It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wondering what to do when The Rapture doesn't happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
In case you haven't heard, Oakland preacher Harold Camping and his followers believe that The Rapture will occur May 21, 2011 at precisely 6pm. His network owns 66 radio stations across the nation and he has purchased over 2000 billboards nationwide to spread his belief. Apparently he has convinced thousands of people to give up their homes, jobs and all possesions in preparation of this day.

So when The Rapture doesn't happen what are these people supposed to do? Well, they're all invited to a party.

If it doesn't happen, though, there's an Oakland-based atheist's group ready to help disappointed/unfulfilled believers with a party on Sunday. They've also raised their own counter-billboards to point at what they see as "nonsense."

MSNBC.com

At least for one night, they won't starve.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I believe rapture is not gonna happen for another 25000 years, and had a vision yesterday of Harold camping been shot dead on 22nd by one of his followers... i pity those who got convinced and spent their life savings.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Nothing, just chill. Harold Camping said it twice and it hasn't happened. Stop trying to predict the unknown.
edit on 18-5-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It just amazes me how some people will believe what an authority figure tells them and as long as that influential person talks slowly and clearly they will follow them to the end.
This Harold Camping guy is no different from David Koresh or Jim Jones except maybe many won't die from this. Maybe.
Who's to say what the person will do that has sold everything they have and then Sunday comes around and he has nothing. I would say a lot of people are going to hit a tipping point and freak out.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'm surprised he didn't tell his followers to drink some magical kool-aid. Sad part is, most of them would've done it.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Sad. And where does he get all this money for all this advertising?? hmm probably the people that are giving up everything. And no one seems to care that he already predicted this once and it didnt happen because he had "bad" data. I think people just really want something to truly believe in. And maybe ready to leave this world. Sucks for the people who gave up everything. Atleast they get a party! too bad it will still be on Earth!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Hmm....what to do the day after? Go on living your life, and realize that supposed prophets are not always what they seem. Live, learn and move on and don't vest so much belief in a mere man in the future. Perhaps a learning and growing experience for some.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
someone spends millions of dollars, leaves jobs, leaves friends, and leaves pets to sit in an RV and wait the rapture... kewl.. i need to find these folks and play UNO..

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The irony, the only one left with a job will be the preacher...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I have heard about the rapture for at least 10 years I know the idea goes back quite a bit but as most things that come from a belief system that shuns science and reason it is quite absurd.

The belief that the saved will defy gravity and fly up into the sky is so silly. Where do they go to the earths ionosphere,the international space station, the moon? Does Jesus pick them up in a spaceship to zip them off to planet Heaven at warp speed?
Will there bodies be made immune to the vacuum and cosmic radiations of outer space?

edit on 18-5-2011 by ELahrairah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I found a website that mentions May 21 the "Judgement Day"

Link

Interestly in the bottom right there is a link for donations.

Predictions are very infamous in ATS because they come out wrong, but doesn't the Bible say that no one knows the end of the world?

I won't do anything special that day by the way.

Edit: The website is from a radio. If you click in the top right you can listen to the radio. If nothing happens that day then it would be interesting to listen what they have to say.
edit on 18-5-2011 by danielsil18 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

So when The Rapture doesn't happen what are these people supposed to do?

It is time for these people to slow down and grill.

www.youtube.com...

Sorry, I have nothing else to say.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Mark 13:32 American Standard Version
"But of that day or that hour knoweth no one, not even the angels in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father."

So if Jesus himself doesn't know the day or the hour of his return, how then can some preacher?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I believe on the morning of the 22nd i will wake up, if I was able to get to sleep the night of the 21st anyway.
But on the 22nd I will conduct business as usual and feel pity for the folks who bought the bill of goods.
Then I will laugh and wonder what is the next the end of the world and who will profit this time around.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ELahrairah

it just shows how christianity really havnt a clue about the bible,s interpretations, these preachers should go back to school and re read the bookagain, they got a D not an A

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Drink beer. As per Homer Simpson, you cannot go wrong with this path.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
Mark 13:32 American Standard Version
"But of that day or that hour knoweth no one, not even the angels in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father."

So if Jesus himself doesn't know the day or the hour of his return, how then can some preacher?

I totally agree with you...I feel badly for the people that spent all their money, gave up their home and possessions etc. I am just wondering ...will some of those people commit suicide?...and/or will one of them try and kill Mr. Camping? That is what is scarey to me.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
You buy lady gagas new cd that came out this past monday

Just live your life on how you wish to and stop worrying about things you dont know.

new topics

top topics

join