It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a question for all you single women in a shtf....

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
35 flags? Really?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I would ask that you refrain from such action. Not only will the area stink to the high but the disease that follows because of such action would put everything to risk. I understand the reason but do you think you could remove the head and place them on sticks or in trees and burn the bodies. I think this would serve the same purpose.

Ahh...barbarism with an eco-friendly twist....

Still would smell though, you'd have to shellac them or something.

(I wonder if a former effects artist would actually put up fake heads to scare people away...)???

Nah. I'd drag 'em out to the compound entrance and stack 'em up like cord wood instead of putting out a welcome mat. Crude, but effectively gets the message across. If the compound entrance is close enough that you can still smell 'em, it's just too close for good security - can't clear a wide enough field of fire if it's that close on ya.

I can tell you for sure that I'd pass up any place that had a stack of bodies at the gate. Might be friendlier folks on down the road - or at least worse shots!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by IPILYA
reply to post by Advantage

I've read enough of your posts to understand your humor.

Unfortunately there are animal rights people that inevitably will break into the zoos and release the animals. I fear it will be more than just coyotes and buzzards.

They can all be eaten, although most of them don't really taste like chicken.

Some taste just like Bald Eagle.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Being mean has nothing to do with being able to survive. A world such as one that would be created by an event like the thread suggests and you will need skill sets 90 percent of the people do not have. And miss your husband could be thinking the same thing about you. It sound's like he would be better off, in fact If he did.

As far as the question goes. I suggest all women REALLY think about the question he poses as most modern independent women that have no need for a man will find themselves slaves, to some horrible war lord or buried in a shallow grave.

Happily this marine has a stunning wonderful wife that can out shoot most men and we are happily married. I suggest you all do yourself a favor and find a good manly man, Now I know most will say there are hardly any out there. Well I was single once and here is a news flash there also very few desirable women out there as well. I'm not trying to be rude. I'm simply being blunt.
edit on 5/20/2011 by JerryB08 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
I found this thread to be both amusing and frightening.
Don't get me wrong, I like a woman that can shift into "warrior mode." What's frightening is the whole sudden "split" some of you ladies are portraying. It's like, if I - a man - were walking about in the wilderness looking for food, and happened to come across a gang of women sitting by a fire eating a moose or something, should I run away or speak up and ask for help.
Well, being taken prisoner might result in death by snu snu at least.

Rule of thumb - if they're eating the moose, RUN! It means they probably killed it. If the moose is eating them, it may be safe to approach, just not to close... the moose may be eying YOU next, but it's safer to approach a lone homicidal moose than a roving pack of women who have learned to hunt as a pack well enough to bring down a moose.

As for this whole topic, reproduction should be the last thing on any sensible person's mind, but there's nothing wrong with embracing one another, especially when it's cold. Personally, given the choice, I'd rather hold onto a woman than a big fella named Steve.

I dunno, man. Probably safest just to hug your own knees, and silently rock back and forth... for hours on end... preferably in a corner...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Why don't you all stop trying to set yourselves up with a piece of
p*%$@ in a SHTF scenerio and tell them the truth? Yes there are
many many capable women out there that are smarter, faster and
emotionally stronger than men However, pound for pound men are
simply more physically powerful than women.

Women will need to be armed to the teeth in such a scenerio simply
for the fact that children almost alway's go with their mothers.
yes, men will be around for them (maybe) and they may make such
a situation worse if women are not careful. Ladies, you will need to
choose the correct men for your needs (as many needs as possible)
don't be fooled by bull#. your problem will be getting the men to
provide the support you need without having to "give it up" if you are
not inclined to do so, prepare accordingly.

edit on 20-5-2011 by Mr. D because: spelling

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
argh, woops useless post.

edit on 20-5-2011 by eathis because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JudasIscariot

And look at all the helpless ladies that came in unaware... Including you two. Dissapointed? lol

Please.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
wow...this thread took a rather comical tone!

thanks nanethu...lol!
edit on 20-5-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr. D

I know I will be portrayed as sexist however I was in the military with lots of women and there are very
good reasons why they aren't in combat (for the most part). While there are some women that have the genetics of men, They would probably do fine. lol thankfully there's not that many It's not like the movies ladies.

As far as women bonding together an forming no men communities you have watched way too many movies. Women can't agree on anything. Good luck with that. What man would want to enter one? lol They also tend to let irrelevant details torture them into indecision and inaction.

I'm not suggesting details aren't important.However no battle plan survives the first contact intact.

Chances are there won't be a scenario like the ones everybody is suggesting so I doubt there's anything to worry about. Just your earthquakes, major floods and such. Which those are happening now so.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by saltdog

Well I am not a single woman but if TSHTF I will be because I'll take the opportunity of the chaos to kill his sorry butt!!!!

And then I will survive because I know no meaner B**** than me! And resourceful, I am very resourceful!

LOL...? It's funny, but... WOW. Scary. VERY SCARY. Imagine this is your woman saying these things... You might not make it to a SHTF situation.

