It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I seen something I should have not been able to.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I am not sure where to post this so move it if need be.
I seen something I should have not been able to. Today a helicopter flow over the shop and I still can not explain what I seen. OK, here goes. There was a cloud over cast. The clouds were up high don't know how high. This helicopter (police chopper maybe) flow over the shop and that is when it happened. Do not know high it was but but at that range it look about 3 or 4 inches across making it I guess about 500 feet maybe. Anyway as it flow over I was watching it and I could not believe what I seen. I seen the rotor stop. It did this about 5 or 6 times as it went over the shop. The rotor was like freeze frame. I could see the whole rotor (both ends) clear and sharp and if it had stopped which there is not way it did. This freeze frame effect is what you get when you use a strobe light and there was no strobe light. I was out side and the sun was the only light. I have seen countless helicopters fly over the shop and my house and some a lot lower than this one and have never seen this freeze frame effect. You need a strobe light for that effect. The sun does not play strobe light. I have played with strobe lights and timing lights all my life and know what you can see and can not see with them and with them. The rotor "froze" and then there was a 3 to 3 second delay and it did it again. And then another 2 to 3 second delay and another freeze frame. It did this 5 or 6 times.
Helicopter rotors do not stop in mid air.
The sun does not strobe....................or does it?
I hope someone can understand what I am trying to explain that I seen because I am not doing a very good job of it. Has any one else ever seen or heard of anything like this.
There had to be a strobe light for me to seen what I seen and there was none. I am confused.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
it's just an optical illusion because the blades are moving so fast if you look at a certain spot in the helicopters blades it will look this way...they didn't freeze they're just moving fast

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Wow...do you ever go outside?

Never watched the wheels of a car passing by that seem to spin "backwards"? It's just an optical illusion youre not developing some ultra-next-vision

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
you can recreate your experiance with a fan or maybe a bike tire with the right rims. the reason the blades seemed to freeze is because our eyes see so many frames per second kinda like a camera and with every snap shot our eyes take mixed with how fast the blades are moving gives us the illusion that they froze. hope ya get the gist of what im saying, im sure somebody could better explain it if not

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

I know the rotor moves really fast. Helicopter rotor tip speeds can approach Mach 1. I have watched a great many helicopters over the years any have not seen this before. I fear I am not getting my point across. I am not very good and putting things into words sometimes. And even an nominal optical illusion would not explain the fact I seen the rotor on BOTH sides of the helicopter. One side is traveling in the direction of the helicopter while the other one is traveling in the opposite direction. It was not at the same point each time. Using a clock face as reference it was once at 9&3 and once at 11&5 and once at 7&1 and so one Straight across each time. A strobe light is an optical illusion. I have use strobe lights and timing lights a lot. I want to know what generated the strobe effect. Has any one ever heard of the sun acting like a strobe light? I sure have not. I know it was a strobe effect I just now need to understand what caused it.

I give up. This was with the naked eye not with any camera. There was nothing between me and the helicopter. I spend a great deal of time out side. I have watch helicopters all my life. I know all able camera frame rates and such but this was with the naked eye. I was afraid I would not be able to explain what I seen well enough and I was right. The next odd thing I seen I will just keep it to my self. Sorry to waste every ones time. I am done.

edit on 5/18/2011 by fixer1967 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Did you see something like this?

If so, it's an optical illusion. The frame rate of the camera the guy is using isn't fast enough to capture all the movement, so it looks like it's either completely still or moving only a little. It's the same with our eyes... we cannot see such fast movement.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Reply to post by fixer1967

why are you offended by our explanations? we are just trying to help you figure it out...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Why does every one keep posting videos and CAMERA posts? This was not with any camera unless you are trying to tell me I have camera in my head. I do not understand why you can not understand this was with the naked eye which does not have a frame rate like a camera. One more camera or video post and I will ask the mods to close this thread. I am a fool for posting in the first place.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod

why are you offended by our explanations? we are just trying to help you figure it out...

I am not very good at explaining what I seen and it is coming across as something else. I guess it is my fault for not being able to explain it better.

Mods=Please close this thread. I am sorry I started it. I can not explain what I seen and it is doing nothing but wasting time and space. I am sorry for starting such a stupid thread.
Please close thread, thank you.
edit on 5/18/2011 by fixer1967 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

because our eyes see in frames like cameras...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

I understand what you're talking about. I haven't seen it with a helicopter, but I've experienced it heaps of times with the second hand of analogue clocks. To start with it would only last a second, but now I can see the second hand stand still for 2-3 seconds at a time, and occasionally go backwards one second.

I can't offer any help about what it is, but after reading thru the threads recently about time-slips, I'm seeing that ANYTHING is possible.

Thanks for posting your experience. It makes mine more real. Keep watching helicopters and let us know what happens. This is so cool that things are not what they seem to be anymore!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Have you seen on Youtube all the videos of two suns?
Maybe they are interacting with each other, producing a pulse type effect or wave amplification?

The other sun is not Nibiru, I know what it is but even if I told you, you wouldn't believe me and would say I was a troll or insult me. So I will only tell if U2U is used.
Peace and love.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

closeing the thread isnt going to get anything solved and why ask questions if your just gonna close the thread because you didnt get the right answer. hell i could be wrong with the frames thing and if i am how will i be able to know if the thread is gone?...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Maybe it was the way your eyes focused and followed the spin.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod

because our eyes see in frames like cameras...

It's true, we can only see so many cycles per second, like a camera.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
try this vid

www.youtube.com...

I have seen what you are talking about where the rotors stopped, I think the choppers that do that are also jet propelled or something

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
When an image strikes the retina the nerve impulses last approximately
1/25 sec. This is why motion pictures appear to move continuously, even
though the number of frames/sec. is not extremely fast. This is also why a
TV screen does not flicker. If you have seen some "old time movies" from the
20's and 30's they appear "jerky" because at the time the technology did not
allow for frames to appear quickly enough to "fool" the eye, and the eye was
able to resolve successive frames.

There is another effect that may be coming into play also, and that is a
"strobe" effect. A strobe light flickers very short pulses of light at
variable controlled speeds. If some object is rotating in front of the light
at some multiple of the pulse speed, it will appear to stand still. If the
strobe light is speeded up or slowed down slightly the image will appear to
move forward or backward slowly.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
This illusion business is missing something essential, unless I didn't see a post.

Helicopters are, to put it mildly, a little bit noisy. Never mind the image -- did the noise of the rotors pause as well?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OrganicAnagram33

Enemy Hind incoming...
Spy plane up above...
edit on 19-5-2011 by Sparkitekt because: caps

top topics

<<   2 >>

join