminary research done. It’ll probably be on the absurdity of jumping blindly onto UFO/ET bandwagons, and who to believe and not believe--and how to know the difference--in the UFO/ET communities. Basic stuff for the gullible and inexperienced among us. There are those who evidently think that enthusiastically embracing anything and everything you want to believe is a prerequisite to being a useful conspiracy nut. Somebody has to be the adult here….

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
36, f, no kids, never married, 5'4", pale, dark hair, currently redecorating, usually employed in labor position.

edit....oh yeah.... I like black metal.
edit on 19-5-2011 by ChaosMagician because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

The first post is always the most important one.
I look forward to reading it. Do you have any plans after retierment?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaosMagician

Black metal, what is your favorite band?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979

too hard of a question.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

That sounds really good. Myself i absolutely love ancient history. I think if i was not interested in medicine and helping people that i would have majored in history with a focus on ancient, if such a program even exists.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosMagician

too hard of a question.

a little hard for sure.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Black Metal!!!

I love Dimmu Borgir...

"Kings of the Carnival Creation" was the first full length song I learned to play...
and at almost 8 minutes running time... it was a good one to start out with, lol!

Every time I play guitar, I got a certain set list of songs I jam out to...

Dimmu holds about an hour and a half of that time.... yeah i play for about 3 hours... strait

My second favorite Black metal band is "Old Man's Child"

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Hi, nice to know a little about you.

I came here because I wanted to see the conspiracy site my partner was always on.
I am 29 and he is 30, we have been together since we were 16 & 17 but we are not married.
I'm not the marriage type.Weddings are embarrassing, being the center of attention in a huge dress.

I started working again in a whole new industry in January.
I had been off work for a year because I had a son in February 2010,
his name is Eddie Rock and Roll (last name omitted).I also have a 3 year old girl called Scarlett.

Until 2009 I worked as a managing Optical Dispenser/Optical Assistant.
the most enjoyable activity I performed while there was the school screenings, I would go to primary schools and test kids for colour blindness and vision problems. Using the retinal camera was also fun, taking photos of patients' fundus.
I also cut and fitted lenses, and managed the shop.
Everything except conduct the main vision test and write out the spectacles prescription really.

In Jan this year I started as a manager at a hearing clinic.Iv'e gone from knowing everything about one facial organ to nothing about another.

I like weird things, if it's dark, twisted or obscure,deep or inane.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

reply to post by Ex_CT2

The first post is always the most important one.
I look forward to reading it. Do you have any plans after retierment?

Plans after retirement? Well, I was thinking of sleeping for about a week-and-half
. But I've been considering a small sewing-machine repair shop. Home-based. Affordable. Hard economic times for a lot of people--as I'm sure we've all noticed. Logically it would be computer repair, right? But no: It's never hardware anymore; it's always virus and trojan attacks. You can easily spend a week chasing down and cleaning up after viruses. And another 3 days on neglected maintenance and protection. It's stupid and illogical--never mind expensive--to spend a week (or more) working on a computer. It's a lot easier and cheaper to go buy a new one.

But that's a rant for another day....

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mumma in pyjamas

With a great name like eddie rock and roll there is no need for a last name
Me and my wife were not really the marrying type either, so to avoid the whole crazy church wedding we just went to the court house and made it official. Good luck in your new job, after you learn all there is about hearing then you only have 3 senses left to master

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

A home based business sounds like a great post retierment job. No boss to answer to and you can put as much or as little time into each day as you feel like. I hope it is very succesful for you.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Age – 18
Relationship status – Single
Children – None
Occupation – Student; McDonald’s part-time
Goals – Finish College; Get a car; Travel the country, possibly visit Western Europe; and eventually find a girl and settle down

I am about 6’5” tall, American with Hungarian ancestry, love politics, writing and history, love nature and hate urban areas, am politically conservative, enjoy funny TV shows like (Three Stooges, Looney Tunes, Family Guy, South Park and American Dad), am not too picky about movies but do not like horror, gore, or musicals, and listen to mostly old school rock and jazz.

That pretty much sums it up.
edit on 5/19/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'm 21, turning 22 in a couple of weeks.
I don't believe in marriage. I'm single with no kids. I don't have a job, but I have a job interview coming up.
I'd say making music would be a future goal. Whatever it is that I do, I'd prefer it be something I'm passionate about.

I'm half Potawatomi Indian, half caucasion.

Drugs are a big part of my life. Drinking also. I enjoy learning.

I love the blues, but really, I like every genre. I love music, period.

I'd also like to write an autobiography. My life has been journey.

edit on 19-5-2011 by AmrikazNightmar3 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join