It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a question for all you single women in a shtf....

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

No prob.....so you will be a lone Nomad? Or would you like to try out for membership? Oh God....my compound is starting to sound naughty...I didn't mean it that way.... didn't come out right. Maybe you could be a guard?

Well StealthyKat, I will except a membership as long as everyones ok with it. LOL LOL LOL! @ naughty compounds
But if requested and I am near I will post up on high elevation and target practice any unwelcomming hoards...
I can guard for food
And loner hope not my 2 kids will be with me I hope. But running in packs that my view my daughter in a strange way would not be good, for me I may have to Eat whole packs if this ignorance began. So yup I would go out alone for supplies

edit on 5/19/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I'm 14, no man I know how to shoot a gun, survive. My uncle was a survivalist, If you're homeless chill under the tunnels in the winter they blow out warm air. I still how to remember to fish and hunt.
There is no meaner b!+c# in my neighbourhood. I am a psychopath, no problem keeping the crazies away. I'll kill em, no worries. Who's better to face the SHTF then me ? My uncle always talked about the SHTF, I'm mentally prepared for it.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by David291

Oh yes....I'd be like that girl in Resident Evil or Underworld
"The Kick" is standard issue for me and my girls. Did you know if you bend someone's thumb just right, you can bring them to thier knees? It's true! I don't know if it works on Zombies though....will there be zombies?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

OK....you will be on my list for guard tryouts if the SHTF.
It's good to be Queen!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Why thank you my queen for the tryout membership
Just keep me fed and the rest is just nature..
@ zombies maybe goal find Island unless they swim?!?!?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
That's hilarious, it looks like somebody wants to be in a relationship really bad lmfao. I mean, he makes it seem like women have nothing to count on, but hey I give him props for actually trying to mack on chicks on ATS. Props to you dude! =D Nothing beats a girl that's a conspiracy theorist and has knowledge about what is actually going on in the world. Dude, are you really serious about the survivalism stuff? Damn, I need to start prepping myself, it seems like the entire world will be taken over by the orcs someday! No but seriously, that's crazy, apparently the world is supposed to end this saturday.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

I know what you mean about hunting. I've been deer and wild turkey hunting, and while I enjoyed the "hunt".....I didn't like the kill part. But....in as world such as the SHTF scenario....we would have to do what we have to do. Meat would be luxury, but I would have a garden. If things were that bad, I think people would have a more animalistic side of them come out. The "kill" not be so bad, because we would be HUNGRY.....and there would be no Super Walmart. Which is exactly why I would have a compound. Not only would people turn animalistic in hunting techniques, etc, but in ALL aspects of life. Dog eat dog as they say. You have the right kind of thinking process, so
We would make a good team

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltdog
How many women here are without a man in a SHTF? I mean you have no husband, dad, grandpa, uncle, or guy friend that will be there for you ...if times get tough?
I ask because the way this world is headed, it could be a bumpy road ahead....I know that some of you ladies don't need or want a man...thats fine, but do you have a group or support network to help you when the chips are down?

I ask this because there seems to be a lot of guys out there that seem to be jerks and for your safety I would hope that you have someone that you can count on....

I just read lights out today and it got me thinking about women going to get items needed from the store or even if you have to go out into a unsecure area in a SHTF and what extra precautions you might need to take if your at it alone.

How many here have thought about these things or are wishing that they had a male to be that protection or rock in which you can stand in times of trouble?

I think that the real question is why would you need a man? Women in my mother's opinion are far superior to men. Belle W. Baruch could out ride, out shoot, and out hunt, out sail any man alive in the 1920s. She was a society girl who ownned 77,000 acres of land on the coast of South Carolina in the 1930s to her death.
A man should be for company or breeding purposes only. Ladies you are strong, you can learn to be self sufficient and do anything a man can. It's also better to be alone than in really bad company.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

You're welcome
Well if there will be zombie's, you can be on the zombie squad! Start practicing your headshots now. I think you'll work out just fine.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Already.....

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by frugal

Well....that is somewhat true...but women still like the "romance" part. If we start using men for breeding, that is when we would really be animalistic. That part is what distinguishes us from the animals.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
While I am not single, I very well could be if the powers that be take all our men off to war, which is likely to happen if it's a WW3 event. But let's hope hubby can dodge...

I find it almost humorous how these women on here claim to be all tuff, and so like the movie-star a**-whoopin' girls in Hollywood that weigh all of about 100lbs soaking wet. Give me a break!! I am a woman on the big side, 5'11, 160lbs, study martial arts, and there is NO WAY I could win in a hand-to-hand combat with most men.

Sure I could survive, but not because I'm some Amazon, a** kicking Medusa, it would be because of my instinct to find shelter, food, and take care of my family and loved ones.

Wake up all you Lara Croft dreamers!!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I am not bashing or putting down anyone with this post, I am simply bringing up the topic for discussion because I would hate to see some of you here suffer if you could have done something today, to better yourself for tomorrow.
I have and will not IM any of you ladies, thats not the reason of this tread, its to hopefully open some eyes, if yours are open great...if there are not, well...I hope that you realize your abilities and inabilities soon to better yourself.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by misnomer68

If we women are so lucky, there is power in numbers. While this thread has taken a light hearted path, there are some here who understand the real seriousness of kill or be killed. Personally, I now have a little more hope that true and long-term survival might be possible after all.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Thanks to you all for the responces....ladies and gentlemen, I hope that you all can continue to get prepped for what ever is coming...if you need advice there are several people here that can assist....with wisdom and experiance....please never let a day go to waist...always learn something new.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by misnomer68
While I am not single, I very well could be if the powers that be take all our men off to war, which is likely to happen if it's a WW3 event. But let's hope hubby can dodge...

I find it almost humorous how these women on here claim to be all tuff, and so like the movie-star a**-whoopin' girls in Hollywood that weigh all of about 100lbs soaking wet. Give me a break!! I am a woman on the big side, 5'11, 160lbs, study martial arts, and there is NO WAY I could win in a hand-to-hand combat with most men.

Sure I could survive, but not because I'm some Amazon, a** kicking Medusa, it would be because of my instinct to find shelter, food, and take care of my family and loved ones.

Wake up all you Lara Croft dreamers!!

Hand to hand combat, if you study martial arts, you should know that a 100lb person can take down a 250lb person with the right knowledge and skills. Add to that some weapon training and you'd have no problem fighting one on one.

I don't think any of us are Lara Croft dreamers, it's about knowing your mind and body can be a productive powerful tool if trained properly, regardless of your gender.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltdog
reply to post by raiders247

I know several also that are good shots, but paper doesn't shoot back....I was going to suggest taking a self defense course or get better at shooting or knife fighting....just food for thought.

Agreed 100%

If any women DO decide to take a Self Defense Course. Here is the BEST one money can buy, BAR NONE!

Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Women Empowered

Good Luck to everyone if the SHTF! Man Child and Woman alike!
edit on 19-5-2011 by Nola213 because: spelling (hope i got em all :p)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

Learning about survival and surviving are two different things. Learning theoretical survival dosent make you a survivor until you have tried it and survived

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by misnomer68

That's why I would have a mostly women compound, with select few men who prove trustworthy.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

Someone asked you to IM them? *looks around* Not my reason for posting. I never got the impression this was an apocolyptic dating game

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join