This is a question for all you single women in a shtf....

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
reply to post by PaganArchangel

Yes, if you're close to the Canadian border, you need to push yourself as far north as possible... most of the population here is near the US border (it's a wee bit warmer). The farther north, the less people, the more bush, and the more wildlife.

I laugh at these threads where everyone is talking about mating up like as if there's going to be any time for that kind of crap. Chopping wood and stocking up on food to last the winter is a full time job up here. With the kind of temperatures we get, you do not want to be out in the bush for hours on end waiting/hoping for a buck to saunter by.

Haha, sooo true.
A couple of winters back it got so cold in Northern BC that the instant I walked outside my eyelashes froze, my breathing became instantly slower due to the cold air, and it took me 5 minutes to walk to my car. I think my blood instantly thickened haha.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Envious

Just the fact that you post an ignorant statement like that shows how insecure you are...Your screen name says it all!
edit on 5/21/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)
edit on 5/21/2011 by StealthyKat because: toned down

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
That girl up there is so cute i can hardly notice her burly pit hairs.

Star for that!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Sorry I haven't replied alot to posts, although I wanted to get in the discussion more, just letting everyone know Im not a troll, just my mom is in the hospital, only getting 91% of the required 98 of oxygen into her lungs. Stayed up all night in the hospital, I came home to reboot and let my dad take a turn, she's doing better though, she's a fighter. ( I will knock on wood a sickening amount of times now for saying that.)

Just wanted to stop by and skim through the posts and just wanna say our fellow female posters on her are beautiful, wow.

Yall keep it real, and shout out a prayer if you don't mind, and even if you don't believe in God, a good karma shout out, would be awesome.

Josh

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaosMagician

Star for that!
In "Bachelor Party" Tom Hanks tells his propective FIL"yes,we want to start a family right away...theres this 17 yr old Koren girl Ive had my eye on"..I could see taking in a refugee or two under certain circumstances...isnt that what all the hoo-haa is about?.Helping people in a crisis?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg

Star for that!
In "Bachelor Party" Tom Hanks tells his propective FIL"yes,we want to start a family right away...theres this 17 yr old Koren girl Ive had my eye on"..I could see taking in a refugee or two under certain circumstances...isnt that what all the hoo-haa is about?.Helping people in a crisis?

welll....

If you have a willing and frightened Japanese lady in your communications that wants out of her situation and would like to visit you for your kind and courteous generosity with no strings attached and nothing out of the way expected unless a deeper friendship resulted and if not, she could still appreciate your help while getting on her feet and on with her life.... there is nothing wrong with that. maybe for your temporary but open ended assistance she could lavish you with some Japanese cuisine.

Unfortunately this is probably not what is actually happening in these circumstances at all. I saw a white man and a young lovely Japanese woman walking in the storea nd she turned the corner and looked at me and say "Oh, Hiii...Hello"... as if she said this to everyone with a smile on her face.

I knew that people in japan are often very friendly so i wondered if she was new to the states, and then the man said to her "don't walk so fast, what are you stopping for, what are you doing?".... as if he was trying to control her every action.... and i thought "oh, dear god I hope this poor lady didn't hook up with that guy on the internet because she was desperate to leave japan and has gotten herself into a fix with a demanding man"

in ANY ase.... both parties should make their intentions KNOWN FOR HEAVEN SAKE!

All is fine until you start lying about your intentions.... oh dear god, poor unsuspecting women.... I'm not saying all, but you know someone in this world is being taken advantage of right now. It could be some poor girl or it could be some overly generous man who accepts the only friendship possibility and just wants to help and maybe hope for a new friend and gets robbed blind.

just be careful.... nothing wrong with making new friend even in hard times. If a person could help a refugee simply because they have a place to stay and frequent flyer miles to burn.... hey, great!.... that is helping... it really is, even if secretly you are thinking "wow, she is hot" and if things go REALLY great...maybe you have made a REALLY good friend, but live and let live. If you set out to help, then you should be satisfied and feel good just knowing you helped a frightened person in a hard time.... and that is how you need to be prepared to look at it.... live, let live, let life unfold, but no one said you can't be creative and opportunistic if your intentions are pure.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
some ladies i'm sure would facilitate with some extra special attention but still, you have to lay down the terms out in the open as to what you expect because i KNOW that many a man are thinking about those fine little Japanese girls right now. i know it's happening.... it doesn't have to be an ugly thing. If you are deceptive, it WILL be.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg

Star for that!
Geeze...I was just kidding...take tounge-in-cheek humor for what it is....Im neither a kidnapper or a rapist...I have an 8 yr old daughter to care for....lighten up folks

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Good topic- I like the replies on this one! I'm a recently divorced woman, still youthful in most respects. No brothers and my father died several years ago. There are a few men I know through business relationships and local community who might be helpful if and when things go off the edge... But- I'm getting my firearms license and some lessons and I'm better than most at self-sufficiency and staying away from dangerous crowds. (By the way- I'm used to being around guns- my father was a gunsmith and machinist- it's just that until now I just hadn't gotten around to getting much practical experience with them myself. I'm not fancying myself Girl Rambo or anything silly like that.)

I expect that as things develop I'll be making more good friends and alliances, and I do hope some of them are men! What really needs to be said here is that it isn't true that "men are helpful" in a general sense, it matters entirely WHAT men we're talking about!! A useless guy hanging around is worse than being alone. Same goes for women, too, guys-- better to be alone that with the wrong woman.

How do you think I'll do in the coming crisis?????

