It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a question for all you single women in a shtf....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I am not romantically single but have had to adapt to living single several times and will many more times in the future. My old man has shown me the ropes. More importantly I have a child and because of that, I have learned to be the meanest and most protective bear in the cave. I am not by any means a pioneer woman, but I also do not rely on the world's views to shape my thinking. I am not afraid to die, I would do anything to protect my child, and if I saw him suffering, I would end it if need be...along with my own self. Sacrifice has no gender, age, race, or occupation...it's just a matter of how far you're willing to go!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
yes being a single mum i would be a bad ass

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
yes being a single mum i would be a bad ass

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanna
I am not afraid to die, I would do anything to protect my child, and if I saw him suffering, I would end it if need be...along with my own self. Sacrifice has no gender, age, race, or occupation...it's just a matter of how far you're willing to go!

I am in full understanding of your POV. You possess the energy to change from mommy to protector in a flick of a switch, which is good. But please take what I say now as best you can. Some situations may get insane and even may get worst. But we ALL must walk face on into whatever awaits us to make the proper transitions wiether it be die protecting our young, as I have 2 children as well or live thru shtf situation. So if you were tested, GOD forbid please dont place force on your childs or your own life you may seperate spiritually from your seeds innocent eternal spirit due to the FORCE. Its understood and has been scanned this type of thinking. You only want to prevent loved childed from being in suffer position of life, so you would try to speed up process out of love. But it still registers in the end as murder. LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA be well

edit on 5/19/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sweetliberty

You're in Baby!
Things like bows, knifes and the people with skills to use them and other weapons would be essential, since bullets run out.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

hehe.....I would make myself a bullet proof corset!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

hehe.....I would make myself a bullet proof corset!

And I am sure it will protect / fit you well...

Just if you see me roaming lol please throw a feller some bread over you alls compound wall and I will thro over what I have to share, before moving on...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Australiana

You know who I study? Prisoners. I love prison shows.
Because if there is ever a population that knows survival, it is prisoners.
And they would be the population I would fear the most. They don't have morals or values. Only survival and putting themselves first.
I think learning how they think, is not only a protection to yourself, but you can pick up things they do to survive, such as a lock in a sock.
Or for those who really can't defend themselves, you form a gang.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Don't forget the knife hidden away at the tip of your boot ready for when any of us pesky men get to close! A quick kick to the groin and all your problems will be solved!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

If something happened to my child and he was bleeding to death, stuck in some hideous trap, or anything else I dont want to think about, you'd better believe we'd both meet our maker quicker. I will not stand to see my child suffer. If it was a matter of "im tired of walking" then no, we'd keep going as long as health/all over situation allowed.

Besides, have you seen my dog? She'll scare everyone away, we'll make it through

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanna

I see your dog and never know how she may bite lol but your spirit it fierce so yes you will make it. I just keep seeing references to people going all out if shtf so I wanted to embedd the reminder to you, in the end/beggining you want to spiritually be connected with your eternal soul and your seeds eternal soul in happiness away from danger -forever LOVE-. And I hope you never have to experience anything harsh as that, to force you into this, so keep up the good work and protect the seedling with your all my friend. As will I protect my seeds with my all.

Be well

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Thanks

I've been hunting before. I killed a boar hog in one shot. I was told to aim for his heart but he heard me cock back the single shot rifle. They have great hearing but poor eyesight. He turned in my direction hiding the area I was told to shoot at so I took a head shot (while in prayer
)
I heard if you knick a hog, they scream "like a woman" lol. There was no way I could handle hearing an animal suffer so I prayed for him not to suffer and he didn't. He dropped in an instance. I cried a little too. Needless to say, he I wouldn't have killed him in vain. He was properly taken care of and there was a lot of meat to go around. It wasn't easy to cross that line as I am a huge animal lover but at the time I felt I needed to.
I don't know how to skin or "gut" animals but if I'm hungry enough, I sure I could learn real fast. Fishing isn't a problem for me either

As for the men who are allowed in, I suspect they would be separated at all times and there would be many sets of eyes on them. I suspect we women would be sure to watch each others backs (like in shifts) until a real trust was earned by the men/man.
In the event any of my sisters was in harms way I would do what I had to for her survival

[Don't get me wrong I love men, lol, but in a shft, they would have to understand their place
]

Thanks

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by David291

Don't forget the knife hidden away at the tip of your boot ready for when any of us pesky men get to close! A quick kick to the groin and all your problems will be solved!

Maybe, but that will just make him angry if you don't do enough damage. It's far more beneficial to know how to puncture testicles and gauge eyeballs out with your bare hands in case you have no weapons handy

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I had to come back in this thread to say this:

The day I need a man for anything is the day I die as a woman.

Enough said.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This concept was discussed a few months ago, but leaned towards more practical applications for lone female survival. I stumbled around the survival forum but couldn't find the link, sorry.

One of the key points I saw in that thread though was that in a SHTF scenario, you'll see men running in packs. When they do that, all morals and restraint goes out the door.

One idea for prevention was to "defeminize" yourself until things stabilized. Dirty your face up...use "anti makeup to accentuate male features (larger nose, thicker brow, chin, jawline), cut your hair, wear baggy clothes, carry a bulky messenger bag (or other device) to break up your feminine figure. Men are genetically programmed to identify and assess the female form.

I don't care how much skill you have, a pack of 5 or so feral men aren't what you want to have notice you!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
I had to come back in this thread to say this:

The day I need a man for anything is the day I die as a woman.

Enough said.

C'mon now Baked...don't paint yourself into a corner! In this world that may be true, but SHTF is a whole 'nother ballgame! All of a sudden men and women may BOTH be reminded of the way things have been for millenia:

Male/Female teamwork is the key to survival!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

Originally posted by sweetliberty
You have the right idea! I would love to be a part of that. Btw, my nic is Annie Oakley
(Favorite toy is a compound bow).

Will approach compound as peacefull as possible with flowers as welcomming gift
. WOW I love to see the strength in you ladies..

I think you understand your place already

[note: flowers AND food, water, AND tools might get you a consensus

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Remind me again where you live, so I know where to steer clear of. I rather like my manhood and have no intentions of being castrated in a SHTF situation.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

No prob.....so you will be a lone Nomad? Or would you like to try out for membership? Oh God....my compound is starting to sound naughty...I didn't mean it that way.... didn't come out right. Maybe you could be a guard?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweetliberty
I think you understand your place already

[note: flowers AND food, water, AND tools might get you a consensus

Well well, I may leave you all map of my personal location in some cave somewhere if bartering is a possibility.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join