It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Slaps Sanctions on Syrian President

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

The United States slapped sanctions on Syrian President Bashar Assad and six senior Syrian officials for human rights abuses over their brutal crackdown on anti-government protests, for the first time personally penalizing the Syrian leader for actions of his security forces.

Well, sanctions are usually the first step before invasion. This administration just can't help themselves, can they? They absolutely have to involve themselves in things that don't concern them. How long until we go over there and start murdering people? 1 month? 6? Good going.

Sanctions on Syria

/TOA
edit on 18-5-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2011 by The Old American because: grammar

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
great...another invasion in the making that we can't afford and that will make even more people hate our country...thanks obama

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Bahh. Thanks. Owned by the spectacular search engine again.

/TOA

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

How do you personally feel about the Syrian government slaughtering peaceful protesters; Approve or disapprove?

If you approve of their actions, why?

Would you approve of governments in other countries slaughtering peaceful protesters? Your country?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Why no sanctions on Yemen or Bahrain is the question.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

How do you personally feel about the Syrian government slaughtering peaceful protesters; Approve or disapprove?

Would you approve of governments in other countries slaughtering peaceful protesters? Your country?

Since this is still open and mods haven't closed it, I'll answer. I think it's reprehensible, disgusting, and an affront to humanity. It's also something we shouldn't be involved in right now since we're busy killing people in Libya and Pakistan.

/TOA

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

The fact is the US government slaughters its own citizens too. Whistleblowers are liquidated. Inventors of free energy are liquidated. 3000 were killed by the government in 2001. threats are liquidated. Kennedy was liquidated, Bob Marley - liquidated. Luther King...liquidated. Waco - mass murder.

The US government has probably killed more of its own citizens than the Syrian government has or will.

Perhaps the Chinese should invade the US and bomb y'all to pieces with DU to put a stop to it, and then seize all your natural resources. What do you think?
edit on 18-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Pakistan, Syria, Libya take your pick. It sure sounds and feels like Iraq all over again. Obama took home the peace prize, be nice if he stays true to it and all of his pre-election promises. I know....an elected official actually standing firm on there promises and belief's. Too good to be true??? Prove us all wrong Mr. President.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Since this is still open and mods haven't closed it, I'll answer. I think it's reprehensible, disgusting, and an affront to humanity. It's also something we shouldn't be involved in right now since we're busy killing people in Libya and Pakistan.

/TOA

You forgot Afghanistan and Iraq.....and Palestine via US support for Israel. The Blood House is very busy right now with killings.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seekingtruths

Pakistan, Syria, Libya take your pick. It sure sounds and feels like Iraq all over again. Obama took home the peace prize, be nice if he stays true to it and all of his pre-election promises. I know....an elected official actually standing firm on there promises and belief's. Too good to be true??? Prove us all wrong Mr. President.

You really do believe in Santa, don't you! Lol.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
reply to post by Blaine91555

Why no sanctions on Yemen or Bahrain is the question.

Give them time, they can only take on so much mass murder at one time. They're in the pipeline.

They have to have full time decorators working at the White House/Blood House to keep covering up the blood dripping down the walls.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

What are you trying to say??? Santa is real....right??

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Aw, I'm not going to be the one to break the sad news to you...lol.

Yes, Santa is as real as Obama's integrity.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Son of a bitch, and right before the rapture??? You really know how to sting a guy.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Son of a bitch, and right before the rapture??? You really know how to sting a guy.

Mm, you believe in the rapture too????? ROFL

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

What are you trying to say? I saw him, after all!

But yeah, Nobel Peace Prize. What a humanitarian.

/TOA

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I actually agree that we should stay out of it. I can understand though that if we don't help, who will? It's a case where both sides are right and there in lies the problem.

I asked because I'm not to thrilled with those who only post because they hate Americans and side with Terrorists and brutal Dictators.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I actually agree that we should stay out of it. I can understand though that if we don't help, who will? It's a case where both sides are right and there in lies the problem.

I asked because I'm not to thrilled with those who only post because they hate Americans and side with Terrorists and brutal Dictators.

First off, the myth that US 'helps' is busted. US causes mass destruction and then helps itself to the resources of the country.

Secondly, to criticise US constant invasion and pillage of other countries, does not = siding with the dictators.

US has created many, many brutal dictators in the world in order to further it's own corporate agenda. US turns a blind eye to brutal dictators when it suits them, and even finances some of them.

And now, the US is about to experience first hand what brutal dictatorship is - just give Obama a bit more time, he's almost got it stiched up.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

You know I'm opposed to violence, but there does come a point where the world needs to step in. It's somebody elses turn. If the other countries there cared at all about their people and they do not, they would do something. Proves to me what a bunch of phonies these Religious Dictators and Saudi Royalty are.

The saddest part is the citizens there putting up with it. Islam has an evil side that is in control right now. I think it's time Islam stood up for their own people and stopped them from slaughtering each other. Surely the 1.6 billion members could deal with the ten or so million Islamic Jihadists out to kill everyone, even themselves.

Why anyone sticks up for any of them is beyond me. If you go back a few threads I started, you will find a rant telling the story of a friend who was recently held captive in a Syrian Jail for Ransom. He was born there and he is not welcome among his own people. He is a good man and he was in tears because they would not let him even see his Fathers Grave. Why? Because he is not on a Jihad to kill everyone and take over the world. I'm actually developing a group of Muslim friends I enjoy. Everyone is thrilled to be here and they all confide they would never go back to that madhouse with the crazy people in charge. Actually change the word crazy to evil.

Of course there are some fairly evil folk here who side with the Jihadists. I suspect they just get off on violence and would pretend to support any crazy violent bunch of mass murderers who came along.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join