It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a question for all you single women in a shtf....

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I tend to think that guns and power tools make us ALL pretty equal.

But I've got big guys. One getting bigger by the day it seems...and about everyone in my neighborhood respects that I'm a healer of plants, people and animals - and a darn good cook. I'm a getting old by the minute woman (not kidding, my birthday is coming up)...but I've got mad skilz and if they hurt me, or kill me - it's going to be their big loss.

On the other hand, I'm a pagan with a lot of faith. I would kill myself if I ever had to and hang my spirit around long enough to haunt the heck out of anyone that pushed it. No one wants an old witch like me haunting them - they best leave me be.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by inanna1234

Stealthy would be stealthykat, a mean, lean killing machine. watch out guys ...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I agree with what Stealthy and a couple of others have posted, in saying that having someone, regardless of gender is important. I also agree that there is saftey to be found in numbers, though numbers can attract attention, which is bad. I feel that sadly, most women will be in deep S*** because as a whole women in today's society (especially in the USA) are not capable of surviving should SHTF, but that is true of most people in the world. There will be exceptions to the rule, but that is always the case, even in the case of said rule.

And for those who say guns are a great equilizer, and they are, more men know how to use guns better, in general than most women. Average man vs. average woman shooting targets, I pick the dude.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

Because most men think to hunt it, kill it, light it on fire, blow it up or screw it, I would not find it necessary to lean on a man in a SHTF senerio. I prefer planning, nurtureing, protecting, sharing, and forget the word WAR forever. If its an extinction level event, not everyone would want to survive it anyway.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magantice
reply to post by saltdog

Because most men think to hunt it, kill it, light it on fire, blow it up or screw it, I would not find it necessary to lean on a man in a SHTF senerio. I prefer planning, nurtureing, protecting, sharing, and forget the word WAR forever. If its an extinction level event, not everyone would want to survive it anyway.

"Only those who die in battle, have seen the end of war"

It sounds bad, but it is true.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

I am sorry but I am nothing like what you have said. I too like to protect, nurture etc and ofcourse I am a man. Do not mix all men in the same boat my friend
it is a terrible mistake.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

Good question...one I have not seen posted here on ATS as of yet. S & F for that...

Have an ex and current hubby who are into guns, hunting and self-sufficiency so don't know that my viewpoint applies. But if, yes if I were alone out there in the world alone in that scenario, I think and hope, that I would attract a man to take care of me. Kind of sad to put it in those terms. But let's be honest here, women have assets that men are attracted to so I guess I would use them to the best of my ability. As it stands though, I believe having the upper hand with a weapon, being that I lack the upper body strength of the male counterpart, I could hold my own. For how long...that is the question.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Denco
I'm a woman and a single mom at that! I think about it more and more. Especially after I had children. My #1 priority would be to protect them.
I don't really have ANY men in my life that I could count on now that I think about it....
I have a few things stored. Water, food, various medications. I would REALLY like to purchase a gun...
I feel I'm prepared for moderate natural disasters. But if we were really going down, I'm not sure we would have enough to survive. I have nowhere to go for shelter. I've always been paranoid about Yellowstone blowing. We live too close to Yellowstone!
:dn
uceS out

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Magantice

I have to agree with saltdog on this one. There where people who thought WWI would be the last real war and look how that ended up. It's sad but true, that war is in our nature and isn't something that will stop. Also, There are other things that guys think about.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Lets be honest here.

Why are you the OP or other males so concerned that women apparently can't look after themselves.

This is 2011.

I would be more concerned with the men on ATS. Some opinions are that most of the men on ATS are basement dwelling mummy's boys with bad skin and greasy hair. I would imagine that the women on here are quite butch or at least have above average testosterone (yes women do actually have testosterone) pumping round their bodies.

Im sure that women are not complete retards. As for the men....ATS is full of big talking people behind screens.

But trust me on this, those women who you think need protection will have brains not brawn. So they will be all wrapped up in some rabbit hole while you are picking your ass out of your ears.

Your best bet is look after No1 (including your wife, son daughter) but forget everyone else who does not matter including grand parents, friends, aunties cousins neighbors. Drop the excess weight and stay in small groups of 4-5. No more.

