It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harper names defeated Tories to the Senate

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

"but I'm calling a spade a spade." ok then i'm calling GAMBIT

edit on 21-5-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Are you talking about Preston Manning?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It's pretty clear that Harper knew he was going against the will of the people, since he sent out a press release right after talking to the media. Not only is he a hypocrite, he is a coward. And like Intrepid, I voted for Harper once.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Fabian Manning one of the senators,, u mean u didn't even know there names?? ohh it was a joke

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Sorry, poor syntax on my part. I meant that I voted for Trudeau once and against him once. For Joe Clark.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
Fabian Manning one of the senators,, u mean u didn't even know there names?? ohh it was a joke

After your last post I had NO idea what YOU meant. If you like this, enjoy the ride. Harper has 4 years, then he's done. Unless he surprises and has a vision for Canada. That goes against his track record though.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Ok, ever since the AVRO arrow deal i said never conservative, never, so i've always been swayed too the lib. side FEDERALLY, i was in ontario during the Davis years,,
So in the spirit of liberal greatness which somehow has slipped too complete rock bottom, i think it's time once again for the lib. party to find three wise men.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Oh, the shame! I just outed myself! But I only voted for him once, I promise!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Have no fear.

I was raised conservative. And, I can tell you right now, that unless the Conservatives get their heads out of their collective arses, I am done with them.

They talk a good game, but actions just speak to loudly.

Edit to add:
The use of small "c" and big "C" was intentional.
edit on 21-5-2011 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
i think it's time once again for the lib. party to find three wise men.

There's only one. If you can't see the Prince being brought up, just check out Maclean's, you're missing the boat. Do you know who?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I pray you aren't talking Trudeau Jr.

Lib's are dead if he get's brought in.

They need to bring in people of merit, not people of name.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

This Conservative party is not the conservatives of Canadian history. They are the amalgamation of the defunct Progressive Conservative party along with the Alliance and the Reform parties. Basically the Bloc of the west.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Shame I can only dish out 1 star.

Can I use this description?

That is one of the best ones I have seen yet for the modern Conservatives.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I too am stealing that description.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
I pray you aren't talking Trudeau Jr.

Yes I am. He's even taken his own party on and won. He's the Lib in Waiting. He's not part of his father's party, too young. Wait and see. I'm not saying it's right, I'm just saying that's what's going to happen.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I can only promise to judge him based on his actions.

I can't say the same for many of the people out west. They will be judge, jury, and executioner (if they could) for the actions of his father.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

They should humbly ask his freeking forgiveness if he were too walk into the room ,and i mean Pierre,, are you senile? , Trudeu said "listen if you dont ALL fall under the FEDERAL UMBRELLA your history"
,the corporations will devour you like lambs at a slaughter, and well he was visionary wasn't he.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I would encourage you to tell that to the people that lost their livelihoods, their homes, and some even their lives to his policies, but that would probably get you sent to the hospital.

There was much better, to many magnitudes, ways for him to do what he did.

But his arrogance and his ego got in the way (this applies to 'Red Ed' aswell).

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by peck420

I agree, and then they sell Petro Canada ??? it was bought with canadian blood, and on the oil subject CANADA as the SECOND largest oil giver too USA, how many canadians u see walking around like our good friends the saudi's who by the way kicked us out of their country and closed , well don't get me started, over air routes?? really,, gepardized our canadian military over air routes? ,, see i cant help it,, my point being WHERE's THE MONEY, you know like that old beef commercial,, ya me and politics, not good mix, sorry for rambling.

Of course me being from Cape Breton and all and by the way if radiation and weather got you down, Cape Breton beautifull, lots of cheap land
anyway, we could use some of that MONEY for our harbour dreddging, don't got it? i see. how about daycare workers pensions , let alone salary, dont have it? i see, how about new industry other than call centres that eat tax incentives, then move on too the next frenzy, reminds me of locusts,, and the flooding out in Manitoba,, now MONEY? i see, ok how about the 14billion that chrysler is paying back this week? "may i have some meat please"?
edit on 21-5-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by bronco73

He should have left them empty until reform was passed. As I said in my OP, it was bad when the Liberals did this, but Harper promised, again and again, that this would not happen. He broke his promise right after the election?

He's playing the game that the opposition wanted. It was the opposition that voted down the senate reforms when the Conservatives introduced the bills in the HOC, and it was the (then) Liberal dominated senate that vetoed the senate reforms that made it past the house. None of the others wanted reform, so Harper played by their own rules and appointed them, you can't blame him for that. Re-appointing senators that relinquished their seats was the one thing Harper did that deserves condemnation. I noticed that nobody mentioned the fact that he is the only PM to have appointed a democratically elected senator, Bert Brown from Alberta.

He has a majority now, and you WILL see senate reform before this term is up, regardless of whether the other parties or senate want it. Bank on it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join