It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a question for all you single women in a shtf....

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Trust No One.

Helpless women are the perfect honeypot to get you to open your trust ... then boom - the big (bigger then you) animal who is really with the honeypot hiding around the corner comes and mangles you and takes your stuff.

be ready to shoot the pair of them IMH. be aware of all the classic tricks - think with the big head not the little one.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
LOL.

This whole topic makes me think of a dating site for "Post apocalyptic and Lonely Ladies"
Instead of whit, charm and that rad mustang you might drive, the top qualifications might be;
"Burly, good with shotgun, kepd 90% of my wimmin alive the past two seasons."

I think that single ladies will be grouping up, and finding some stud to protect them rather quickly. Either that, or rolling each and every "heroic guy" who thinks he's stumbled into a harem.

On-the-other-hand, married women will be hampered and slowed down gathering old photos, useless survival gear (because someone is going to steal it anyway on the cold, desperate road), and dragging kids and husband in tow. In my family, leaving the house takes 300% more time than when I was a bachelor.

Some guys are so intimidated by women who stay independent -- do you really think that planning for post-apocalypse survival is going to make more ladies settle down? By a show of hands, how many available, young ladies even read this blog?

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I'm sure all you "strong, independent women" feminist brainwashed by the media will take over the world. Just like in the Dark Ages, which is what a SHTF scenario is a return to. Women were running the world then, telling the men what to do, not being kidnapped raped and murdered and only surviving if they had men to protect them. Armies of women were rampaging through the country, and other women were protecting their families from them.

Oh, wait....

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
We have a female ( Cecilie Skog ) who is going to paddle from Canada (Ellesemere Island 4. June that is just in a few days from now) to the North pole together with Rune Gjeldnes. This trip will take them approximately 55 days. Most of the time they will hope to camp on drift ice as they get closer to the pole. But in the beginning they will probably be sleeping in their Kayaks.

Cecilie has on her own walked to the North pole, south pole without assistance. Climbed Mount Everest and K2.

She would probably make some of you guys look like bragging wimps.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I am a single lady and I certainly don't feel I would miss having a Man by my side in a SHTF situation. I was grown in a farm, I am currently living in a self sufficient environment, and I am perfectly cabable of taking care of myself.

Women are just as cabable as men. I am surprised if someone living in the western world is still carrying this old idea that women can't look after themselves. I don't mean to be rude, I do respect your concern.

Yes, men can cause trouble to single women, but the question is if you have SOMEONE to help you in such a situation - that doesn't need to be another man!

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by PukanaLa

I am a single woman but will go down fighting. I have a few guns and a rifle and plenty of ammo and I do know how to shoot every gun I have.You will not see me out roaming around should the SHTF, I will stay put until I can`t anymore and run out of ammo or food. I live very close to an old military base that has been decommissioned if need be I would head there, not very far.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
As I alluded to on page 29 there are reasons other than self sufficiency or marksmanship that would place a woman, ANY woman in a very disadvantageous position were the S really to HTF. Not the least of which is the relative ease of enslaving a woman. Even if there were 2 women, or twenty, the sheer brute force a man has in his upper body can't be substituted for.

My advice is, if you're a woman without a man, is to run and hide. It happens to be my advice to men as well. The posters that reference the dark ages as a comparison are only half right. It'd be more like Road Warrior at first, and then, God forbid, more like The Road.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by livefreeordieinnh

While I agree that men are generally stronger than women, a women can train in Martial Arts etc to compensate. I have seen relatively small women bring a larger man down using simple pressure points. I know what you're saying though. Actually I would want to have men around IF I knew I could trust them. However, as you can see in most of the posts by men (NOT all), there are men who are hostile towards women, so I would fear most men. Like i said, I think I would form a "Community"....and everyone, including myself, would have to pull their weight and be totally trustworthy or they are OUT. In this time and place, I am very compassionate and give second and sometimes third chances....but people would be forced to change in that kind of scenario. They would HAVE to. Compassion would be seen as weakness....so second chances could not be given. Man, I hope it never comes to this....

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I have read and see that several women here are ready and able to be just fine in a SHTF...Thats great, there are those that aren't, I hope that you are all able to help eachother and make it to the other side without to much pain and hardship.

There are some guys that are straight up dickheads and would do ill will to many of you...men and women alike...those are the ones that you need to watchout for....you know the people that say I will shoot you and take your stuff or hey I will eat the dead people in the street...come on these are dumb idiots that are talking out there ass cause there mouth knows better.

