It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists in Action/Phone Call Ignored.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I think this may qualify for a Terrorist related discussion.
We are on yellow/orange alert. We are supposed to
be watchful. So ... what if you see something and
the calls you make get ignored? Check this out ....

I got a phone call and email from my mother today.
She is elderly and lives in Connecticut. The news
there (WFSB TV3 out of Hartford CT) is carrying a
story that will knock your socks off. They have
rebroadcast the story three or four times and they
are really worked up about it. (good!)

Mom's email says that this story was broadcast on
the 6 O'Clock news. Then rebrodcasted at 11 and
again this a.m. at 7.....

A fellow named Mike, who's 36 years old, from Vernon Ct.
Works in upper New Jersey/NYC. The area of the terror
alerts. He was traveling the Cross Bronx Express
and he went on the lower level of the George Washington
Bridge. He observed three middle eastern looking men
in a car on the underside of the George Washington
Bridge videotaping the bridge from the bottom level.
Each time his truck got close to the car, the men would
lower the camera thinking it was out of his sight. It
wasn't because he was high up in a truck.

He called 911, FBI , Police, Homeland Security,
and no one did anything. The 911 people said it wasn't
their jurisdiction. 'Mike' didn't get off the road at
his exit. He followed the car down into New Jersey
on the Jersey Turnpike and continued to make
calls trying to get someone to stop the car.
He got no help and then he lost the car in the
traffic.

Channel 3 got involved, ran the story, and
they are all very angry and want action. GOOD! They are
calling all the usual places in government - FBI, Police,
Homeland Security. As of this a.m., none of these
places have called Ch. 3 back. Now Ch. 3 has added
the White House to the list of places they are trying
to get answeres from. They (Ch.3) will do an
update tonight .

I told her to email the info to FOX news, Newsmax.com, and
WorldNetDaily. I just hope someone picks up on this and
runs with it nationally, not just WFSB in Connecticut.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
OH NO! PEOPLE WITH VIDEO CAMERAS! AND THEY WERE FOREIGN! THEY MUST BE TERRORISTS!

Please note that this is what is commonly known as sarcasm.

[edit on 3/8/2004 by Eddie999]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   
They probably are terrorists.

And the govornment will ignore this warning, just like they ignored many other warnings pre 9/11 because they WANT something to happen so they can use it as an excuse to clamp down with Martial law.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eddie999
OH NO! PEOPLE WITH VIDEO CAMERAS! AND THEY WERE FOREIGN! THEY MUST BE TERRORISTS!

That's missing the point. Whether these particular individuals were terrorists planning an attack on the bridge orjust innocent tourists is immaterial.

The important part of this story is that nearly three years after 9/11, the infrastructure is still not there for someone who observes something suspicious to let the proper people know so they can evaluate it. Lets assume that all these people he was calling - 9-11, the FBI, Police, whatever office of Homeland Security he got to - weren't the right person to talk to. They sould all have known who was. Any one of them should have forwarded his call to the right person.

I've seen politicians and Homland Security officials say we should all keep our eyes open - well what's the point in that if no one takes the call when we do?

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
point taken x_y_no. The US government wants another terror attack to occur anyway, they will carry out another 9/11 themselves if one doesn't. They want another terror attack so that they can accelerate America's transformation into an Orwellian police state and also so more wars against oil-rich nations can be justified.

I predict an attack in October.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
www.wfsb.com...

I found a link to the story my mother is talking about.
Here are more details. It's frightening to think that
someone wanted to call in information that needed
a quick response, and no one was there to check
it out.

Terrorists or not. That isn't the point.
The point is ... there was no one there to respond
when someone saw something that needed
checking.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by x_y_no

The important part of this story is that nearly three years after 9/11, the infrastructure is still not there for someone who observes something suspicious to let the proper people know so they can evaluate it

Exactly!! Terrorists or not there was NO RESPONSE. We are at yellow/orange alert and we are told to be watchful. So, who are
we to report to if there is no one at the other end of the phone to
dispatch first responders in a timely manner. AND This is NYC for
crying out loud! You'd think of all places NYC would have gotten
on the ball!

Considering we are in a world war, you'd think this would have
been taken care of. This is outrageous!

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   

OH NO! PEOPLE WITH VIDEO CAMERAS!
AND THEY WERE FOREIGN!
THEY MUST BE TERRORISTS!

Middle Eastern Men ... acting suspicious ... videotaping
strange parts of landmarks in NYC that have high
people volume and are high target risks ... during
a world war and at a time that we are on heightened
alert.

Yep. Could be.
Point is, we will never know.
The system failed.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Attention everyone. 9/11 wa carried out by the US government and the CIA. The only terror group you should be worrying about is Al-CIAda. This is the truth.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Actually, eddy, 9/11 was carried out by Al Qaeda, who were trained and equipped by the CIA, who never let them out of thier reach.

The govornment knew they were gonna hit, and the US govornment did everything it could to make sure they carried out thier plans with little harassment or barrier.

Thats why they are ignoring threats like this. They know another one is in the works, and they want it to happen.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Well Skadi I still think the US gov. had a direct role in the attacks as the jet fuel burning could not have caused the steel shell of the WTC to melt and collapse. Some theorists have suggested explosives were planted inside the building, and that sounds probable.

