It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13...now 14 Threads on the President of the United State's birth certificate!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Enough is enough already, a lot of people come to this forum to catch some political news and all that is on here is spam about a birth certificate. You all do know that the election season has started right? Speaking of which...are any of Obama's opponents going to use this issue even? I haven't heard of any potential candidates bringing it up except Ron Paul who isn't going to touch it apparently. Does this tell you anything?

As much as I truly despise this whole birther thing, I support freedom of speech and respect people's right to express their opinions even if they differ from mine. So, I'm wondering if there can be just one thread, maybe a stickied one that people can discuss all aspects of this issue on?
edit on 18-5-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
The Birth Certificate he produced was a fraud. If it was real why did he wait so long to show it?

Still no explanation on how he got a Connecticut Social Security Number.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

That has nothing to do with my OP...

+1 more 
posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Carseller4

That has nothing to do with my OP...

But it should answer your question.

The birthers are rabid. They will denounce any evidence presented, fill up thread after thread with the same debunked claims, and generally bog down any attempt at political discourse with their nonsense.

It's all one big joke, and I'm beginning to think it was intentional to distract the rabble from discussing any real issues.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Is that all??
I would have thought there would have been at least double that many!!! Thanks for creating a new one!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I'd like to see a new forum area created for the birth certificate voodoo and then all of the threads moved there. Then the birthers and truthers can have at each other.

/TOA

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

How are you not on time-out or whatever? You had 4 one-liners (technically 5) in a row in THIS THREAD and looks like one already in here.

On-topic: Still think he is being set-up for a backlash similar to the picture in the Illuminati card game.
edit on 18-5-2011 by AlexKintner because: on-topic

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexKintner

That's hilarious coming from someone posting off-topic. I'm basically asking if there can be ONE BC thread...is it a difficult question?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Yep, that many threads...AND there are still quite a bit of individuals who cannot accept the evidence that the document is a forgery. There is evidence that supports and explains where the original, unedited certificate came from, exactly how it was manipulated to look as it does currently, and how it was saved before posted to the WH website.

Then the WH actually took the file off their server, only to replace it with a much lower resolution image, which makes it more difficult to zoom and see the inconsistencies that are present throughout the form. Seriously, if you still believe this is real, do some research. Some of the BC threads present valid evidence, while some not so much.

I suggest you read the accounts of technical experts, who technically explain their analysis and results. That is if you have enough experience in the addressed fields to understand what they are talking about. I have a technical background, trained by the USAF, and this is the eighth thread where I will assure you that my personal analysis says the document is a forgery, although based on a real certificate.

The only areas that I am not comfortable with that must be taken into account when analyzing this document are type/typeset, although I can tell the difference between digitally manipulated text and text handwritten in ink.

In the BC, the ink on the page is obvious because the lines and pen-strokes are not solid. This is due to things such as variable pressure, etc...When they created the fake text to replace some of the text on the certificate that was used in the forgery, they did it digitally...so if you zoom in on the lettering, many of the letters look like they were done in MSpaint, lol. Not the quality but just the look. Those characters look that way because they were created digitally, and not handwritten in INK. And that's not even the most damning evidence against the document being real.

Geez guys...It is fake, accept it already.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

You should...
Make a thread on it

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

This thread should be in the "rant" forum..

It's not really about politics..
It's just a whinge about too many threads while actually adding to the count..

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

It is about politics. It's about the politics that aren't being discussed because the front page of this forum is clogged with BC threads, of course ya, mine adds one more...but I'm asking a question:

Can we have one sticky thread?

Did half of you not read the whole OP? Shocking.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I had actually asked, in the forum questions sections, what it would take to get a hoax conspiracy into the hoax bin. From what I gathered from the answers, a legal state department document would warrant an examination by forum staff as to whether or not the hoax, in general, was indeed a hoax.

1. People insist he is not born in the USA.
  2. They site various reasons like his father's birth.
  3. None of the reasons for suspicions are enough to disqualify a person for office.
  4. The legal state department of Hawaii provided PROOF.

If this were any other hoax theory, it would have been trashed by now. I'm not going to request this because I personally don't want to be the person to crush somebody's treasured pet conspiracies but I figured I'd throw it out there. Really, I'm just curious if it's not considered a hoax just because of the popularity or because they keep escaping "hoax" status by fabricating new versions of the conspiracy each time Obama provides more proof.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

reply to post by backinblack

It is about politics. It's about the politics that aren't being discussed because the front page of this forum is clogged with BC threads, of course ya, mine adds one more...but I'm asking a question:

Can we have one sticky thread?

