It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else think people might be waking up?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
On facebook an hour ago, a friend of mine (who I've never talked to about ATS topics) posted a George Carlin video entitled "Who really controls america." Since then, 5 people have clicked like on the video. Now, this might not seem like much, but to me it's a big step. I've never seen anyone on facebook post a video like this before. It's a big step because the video contains a lot of truth, albeit in a humorous manner. If people like this, then it means they're waking up...

Here's the video.
*Warning language*

So, have any of you had experiences with people you know starting to wake up to the truth?
edit on 18-5-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
ok

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Boy i miss George Carlin, he was the best comedian of all times.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I doubt your friend is awake. Perhaps he just posted it for what it is. For comedic effect.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

God I hope so. To think that the morons in our elected government control ANYTHING is absurd. They are two sides of the same coin yet we keep wasting time pissing and moaning about jaw dropping stupidity like birth certificates. We believe the news entertainment stations.

Just as soon as the useful idiots stop being useful idiots and think for themselves and stop saying fundamentally ignorant things like "just read the Constitution", we can make a change and get rid of this corrupt as Hell government. Until then ... good luck.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I don't believe people are waking up. I think that the oversaturation of media and connectedness probably means the opposite of wakefulness even when about alternative subject matter.

One of the biggest reasons I feel that people aren't waking up is that nowadays people feel that they have to have a mobile phone. Indeed, I feel in the minority for not using one. I think that this mobile technology can be used for tracking, eavesdropping, and a dulling of the senses (or alternately sensory overload from too much connectedness leading to mental overload).

I pinpoint cellphones but of course the Internet, iPods, are also examples of centralization. When we view the must-haves we really must ask who is gaining. It may be difficult to understand what malpurpose or technology that the government is using through these devices, but with the proliferation of these devices there must be some reason other than just placating people with funny videos of cats on youtube.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Mark these words down, and save this post......NOTHING in America will change till a "Revolution"...comes and we take back our freedoms......

P/S...Kiss my A$$ CIA....No, I am not threatening a revolution...so keep your A$$ away from my home.....I am just stating what will have to be done to get America back to a freedom Loving and acting Nation...
edit on 18-5-2011 by Caji316 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mossme89
On facebook an hour ago, a friend of mine (who I've never talked to about ATS topics) posted a George Carlin video entitled "Who really controls america." Since then, 5 people have clicked like on the video. Now, this might not seem like much, but to me it's a big step. I've never seen anyone on facebook post a video like this before. It's a big step because the video contains a lot of truth, albeit in a humorous manner. If people like this, then it means they're waking up...

Here's the video.
*Warning language*

So, have any of you had experiences with people you know starting to wake up to the truth?
edit on 18-5-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

Ahh the master.... George left a legacy that is still being felt today and always will be imho. A true conspiracy theorist who used comedy to get his point across.. to great effect I think. Social networking could be what FINALLY unites us all, by that I mean caring, peaceful and righteous people in the world, against the negative forces that have been dominate lately. Could take awhile, but I am hopeful..

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I want to believe people are waking up,,,
But, I Don't.

I have slapped a few co-workers with non-stop info,, that in the end,,, for them,, is 'to much
to compute and they sing in chorus,,,
''''Oh Well,,, What can you do'''''
or they will say they are 'ready for Jesus' to come' and take them away.
Digital TV with vicarious Living built into American Households dumbed down by illogical and Inept educations geared towards making another worker bee for the Matrix System.
Of course this is all installed from the top down.
The comfort of their lives,,, even if they are Not comfortable,,, lulls them back to sleep to have their 'sheeple' dreams of Achieving the American Dream.

The Lure of the Material Riches they worship,, and praise,,
knowing more about Million Dollar Hollywood Stars than they do Current Events is the picture of sadness to me. Sad, Sad, Sad. I continue to say, as I weep for those who are 'Sleeping Beauties' inside of Illusions upon illusions.
Those of Us who seek another way, curious for Facts, not Lies or more Illusions, are marginalized and ridiculed with Jokes about our intelligence, our patriotism, and sanity. Soundbyte comments belittles the possibility of intelligent discourse. Minds are Numbed to make it seem that it is not worth the effort to question our 'leaders' and elite who rule us.
Where is the discourse so needed in this country. I think it is here on ATS. And if no one has noticed,,,,
It is Noticed.
The Goats who rule the Sheeple need to be Stared at more intently. Time to look them in the Eye and Say

NO MORE!

Maybe that would Wake everyone Up!

But ultimately,,,,,, No, I don't think many out there are waking up Intelligently or with Emotional Fortitude.
Fear and Stupidity Rule Them.

Sad, Sad, Sad.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

More people are waking up particularly here in America but it's going to take a lot more STHTF before enough of us do..............and by than it may be too late.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I do feel as though more and more people are starting to wake up. They're starting to question and wonder. I like to talk to people about the news and hear their standpoints. See if they spit out exactly what they hear or have their own standpoint. Those who want to know are searching, searching to be informed. There's a really interesting thread going on about experiences of those who have awoken or feel the same as you do with noticing more. Actually there's quite a few threads going around about this subject. I think its up to those that are awake to guide those with questions to the best of our ability. I know I've had some help along the way.

Oh yeah here's the post I was talking about...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Perhaps, perhaps not. (definitive, right?
)

What i do know is that those who claim to be the most awake tend to be in the deepest sleep.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I don't think you can possible grasp how much I hate the entire "waking up" thing. I find it utterly offensive, and certainly ridiculous, and highly self-centered.

Waking Up appears to have only one consistent meaning - agree with me or you are asleep.

Every thread I see like this makes me go , "YUCK."

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I can understand how you feel as there certainly seems to be a dominant vein to the "waking up" paradigm. I am not intending to assert conspiracy even to this statement, but if you control both the reality and the opposition - not matter what it is, then what are you waking up to?

Perhaps it can be better stated to say, "becoming more aware of the world & environment about you." I can say that there is some irony in all this global slow-down, in that while I spent months looking for a job, and instead of watching television - I read news online. After sometime of being able to "pay attention," it clicked that I wasn't getting the straight scoop (it was like pulling a tiny thread that led to other threads, that after time, deteriorated my blanket reality). I suspect that the more people spend less time working, there is a good chance they could experience a broader perspective - in essence, become more aware of the world around them. Kind of a negative for TPTB, I guess.

Nonetheless, loosely, I could say I am "awake," but very often, I don't believe all the conspiracy mumbo-jumbo that comes off the conveyor belt; I like to make up my own mind. I avoid extremist thinking or at least make sure I surround it with objective reading.

But, OP, et al, I have abandoned my cell phone, my Facebook account and any aspect that ties me to the often vapid and mindless currents of my social stream. That may not be for everyone, but surprisingly, I don't miss it.
edit on 19-5-2011 by alyoshablue because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join