I completely agree with you that the US gov. wants another attack though. Sadists like Bush would love it.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Groupies:

What constitutes "Middle Eastern-Looking Men" I wonder??

Let me see.....Adult Men with black hair, beards and tanned skin with "prominant" probusci? ? I suppose that description would fit half of the men in Eretz Israel....or Latin America for that reason !

Perhaps these "Arabic cameramen" could they have been Mossad Agent (Arabic-looking,"Semitic" type) "Safardi" Jews like the 5 Laughing and Dancing Mossad Agent Cameramen who were arrested near the WTC on 9-11, having set up their high speed COLOUR cameras on TRIPODS AN HOUR BEFORE the attacks?

Could YOU play "spot the Arab" from a moving vehicle?

The FBI let these 5 Dancing Mossad Cameramen go as well---without too much time spent shall we say behind bars before being wafted back to the motherland of Eretz Yisra'el.

And where was the larger US Press, pray tell?

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeus
Perhaps these "Arabic cameramen" could they have been Mossad Agent (Arabic-looking,"Semitic" type) "Safardi" Jews like the 5 Laughing and Dancing Mossad Agent Cameramen who were arrested near the WTC on 9-11, having set up their high speed COLOUR cameras on TRIPODS AN HOUR BEFORE the attacks?

And where was the larger US Press, pray tell?

Could be. That's a good point. But the big thing here is ... where are the first responders and, like you said, where are the press. Why does WFSB, a small TV station in a small state, have to carry the weight of this thing. I hope this gets VERY big. I sent the info to the major news networks, but the more of us who do that, the greater likely hood that something will be done about it.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
If there are still terrorists out there that feel they have something to prove than let them come. As well like said before

OH NO! PEOPLE WITH VIDEO CAMERAS!
AND THEY WERE FOREIGN!
THEY MUST BE TERRORISTS

Well, they could be or they couldnt be. But what do you think they could do with that kinda information. Maybe they work for a terrorist organization and they are takeing film of busy areas and seeing how much damage they will be able to inflict by bombing certain areas. This could have been just one of the many times this has happend at other places. And for the governement not answering the call. WTF I mean it has been so big of a deal to them that the terrorists are caught and brought to justice, so why are they makeing no effort to catching them. Obiously like stated by others, the USA must really want a terrorist attack. Personally I would be very dissapointed by this.

During 9/11 I was on a vacation to Vancouver, BC and you know what it was a good vacation. Until... when we had to leave all the planes were cancelled because of the 9/11 attacks. Sure, i got an extended vacation but if you ask me i dont wanna have to deal with the same thing twice. If the USA is trying to use this as an excuse to get oil from the middle east all i can say is
them.

A terrorist attack shouldnt be used as a cover up or for publicity, this could be more serioius than we are leading on to. If there is any way we should try and get our opinions out in the world other than just on this board. I know there are already countless people out there but why not join in.

At least there not as bad as Calgary

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Attention everyone. 9/11 wa carried out by the US government and the CIA. The only terror group you should be worrying about is Al-CIAda. This is the truth.

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof" - and I have seen little to sustain this charge.

If anything, I think it's rather arrogant to think that this could not have been organized independently of American influence.

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
ya know guys...
their is this possibility.....I don't believe it, but still

they could have taken the informations, and they are tracking the guys...seeing where they go, who they are meeting up with, ect. that would make more sense that stopping the car and confiscating the camara, I mean, what are they going to do? Is it illegal to take pictures of bridges and tunnels?

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
Is it illegal to take pictures of bridges and tunnels?

I hope you are right about the tracking thing. I sounds like
the guy got the brush off though.

Is it illegal to take pictures of bridges and tunnels?
Nope. However, I think there ARE signs posted at
the beginning of the GWB that says pictures and
videos can't be taken of the toll booth/security areas.

Also - why would anyone want to take movies of the
underside and steel work of the GWB? I can see if they
are engineers doing a school project. But it's summer,
and school is out. Movies of tunnels? What purpose
could that be?

Pictures of bridges from a distance are artistic and
delightful. Especially night pictures of them lit up
with the city lights. But this was of structural
supports and materials on the lower level of the bridge.

Nope. It smells fishy. If someone had responded
to the phone call, we would know more .... terrorists, or
Israeli SS, or tourists ... but no one responded. It
was brushed off.

I hope you are right about the tracking thing.
But from reading the story and what was on the
WFSB news cast .... it doesn't sound like it.

(Nice thought though)

[edit on 8/3/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Downstar makes an excellent point. They ( the government) may have had agents in the area. They identified the people-good camera/video and the truck they were driving. They could then follow them and see who they call, meet, where they live.... I am hoping this is the case, that is they wanted to gain info and not let on that they were being watched. Furthermore, it would be to the benifit of our agents to have these (men) think that no one is watching them, so they might become more bold/stupid and allow us to know when they do something so we can resolve it on the spot. This nwould be the best possible answer, but then again I believe in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny too--GET IT!

new topics

top topics

join