It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation: How Do I Get There

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
If you have trouble relaxing or are constantly chattering with yourself about whether you're relaxed enough yet or doing it right, maybe download some guided meditations. Many of them use hemi-sync kinds of technology, or nature sounds, and having very relaxing voices guide you through relaxation, visualizations and things like that.

Some free guided meditation collections you can find online (or that I can send you if you want) are by Paul Scheele, Solara An-Ra, then there's the Meditation Station website, Meditation Oasis, Wynyfryd's Meditation Room. There are lots of them out there and they come in all flavors, from being completely non-denominational in any way (like Paul Scheele) having a Pagan twist (like Wynyfryd's Meditation Room, or the Witch's Grotto meditations) or even extraterrestrial (like Solara An-Ra's, which are powerful meditations either way). Then there are Buddhist guided meditations out there, Christian ones, you name. These will start to give you a sense for what you are trying to accomplish on your own, when you aren't following someone else's program guide anymore.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

stonebutterfly,

when i first started meditating. i would sit half lotus on a pillow, i struggle with full lotus due to a hip injury. I started by sitting 15 min a day religiously in the beginning whenever i could find a chance. the time period would increase as the days went on along with the frequency. as the day would go on and i would be stress or worried, i would remember how peaceful i am while sitting, and would do it more and more.I then learned of the Buddha's walking meditation. I learned my own form of driving meditation by driving 140000 miles in two years. the point being , that you will through practice, be able to meditate during all your waking moments if you desire.

I personally mediate by focusing on my breath, that is the only thing that matters.That is life and time enrolled in one. In insight meditation-as others mentioned you notice your conscious memories, thoughts,and feelings.let them arise,acknowledge them, and let them go.the more you do this the less you will eventually be bothered by them because they will be addressed and let go. you may start crying or laughing,pay attention to the cause, experience it fully, then let it go.
once you are familiar with your meditative state maybe work with a mantra. I use "om mani padme hum"(translates roughly Jewel in the lotus, the Buddha said that anyone who recites this mantra will gain enlightenment with his direct help, if they are sincere in their efforts. with the use of this mantra, i have learned some important things. This particular mantra works within your breath perfectly, find your own rhythm. the mantra focuses your mind.if you are breathing and reciting a mantra you have no time to entertain other thoughts. if you do, go back to the mantra. Also my favorite part, the mantra becomes linked with your enlightened meditative mind, therefore within seconds of saying my 1st om mani, i am in theta waves.
Briefly let me point out a technique which i learned on my own. Concentrate on the pause in between your breathe. This is the point where you are neither inhaling nor exhaling. it is the moment of true absorption, this is where time resides. this is the link to infinite possibilities.
clench your anus and such in your gut. put your tip of your tongue on the roof of your mouth just behind your front teeth. This completes the energy points which allow for the flow of chi. this may be the advanced lesson, but its nice to keep in mind.see some of my other posts.

check out this link for "om mani padme hum" here. Its my favorite.

www.youtube.com...

blessings, hope i helped.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Every thought that you have is basically a pattern of energy, when you have conflicting thoughts or depressive emotional states, and more tangibly a feeling of sickness, then there are energetic imbalances and mismatches... When you isolate your recurring thoughts and emotions, you will find that they seem to be focused around particular points within your being - when you contemplate on these points you will start to bridge the connections between neurons, and between blocked conduits within your energetic nervous system.

edit on 6-6-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

You cant get there from here.
You have to start there.

Search my posts on the subject.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Essentially, you can take two opposing energies and interlink them, but you cant connect them like a simple circuit, they must spiral together, and this occurs through contemplation and questioning, until all the thoughts that you have attributed to those junctions become so intense and paradoxical, that they collapse upon themselves and create a source of energy that channels itself from the chaos of infinity.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

as weird or strange as that sounds it actually makes alot of sense
its sort of like tying random thoughts till your mind starts to divide by zero and all hell breaks loose
well not exactly like that, but i did get what you were saying

good post, and im sure alot of people will get a headache just by reading it lol

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
For meditation there are countless ways to do so, You can concentrate on breathing, concentrate on music, concentrate on many things.

If your mind is noisey thats normal don't force on shutting your mind up, be persistant as possible to not succumb to your ego. Thats what it wants for you to stop meditating, be persistant let it release but do not listen to it just see the words and thoughts drift into a sea.

Well for me chanting helps me meditate because it allows me to concentrate on a few words or a mantra for instance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join