Women will be fine in general. Especially the ugly ones.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by testtubebaby

I started this tread to get people to think, the vast majority of women will have very little skills on surviving a major event...There are those that will be just fine, and thrive as well.
How many women do you know that can go out camping only if your in a cabin with all the comforts of home( electric,TV,RADIO, running water, indoor toilet)?
How many women are able to do hard physical work?

Now before you get your panties in a bunch, this is a question for all women to answer, not just one person...there are those that will be just fine...thats great, your not the ones that this tread was ment to wake up or make think...so there are tons of girls out there that hopefully are starting to see the light.

I posted this, because believe it or not, not all guys are jerks and some people do care...besides it is just going to be tougher to see someone suffer that is unprepared...knowing that you don't even have enough to share or give out because your already low or short on supplies yourself.

This was done to hopefully wake people up....the trueth is right now in our country there is..
fires burning wildly out of control
tornados destroying towns
floods wiping out thousands of miles of fertile farm land...which takes years to get the topsoil rich again...not to mention the loss of animals, equipment and property.

and around the world there are wars being fought, riots throughout the middle east, and our economy is in the toilet...as is the global economy....there are many other things going on right now to that are not good for anyone...just because your in america doesn't mean that your shielded and protected from bad things...wake up.

Now as far as your comments about me living in the basement with mom and dad and all that....
First off grow up, secondly...nope I left home many years ago, served for about 10 yrs in USMC Infantry, combat vet...I am no lard ass, and love the outdoors...so, please do look in the mirror and see yourself and think that everyone is like you.

edit on 17-6-2011 by saltdog because: spelling

edit on 17-6-2011 by saltdog because: spelling

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Other than not having as much physical strength on average, I see no reason why any women could not hold her own in a SHTF situation just as well as a man, provided that she has the same knowledge and preparedness. I know plenty of guys who think they are badasses because they take kickboxing and such, but if you left them out in the woods overnight they wouldn't even be able to make a fire.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

That is very true. It is more about the person than the gender, but generally speaking, men do have the upper hand in the woods...with hunting, tracking, and surviving.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

Now as far as your comments about me living in the basement with mom and dad and all that.... First off grow up, secondly...nope I left home many years ago, served for about 10 yrs in USMC Infantry, combat vet...I am no lard ass, and love the outdoors...so, please do look in the mirror and see yourself and think that everyone is like you.

Well done. You joined the USMC? United States Molests Children? You must be American so Ill speak slow and in simple terms so you don't misunderstand.

I am just tired of reading so many threads about how retarded women are, or are they suitable for such and such.

Today, most women are highly capable of looking after themselves. Remember, most of you were raised by women and would be nowhere if it weren't for them.

However, all of you who come up with dumb threads like this always say you are looking out for women and are good guys. No you are not. Just because you say something does not make it true.

For you too think of a thread topic that basically says "women are useless and need men for protection" you will find that these women are far greater in all aspects of life if only given the chance they deserve.

As for your bravado of being in the USMC I dont give a f***!! Means jack to me. You're still insignificant to everyone including your country. Cos when you die all you get is a fu***** flag and a two gun jerk off.

Wow this man can dig a hole, he's a marine. Wow!! You're basically a grunt. Cannon fodder for the real troops the Special Forces. Wannabes, just with crapper qualifications. The brainwashing the US gov has for its marines is legendary round the world. They big you up so you will go and die for nothing. But the real soldiers are still alive and getting paid a fortune when they retire working for companies like Xe or Armor Group at 500 bucks a day for a 2 month stint in Iraq while you marines are working in the supermarket reminiscing about the good old days and wondering why your job prospects on leaving are as close to zero even Stephen Hawkings couldn't separate your chances from that of protons chance during a chain reaction.

Women are the reason us men have something to live for. Without them we would all be gay, and I sure don't want that. Maybe you do, after all you are a marine.

edit on 17-6-2011 by testtubebaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Agreed, it would depend on skills, , tools, mindset, and qualifications that person has in his/her possession. Although majority of women that I have encountered can't do a simple things such as putting on a spare tire, let alone make it through a SHTF situation. It would depend on what kinda SHTF situation we are talking about.
For the record, that is my personal opinion that is not based on any kind of research, or anything else of that kind.

@testtubebaby
Without men all women would be gay. What is your point ?