But heck, we all knew women were the meanest things ever created. Just kidding, but after reading this post, us dudes should be asking the opposite of the OP, we should be wondering if us *men* are sure to have *WOMEN* around to protect *us!* Suddenly, I find myself SCARED. VERY, VERY DEEPLY... SCARED. Idyserenity, you just destroyed a dream.... (sniffle)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by JerryB08

As far as the question goes. I suggest all women REALLY think about the question he poses as most modern independent women that have no need for a man will find themselves slaves, to some horrible war lord or buried in a shallow grave.

I'm sure you would like to see that.

Originally posted by JerryB08

Happily this marine has a stunning wonderful wife that can out shoot most men and we are happily married. I suggest you all do yourself a favor and find a good manly man, Now I know most will say there are hardly any out there. Well I was single once and here is a news flash there also very few desirable women out there as well. I'm not trying to be rude. I'm simply being blunt.

I'm glad that your wife can out shoot most men - that will come in handy if you have to leave for one thing or another and do not return. I do hope you have made arrangement for her to be kept by another manly man if that happens because she will be ALONE, just like the independent females that you seem to dislike..
That is very possible in a SHTF situation. In life there are no absolute guarantees only reasonable assumptions and even more so in a SHTF situation.

Morbid curiousity on the progression of this thread got the best of me; however I see we still have the #2's still freely posting *sigh*
edit on 20-5-2011 by PaganArchangel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by pimpinette

On a more serious note: this constant repetition in this thread about rape, it really builds on the notion that women don't want to have sex. I personally know quite a few who enjoy it, with the right person. Don't think that will change in post apocalyptic times.

In all seriousness, studies have shown that the sex drive increases in dangerous times. Something about a subconscious urge to propagate the species through uncertainty and in the face of certain extinction.

That's one of the reasons I'm stayin' away from wimmin if it hits the fan. It's a trap, I tell ya! A fella doesn't need all that distraction when disaster is bearin' down on him! No tellin' what might be sneaking up behind him when he's otherwise occupied!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

What you saw on TV were the entitlement people that were warned more than once and then refused to leave.
I'm surprised your on here, If you believe everything you watch on TV. Also they couldn't force out US citizens from their homes and they didn't. In the united states that's called illegal. They did however disarm many people and got sued. That won't happen again. (I hope)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. D
Yes there are many many capable women out there that are smarter, faster and emotionally stronger than men However, pound for pound men are simply more physically powerful than women.

You'd best whisper that to your 'nads... nightly. THEY'RE the ones you have to convince that they can feel no pain!

Keep in mind that "physical power" don't always take the cookie!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Whoa dude! Come on out of that cave of yours. There's nothing you can do that they can't, aparte from those things diredtly associated with reproductive physiology. Plus females have the added advantage of our societiy's archaic perception of them and the advantage of being the object of male sexual desires.
Everybody needs help when times get tough, women are no exception. Though I do expect a return to certain chauvanistic attitudes after the apocalypse. There is a reason why evolution came up with these attitudes, it's not just men being ignorant and women being victims.

link   
reply to post by PaganArchangel

Very true and If I were killed I wouldn't want her to be alone. Except she wouldn't be alone. We have a cabin in the mountains where hers and my extended family would be. She grew up in the mountains hunting with all her brothers. A whole lot of rifles and a extreamly protective 150lb Dogue de Bordeaux.

link   

Originally posted by ahmonrarh
wow...this thread took a rather comical tone!

thanks nanethu...lol!
edit on 20-5-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

It's a deadly serious thing, but there's so much dreck a-flyin' that it appears folks are almost universally over-estimating or under-estimating, and I'll tell ya true, that'll be the death of 'em. Women are not as helpless as they let on, and it looks like some fellas are fooled by the act. By the same token, some of these bear-huntin' wimmin may be laying it on a bit thick, and I'm convinced they're doing that just to lull the men folk into a false sense of security - "oh, look at the li'l woman talking all rough and tough. Ain't that cute?" meanwhile, while you're all amused and everything, they'll GIT you, sure as you're born!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer

reply to post by saltdog

Well I am not a single woman but if TSHTF I will be because I'll take the opportunity of the chaos to kill his sorry butt!!!!

And then I will survive because I know no meaner B**** than me! And resourceful, I am very resourceful!

LOL...? It's funny, but... WOW. Scary. VERY SCARY. Imagine this is your woman saying these things... You might not make it to a SHTF situation.

But heck, we all knew women were the meanest things ever created. Just kidding, but after reading this post, us dudes should be asking the opposite of the OP, we should be wondering if us *men* are sure to have *WOMEN* around to protect *us!* Suddenly, I find myself SCARED. VERY, VERY DEEPLY... SCARED. Idyserenity, you just destroyed a dream.... (sniffle)
Maybe she was joking around in her post, because to be honest, the OP is a joke, a female bashing joke.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer

reply to post by saltdog

My roomate tells me that, straight to my face, and about 3 times a day. She's probably being serious as a heart attack, too. It's not really all that scary, but it keeps me on my toes.... and makes me sleep a bit lighter than maybe I ought to... I mean, look, it's the middle of the night here where I am, and I'm sitting on the internet rather than going to sleep.... 'nuff said!

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join