Did half of you not read the whole OP? Shocking.

The bolded section supports the idea that this content that should be in the rant section as it shows an opinion which it seems to bother you. Politics have nothing to do with a way a forum is set up and especially has nothing to do with the way you see the forums in your eyes.

edit on 18-5-2011 by Anttyk47 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I started a thread about this earlier, of course it didn't get rave revues, but this doesn't seem to end, and many dont want it to end. Distraction is very big these days.

Numbers Don't Lie. Stats Added.www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace, NRE.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Maybe refresh your thread before responding to a comment and you'd notice my edit was in there before you wasted more peoples time just to bump your thread (etiquette to other ATS users). Enough is enough yet you make another thread on it instead of maybe messaging a mod or looking for news that suits you elsewhere.

It would not work. The thread would be too cluttered and move too fast. Now a BC forum that hosts multiple threads I could see.

Is your problem that it is cluttered or that you are annoyed that theorists are still investigating an issue you think should be dead?

Also, 'search' feature. I swear nearly this same thread was created last night. EDIT: Or maybe earlier today (see post above mine).

edit on 18-5-2011 by AlexKintner because: correction

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
no one is making you read any threads

you do so at your own volition

pretty much as tv watch the channels you want to and dont watch the ones you dont want to

pretty simple.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I've noticed that this happens a lot with whatever is the craze at the moment. It's like SPAM city and I HATE IT!!! It's crap like this that has made ATS go down the crapper!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Enough is enough already, a lot of people come to this forum to catch some political news and all that is on here is spam about a birth certificate. You all do know that the election season has started right? Speaking of which...are any of Obama's opponents going to use this issue even? I haven't heard of any potential candidates bringing it up except Ron Paul who isn't going to touch it apparently. Does this tell you anything?

As much as I truly despise this whole birther thing, I support freedom of speech and respect people's right to express their opinions even if they differ from mine. So, I'm wondering if there can be just one thread, maybe a stickied one that people can discuss all aspects of this issue on?
edit on 18-5-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

so you suppose that an issue that is apparently bringing up 13 to 14 threads be consolidated into one mega -thread? One that would inevitably be so high traffic that anything you respond to will be 3 pages back in the thread by the time it gets posted?

One like the Yellowstone thread of 600 pages of 300 different aspects of the "issue" all being talked about in one thread? Add in the side trolling and personal attacks mixed in with the off-topic smart-arsery some self proclaimed comedians litter any productive thread with?

hmm...

also are you implying that because none of the competition against Obama is bringing up the BC issue that must definitely mean its a BS BC issue?

This is what I don't get and this goes for the entirety of this ATS forum/site whatever...

If there is 13 to 14 threads about something it doesn't = mass hysteria. We do not all have the same perspective on issues so obviously 13 to 14 threads on one subject means there is something obviously very interesting or entertaining fueling that...not letting the "nature" of the conversation takes its course would be a form of censorship.

If it truly was all BS do you really....I MEAN REALLY think that it would be sustaining 13 to 14 threads of obvious contention and interest?

With all the mind tripping threads ones sees a day on ATS about life ending comets and reptilian overlords that live in a hollow earth that worship a satanic deity and retreat to the redwoods to sacrifice god knows what to a stone owl statue and plot world domination by flying holographic UFO HAARP nuclear air planes into towers, that DIE horrible thread deaths within a day....you would think that the forums naturally flow with what is of significance and what is not....

I haven't seen 13 to 14 threads on the above scenario....so maybe just maybe there is some meat and potatoes to the Obama BC discussion?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
But back on topic....

Could we have just one sticky thread?

Oh, wait. I like this even better:

Originally posted by AlexKintner
reply to post by Kali74

Maybe refresh your thread before responding to a comment and you'd notice my edit was in there before you wasted more peoples time just to bump your thread (etiquette to other ATS users). Enough is enough yet you make another thread on it instead of maybe messaging a mod or looking for news that suits you elsewhere.

It would not work. The thread would be too cluttered and move too fast. Now a BC forum that hosts multiple threads I could see.

Is your problem that it is cluttered or that you are annoyed that theorists are still investigating an issue you think should be dead?

Also, 'search' feature. I swear nearly this same thread was created last night. EDIT: Or maybe earlier today (see post above mine).

edit on 18-5-2011 by AlexKintner because: correction

Yeah, I think it's about time to give it a forum of its own. Someday maybe it'll die of old age and can be removed--but I don't think it's gonna be soon....
edit on 5/18/2011 by Ex_CT2 because:

<<   2  3  4 >>

join