How are you gonna talk smack to a grunt ?
Those SHTF situations you dream about (excluding zombies, and ETs) is what we go through pretty often.
10k above sea level, pinned down behind a rock, freezing half to death (or being so hot that you could collapse from a heart failure), with barely any food left, running low on ammo, with green tracers and RPGs all over the place, we do this shi* for a living, guy.

last I checked you didn't need to be tier 1 personnel to get $500 a day. 6-digits a year contracts are being offered to regular guys with few deployments every now and than.. It's just a lot of people don't want to do that kinda job after they get out, that's all there is to it.

You should refrain from making judgments as to who is a real soldier, and who is not, some people take that serious, and you might get your face stumped in the ground outside a bar one of these days. Just a suggestion.

Have a great day, and remember, its people like you that are responsible for our fading freedom.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
A point seemingly missed is that looking at it in a book and actually doing it is two different things,,,,snares,fish traps,skinning an animal,building a shelter,etc....women CAN do things...and some do...but men actually,more often,go out and do these things for fun...and therefore have the skills....likewise military/combat experience....I know there are a few women who grew up/have lived/do live on farms and ranches...and a few who were partnered/married to men who showed them how to hunt/fish....but on the whole,as the poster says,is that women are going to be far less prepared to survive than men in a nut cutting situation..how many "City Girls",attorneys,corporate exec's,bank managers etc can expect to run out of a New York in their heels and snare supper?...what they choose to do about it is up to them.......hooking up with someone else is just good sense....its impossible to sleep and stand watch at the same time....and having someone to watch your back while you filter water,gut a rabbit or gather firewood isnt a bad deal either....its going to be a perosnal choice....my wife was a decent enough deer hunter,(compliments to her Dad) when I met her...she needed some polishing on her more obscure outdoor skills but she had a great groundwork base....but I can say that hardly a high percentage of Americas women fit that model.....and going to Books-a-Million and getting a Boy Scout Handbook and running down to REI for a bckpack isnt going to sut it

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wildoracle13

I happen to agree wholeheartedly with you. On average the women who frequent this board aren't the ones that Saltdog is referring to. They are the ones you referred to in your post. The kind who break down hysterically if they break a nail. Typically the ones on this forum are like a good Leatherman tool and the ones Saltdog wants to grow up and understand the possible future wouldn't know a multtool unless its name was Gucci. Even then they wouldn't know how to use it for more than an accessory.

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I know this is an older thread but I'd like to add my 2 cents worth.
In a post collapse situation I believe women would be at much greater risk than men.
Men are usually perceived as stronger and consumers and would come under attack less often for several reasons:
1. Perceived as more formidable
2. Having less to take (guys typically use up everything women usually store up things)
3. Usually not desired for sex (but remember Deliverance !!)
Women usually are perceived as weaker and therefore a less formidable opponent. Even the capable women that frequent this forum would come under attack more often weakening them and using up weapons to the point that they would actually become vulnerable.
I don't mean to belittle women but having a few strong men about could deter some problems even if the women are the ones that shoot straight , kick butt , and take names!!

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tiretool
I know this is an older thread but I'd like to add my 2 cents worth.
In a post collapse situation I believe women would be at much greater risk than men.
Men are usually perceived as stronger and consumers and would come under attack less often for several reasons:
1. Perceived as more formidable
2. Having less to take (guys typically use up everything women usually store up things)
3. Usually not desired for sex (but remember Deliverance !!)
Women usually are perceived as weaker and therefore a less formidable opponent. Even the capable women that frequent this forum would come under attack more often weakening them and using up weapons to the point that they would actually become vulnerable.
I don't mean to belittle women but having a few strong men about could deter some problems even if the women are the ones that shoot straight , kick butt , and take names!!

This does appear to be true.
Its good to hear your thoughts on it.
Thanks for your reply...I hope that we never find out.

posted on Jan, 17 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This is a good question. But my thinking is that it all depends on where and how you were raised. I am a New England girl who married a west coast guy. I was raised around hunting, shooting and living without luxuries. As a family we took hunters safety and my husband declared he could never kill an elk or deer. My thought was wouldn’t it be great to have fresh venison. I realize that your question basically refers to the mall rats/materialist type of girl who has never gotten her hands dirty, those girls aren’t going to do well. But if it is a single mother, then watch out, she will protect and provide for her children at all costs. Women are social and they are more apt to bond and get creative whereas men do the caveman thing, wanting to be the leader.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32 >>

join