It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Southern Florida Man Causes Controversy By Praying For The Soul Of Osama Bin Laden

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

The South Florida man whose prayer for Osama bin Laden caused a holy mess at mass this past Sunday is speaking out to defend the bizarre benediction.

Henry Borga paid $10 to put bin Laden's name on the prayer list at Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church in West Palm Beach over the weekend, according to WPTV.

The name appeared with four others under the mass intentions section in the church's pamphlet, with a cross next to bin Laden's name.

While putting the name on the list has caused quite a hubbub, Borga, who said he also prayed for the victims of 9/11, said it was about mercy.

"He was a very bad man but he deserved to be punished in life, not by losing his life," Borga said. "He needs forgiveness and compassion from God."

This is the very definition of practicing what you preach. You pray for your enemies as well as your friends. Indeed, as stated in Luke 6:27-36:

[27] "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, [28] bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. [29] If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. [30] Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. [31] Do to others as you would have them do to you

The MSM has spent a decade villafying Bin Laden while ignoring equally qualified evildoers. Osama is worse than the devil himself, while other dictators and mass murders are forgotten about.

Source

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Why would he have to pay to put a name on a prayer list?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I admire his conviction in upholding his beliefs.

But yes, why do we need a list and money to pray for people?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Catholics are crazy like that.

Thinking you can pray for someone after they die.

They are wasting their time, Osama choose Mohammed over Jesus, so he basically is burning in hell right now.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Doesn't the Bible also ridecule Pharisees in the book of Luke for having strict religious traditions that center around the practice and financial aspect and not the faith? I wonder if "This is a list of people that you are allowed to pray for, thanks for your funding to make 'useful' lists possible" falls under that.

It's kind of pathetic that OBL gets the same last religious touting of the post-death moral high ground as Matthew Shepard did from "THE Church", though, that's the part that urks me.
edit on 18-5-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Religion is hypocritical by nature. Love thy enemy, turn the other cheek, do onto others as you would have others do onto you, yada yada......unless they do something anti-american. Then hunt them down a rejoice over their death. Not saying Osama was a good guy, of course he wasn't, but it isn't black and white as with most things, and celebrating someones death is against what religion stands for. Hypocrites.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The book of Luke also ridecules Pharisees for turning the concept of God into a way to enforce strict traditional practices and indoctrinations and create dishonest financial fortitude for its subscribers. I wonder if creating lists for prayer at the hard expense of the 'believers' falls under that.

I'm really sick of the post-death religious moral high-ground crap from "THE Church", and it urks me that the globally recognized criminal here is adressed in the same manner as victims of arbitrary pseudo-religious hatecrimes like Matthew Shepard, as if they are the same caliber of moral disgrace.
edit on 18-5-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
Why would he have to pay to put a name on a prayer list?

Same thing that I thought. The OBL thing is really a non-issue, IMO. In addition, we still haven't even seen a picture. But why in the hell are these people paying for others to pray for whomever they choose?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
People who dont know the basic in's and outs of religion shouldnt even waste there time posting. I cant believe some people are so dim on basic everyday knowledge. tsk tsk tsk

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dance4Life

Because it costs money to print things out?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by 4Starlight2Decay0

Umm.. seriously?

$10 for a name? Are these published in the NYT? Guessing it took about 3.5 seconds and was most likely typed in Notepad.

How about just making it free?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
How is the outrage not that people have to pay money to put someone on a prayer list? Luke 6:36 Be merciful, just as Your father is merciful. He was absconded for following what they were taught. Kind of sad to see.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4Starlight2Decay0

Because it costs money to print things out?

Oh the grace of the Church, graciously publishing names on a prayer list at a 4500% markup. Holy is thou!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Catholics are crazy like that.

Thinking you can pray for someone after they die.

I've seen "prayer lists" from all denominations. The Mormons especially tick people off by "baptising" the dead into the Mormon church. Which to me is just... bizzare. Not just the idea of "converting" a dead person to your faith, but that other people actually take it seriously enough to get upset.

They are wasting their time, Osama choose Mohammed over Jesus, so he basically is burning in hell right now.

Two things.
1) Islam recognizes Jesus ('Isa) as a prophet, probably a stronger one than Mohammed. Mohammed was just the capstone, basically.
and
2) There is no hell, unless you count working retail on December 26.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Hey capitalism's a b*tch deal with it, Would I charge for printing crap out? No way But nothings free in water wold

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
So you admit that his "prayer list" has nothing to do with what is right and has everything to do with making money?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
First of all kudo for him for practicing what we Christians preach. That is exactly how we are supposed to behave; praying for those that we feel have wronged us is a wonderful step toward healing.

Second of all, I'm not going to bother trying to say all Catholic Churches are the same but I am a Catholic and in our parish it is a free will offering; not required to have some one added to the prayer list. By the by, many faiths pray for the souls of those who have passed it's not that unusual and as for him burning in hell; well that isn't my call nor is it any one else's; that would be between bin Ladin and God.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

He is either looking or calling for attention or he is an honest altruistic guy. Interesting.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
It shouldn't be a controversy in the first place.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Reply to post by 547000

Just show what kind of world we live in.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join