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

sorry for sounding like a NOOB.

but what is "SHTF"

# hits the fan?

edit on 21/5/2011 by Ashyr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashyr
reply to post by saltdog

sorry for sounding like a NOOB.

but what is "SHTF"

# hits the fan?

edit on 21/5/2011 by Ashyr because: (no reason given)

# hit the fan

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Envious
Topic is starting to piss me off.

Hate seeing such high spirited women

YOU WOMEN WILL FAIL! You can not survive. So many big scary men will come after at night. Guns can't save you ladies. There is no hope. HOPE IS AN ILLUSION LADIES. YOU CAN'T WIN. WHY KEEP TRYING?

This thread is still going!

Actually dude I am sure they will do just fine even with all the primal things going on by men. They will probably gravitate toward those groups of men anyways, and let nature do the rest. After all it ain't that hard for females to find some male eventually to attach to, as to get her way's, and they will even put up with a lot of "things" that they say they would never do or put up with from even the most brutal and controlling of males if it gets them there way and social landing's.

If you look at it from a historical point of view, you could say its always been that way. From the time of caves and cavemen females gravitated to the ones who were the biggest and basest and most likely to survive. Then in the time of villages they gravitated toward the biggest and most powerful villages. Till the time of city states such as the Greek city states, they gravitated toward the most powerful of them. To the time of empire states such as Rome females gravitated toward Rome like flies to fire. To todays world it's pretty much the same old thing no matter were or scenery they will gravitate toward it, it's all a matter of survival and power, and thats what they gravitate toward no matter the age or what guise survival and power wear, or what they say or anybody says.

Infact me thinks the worse thing that could happen to them even the ones who seem to know a thing or two about some of the base survivals in the sticks, is that if the male types were to be a lot less of them around. Because then who would do everything that really matters?

Oh then we would be seeing chaos in these all female groups, or even mostly female groups. I have never seen or heard of a group of females that can be coordinate or get along for long periods of time and especially if tshtf, for them to achieve anything, and whatever group of females out there when tshtf they would probably turn on each other and cannibalize each other, both because of there subverting natures and actual cannibalism wouldn't surprise me.

So all in all there is a reason why we never seen a all female or female based civilization out there even in the myths such as the Amazons they never last and turn on each other, it's in there nature, if there is no intermediary such as males types then they wont last long and it would be crazy. The worst outcome would probably be when they cant depend on the millions and millions of years of nature and programing of male types to get males to do stuff for them, and they will actually have to do stuff, and try not to be at each others throat by the end of the month, if there group survives that long that is.

Now that I think about it somebody needs to do an experiment to see how far a group of females would actually last by themselves in a simulated shtf scenario. Or at least one of them fake reality shows they always put up on the TV, kind of like survival island only all female. If nothing else it would at least be funny as hell watching it and it would definitely bring in ratings with all the backstabbing and cat-scratching and attempted subverting that will be going on, after the initial acting and trying to smooth there way around things that females usually do, it would be chaos unfolding and who knows what else, I would think.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Envious
post removed by staff

You're funny!

Those "big scary men" will likely get stacked up like cord wood. That's cool, though - it leaves more resources for me. Lemme know where your first attack will be, so I can be there when they divide up your stuff...

That's assuming you don't starve to death through forgetting to gather and eat while you're on your quest...

edit on Sun May 22 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaganArchangel
In a SHTF, how long do any of you think you might be able to stay continuously awake? As one who experiences habitual insomnia..I am curious. The longest I have ever stayed awake was three days. How about you guys?

I've only stayed continually awake for around 3 days, or maybe just a couple hours longer. I can survive and thrive for extended periods on "cat naps" of anywhere from 2 min to 20 hours, once a day or so. Last night I went to bed at 03:30, got back up at 04:30, and slept maybe 20 minutes of that, tossed and turned and tried to get comfortable the rest of it, then went and worked a 12 hour shift today. Now I'm back here.

Busy day, what with that rapture thing going on, and then had to stop and get a pack of smokes and a sammich afterwards. Busy busy busy.
I took my binoculars to work, but never saw the first flyin' nun. Really, I work out in the middle of nowhere, but there IS a church nearby, complete with graveyard, so it's nothing short of astounding that I didn't get to see any flying people or reanimated corpses or something, ANYTHING, out of the ordinary.

Spent most of the day working out how to get about a 30 pound snapping turtle who has developed a taste for mallard ducklings out of a pond, in between patrols. It's a lot easier to get 'em if you can catch them already out on land - you just step in the middle of their shell to immobilize them, then grab 'em by the tail and hold 'em out away from you where they can't get ya until you've had a chance to deal with 'em proper. If you kill 'em while they're still in the water, they just sink to the bottom like a rock, and they're lost to you. That pond is around 7 feet deep, and I wasn't about to go in after him.

It's a dog's life, but it keeps me off the streets and out of trouble.

Another 12 hour shift tomorrow, so I'm guessing I might be able to hit two hours snoozin' sometime in the overnight before I get up and go again. I'm pretty low maintenance.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by saltdog

Well I am not a single woman but if TSHTF I will be because I'll take the opportunity of the chaos to kill his sorry butt!!!!

And then I will survive because I know no meaner B**** than me! And resourceful, I am very resourceful!

In the depth of every memorable joke, there lies a seed of truth -- lets hope this seeds does not find the nutrients it needs to grow, for you shall shadow the precise reasons for the loathing of your sex...

Did I just see you say you were married, and that if the SHTF, you would be the first person to take the opportunity to kill him -- because he's sorry?

That's pretty grimm, Love.... one can only hope this was sincerely a joke... if there was any feelings that could seriously advocate this thought process, I implore you to get a divorce.... STAT.

(Sorry, I'm feeling poetic on this fine night once pegged as the "rapture.")
edit on 21-5-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join