My words of advice to everyone man and woman...is to stack it high and stack it deep.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

That's right...thank you for that! I think it all boils down to a will to survive and the discipline it takes both mentally and physically. I really believe the "Mad Max" scenario is not that far fetched. Scary stuff.

posted on May, 23 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Thanks for your comment....and all your posts on my tread.
I agree with you about it being near, I would hate to be a sheep and wake up after its way to late....

happy prepping.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

Really! It's just good to be prepared for anything at anytime. You're welcome...I've been enjoying this thread, despite the few rude posts LOL!.It has really made me think of things I never cosidered before.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Thats great, then I did what I wanted to do...I got people to think and do what they need to to prepare....
we all have weak areas in our preps and hopefully it will help strenghten there weak links ...so to speak.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
reply to post by livefreeordieinnh

While I agree that men are generally stronger than women, a women can train in Martial Arts etc to compensate. I have seen relatively small women bring a larger man down using simple pressure points. I know what you're saying though. Actually I would want to have men around IF I knew I could trust them. However, as you can see in most of the posts by men (NOT all), there are men who are hostile towards women, so I would fear most men. Like i said, I think I would form a "Community"....and everyone, including myself, would have to pull their weight and be totally trustworthy or they are OUT. In this time and place, I am very compassionate and give second and sometimes third chances....but people would be forced to change in that kind of scenario. They would HAVE to. Compassion would be seen as weakness....so second chances could not be given. Man, I hope it never comes to this....

Tru story, when I was first taking aikido it was after years and years of PKA Tae Kwon Do. In the class there was a little 96 pound woman that was tossing 300 pound guys around. It can be done. But as I illustrated to the 2 Dan instructor you can't really can't compare Aikido vs Tae Kwon Do. I can put on gloves and foot pads and spar with you and you'll toss me around. But take off the pads and put the threat of shattering your jaw and knocking out half your teeth in one punch and it's a whole different scenario.

You see, the threat of the sheer damage from a punch changes the fight dynamics without even actually having to have been hit. You know what a punch will do and you compensate for it by running the hell away.

The actual threat of a fully grown man in fully Rwanda genocide mode is a little too much. It ain't karate class. Couple this with the fact that a man is faster, bigger, stronger, and more gifted in problem solving and spatial thinking, and WAY more likely to engage in insane violent homicidal behavior, and it doesn't compute that women will be able to fend for themselves. Not with bands of ex-Blackwater merc armies with night-vision and M32 launchers. Truth is the main weapon of the people will be rocks. Even an old fat man can throw a baseball about 70 mph. How hard can women throw?

I get what you're saying, I really do. In specific instances a woman can overcome a man. In the aggregate, no way. It's not that women are weak or anything. Exactly the opposite. I'm not denigrating women, I'm indicting men.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltdog
How many women here are without a man in a SHTF? I mean you have no husband, dad, grandpa, uncle, or guy friend that will be there for you ...if times get tough?
I ask because the way this world is headed, it could be a bumpy road ahead....I know that some of you ladies don't need or want a man...thats fine, but do you have a group or support network to help you when the chips are down?

I ask this because there seems to be a lot of guys out there that seem to be jerks and for your safety I would hope that you have someone that you can count on....

I just read lights out today and it got me thinking about women going to get items needed from the store or even if you have to go out into a unsecure area in a SHTF and what extra precautions you might need to take if your at it alone.

How many here have thought about these things or are wishing that they had a male to be that protection or rock in which you can stand in times of trouble?

I have men in my life that I can count on but if I became seperated from them my main goal wouldn't be to find another man to replace them. I would be looking for a group of people. I think being a young women alone would be very dangerous (even if the girl was a martial arts expert... what is she going to do if 20 men attack her at once?)... even a guy and girl alone would be dangerous.... I would be looking for a group, I think humans survive better in groups then on their own or in pairs.
Honestly I would be very scared alone by myself
edit on 30-5-2011 by inanna1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by inanna1234

I agree with you, that's what I would try to do. Find a group of people, it would also be handy because there would be skills in a group of people.

anyway, just watch out for stealthy, I plan to stay clear in a SHTF moment. You just might live that bit longer

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by David291
reply to post by inanna1234

I agree with you, that's what I would try to do. Find a group of people, it would also be handy because there would be skills in a group of people.

anyway, just watch out for stealthy, I plan to stay clear in a SHTF moment. You just might live that bit longer

What's stealthy?

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32 >>

join