It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SCI/TECH: Virus Posing as Berg Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Watch out another virus is waiting to strike, this time disguised as a Berg video, claiming that he is alive and well in Iraq. Tempting titles recently were an Osama is dead, along with a fake suicide note from Gov. Schwarzenegger. Be sure to update your virus programs and protect yourself from these potential attacks.

news.bbc.co.uk
A virus purporting to show video of Nick Berg alive has been released on the internet, warn security experts.

The virus is in a message post to tens of thousands of newsgroups, said anti-virus firm Sophos.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Also, make sure to keep your guard up when viewing emails, do not open any that look suspicious, in addition to viruses, scammers are sending emails in the guise of being sties which you may use.

Personally, last week I received a letter appearing to be from eBay customer support requesting confidential information. The entire email looked legit if I didn't pay attention to the url listed.
I forwarded the email to eBay, and they identified it as a scam to gather private info in order to steal my identity, and drain my bank accounts. They also sent the email to authorities who handle this type of criminal activity.

Related News Links:

Hackarmy sinks to new low with kidnap hoax
news.bbc.co.uk

[edit on 8/3/04 by JacKatMtn]

new topics

join