It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Do You Miss the Most About Childhood? Stars for Answers...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I would have to say that I really do not miss to much from my child hood sad but true I said not to much I do miss my horses and farming and things of the such but things are just so much better now that I am married and on my own and live my life the way I want to. One more thing that I miss is the woods that I had to run threw when I was allowed to.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
This question made me ponder and recall a time I've pushed back to not remember. Bitter sweet, mostly bitter. I didn't really have a good childhood, but I guess it could have been worse. So, I'm not surprised to say that I don't miss things about it. I have a pleasant life now, that I greatly enjoy. Less worries for me now as an adult, believe it or not. Like a breath of fresh air after being stuck in a stuffy old room with barely any air to breath

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I miss being 10 years old. I miss being not afraid of anything.....I had good friends....and....was very active....interested in life with no fear. Open to life and happy...a lot of rainbows in my soul.....the blessings of innocence. I didn't know about evil then..........

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by lllNixielll
This question made me ponder and recall a time I've pushed back to not remember. Bitter sweet, mostly bitter. I didn't really have a good childhood, but I guess it could have been worse. So, I'm not surprised to say that I don't miss things about it. I have a pleasant life now, that I greatly enjoy. Less worries for me now as an adult, believe it or not. Like a breath of fresh air after being stuck in a stuffy old room with barely any air to breath

That is the same way as I feel I do know what you mean and it is strange for us to be able to say that we enjoy our lives better now then as a kid. It is sad that people grows up up and we really do not have a fond memories of our child hood life. Peace Be with you sweetie and know that there are others there that shares the same out on things such as this one.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'm 26...
I miss having a limitless imagination.
And being able to create an epic game out of trees and butter knives

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I miss the warmth I felt.
looking up to your peers..
no worries,bills,money,weekly grind.
most of all I hate that sum sick twisted perv took my childhood an inocense away.
that is all.
oh an being free as a bird b4 the shtf in my childhood.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Excellent answers everyone!

haha... kinda depressing really...
we give up our childhood/kid world and transform into the adulthood
There was so much that we took for granted

But now i'm also interested in...

What Do You Love About Being An Adult? Stars For Answers!

As promised stars been gave out up until this post...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Found this through your other thread and thought I would answer this as well.

What do I miss most about my childhood?

I miss living with my parents and seeing my sister everyday. I miss the feeling summer break had when I was in school. I miss believing that the good guys always win. I miss both my dogs, who are now passed away. I miss playing in the grass and having no cares. I miss how good mountain dew used to taste.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I miss the fact that when I said crazy stuff as child everyone thought it was charming. When I say these things now, everyone thinks I'm a lunatic.

I miss to have no responsibility.

I miss wondering off in the woods exploring paths I've never walked before. (I know that I can do these things now, but it seems weird)

I miss going in to my grandmas pantry and steeling cookies.

And yes, I do miss the innocence!

Thank you very much for a good thread, It brought back many good memories.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Time seemed to travel slower.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I miss being untainted by the world, and the contentment of being blissfully ignorant and carefree.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
i miss playing stickball in the vacant lot with broken glass, and rubbing dirt on my skinned knees....

I miss our rickety club house in the old oak tree..

I miss playing head light tag and having to come home when the streetlights came on...

ahh the good old days...

~meathead

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I miss:

The experience of an Ice Cream truck (the smell of the diesel, the cold treat on a hot day, the challenge of eating it before it melted)

Saturday morning cartoons and After school cartoons (Bugs Bunny, Scooby Doo, Laugh-a-lympics, Kroft Superstars, Robotech, Thundercats, etc.)

Riding my bike with friends as we set off in search of some (imaginary) adventure.

Climbing over the compound wall and interacting with the bedouins in Saudi Arabia (well, after we made friends, the first trip over...not so much)....

Sneaking out of the compound in Alaska and climbing cliffs, sledding in those suicidal saucers, and watching Kodiak cubs....

Disneyworld (as a kid....when you didn't have to worry about how much this was all costing)

Good music. (I was a kid in the 70's and 80's)

Home-cooked meals. (mom was a stay at home wife...something almost unheard of now).

Playing games with all of my friends in our yard, which just so happened to have trees spaced conveniently as first, second, and third base (porch was home).

Little League baseball.

Roaming around London with my little brother. I still, to this day, cannot fathom how or why my parents decided that a 6th grader was old enough to be out with his younger brother, alone in London, but oh well. I mean, we didn't go far, but wow, what a feeling of independence for a couple of hours.

Seeing the red light district in Amsterdam, then realizing years later why those women were in the windows. I'm still pretty sure that Dad would have spotted me the money. (had I been old enough).

The black gravel beaches in Alaska, where lots of glass "gems" (pieces of colored glass worn smooth on all edges in the ocean) would wash up...and finding blue ones.

Scrounging for change to buy candy at the local convenience store, from those buckets of loose candy on the bottom shelf (don't see these any more)...where each item was like a nickel or a dime each.

Playing Truth or Dare with the neighborhood girls

Going down the zipline from my friend's treehouse into a mattress at the base of the tree at the end of it.

So many fond memories....

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

What I miss about being a kid:
1) not having to work
2) not having to pay bills
3) no worries other than what shoes to wear with what outfit (high school)
4) my allowance
5) someone cooking, cleaning and doing my laundry
6) laying in the grass looking at the sky making shapes out of the clouds
7) the tooth fairy
8) santa claus
9) the easter bunny
10) dressing up on halloween
11) my grandparents
12) dr seuss books
13) 45 rpm records
14) my mom taking care of me when I was sick
and last but not least: