It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a question for all you single women in a shtf....

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I have to ask this...what is IM?
Is it something that I already know,or
something I should learn?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
.....Even though I hate violence, there would be no choice then. I hope it never comes to that....because I must admit it would make me sad.

Fortunately? Unfortunately? I have no aversion to violence as long as I approve the cause. (And I am highly principled, it does matter to me that one only use violence against those who are likely to do more harm if left alive) One of my first memories of quality time with my dad was of him teaching me how to break the bridge of someones nose and then drive the bone up into their brain. I was raised to fight, in a culture in which fighting even for females was a "norm" and while I hate with passion those who use violence against the weak and the powerless, I have no aversion whatsoever against using violence to remove those people from the group.

And to Cuervo, anyone with a family, would not be someone I would consider a real threat. Packs of males traveling together alone are very different than males in mixed groups. Even in the primate world, groups of young males are dangerous. And clearly in human terms they are too. (Gangbangers, etc.) Individual men I would watch, I wouldnt just shoot them for no good reason. Im not a jerk. But if they seemed anti social, or a bully, or otherwise dangerous, it isnt even a question. I think the species is better off without people who abuse the weak and powerless, and I wouldnt even blink an eye.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

I don't think there are any men left that are not just looking for a mother figure, someone to take care of them.
They depend on us to keep it all together.

I enjoy having men friends, but I do not have to have a man to surivive and I feel sorry for any woman that thinks she can't make it without one.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Ah this thread shows a good example of why it would be better to try to avoid a shtf scenario, don't get me wrong ladies I am sure lots would be more then capable in surviving in some situations, but theory and facts are two different things.

And I personally wouldn't want to put my theory's on survival in a shtf situation to the test because even the best laid plans out there only last until first contact. Or as Mike Tyson put it when he was talking about his opponents boxing strategy's "everybody's got a plan till they get hit".

And some of the theories that I see on this thread here would not last even before the SHTF came, much less when the fact of it makes contact with reality. Personally I would want to deal with legions of zombies in the zombie Apocalypse/shtf then females in a shtf scenario, "it would give me a lot less headaches" Other then that... "cant we all just get along"

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Yea I'm just kidding.
Yes I am a mean miserable wretch!

That's OK, we still love you... but please, ma'am, step AWAY from the firearm...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I don't at all understand how the OP uses the abbrev. SHTF
Should you say when SHTF or in a SHTF scenario
perhaps I am misunderstanding

but it's great to see many women here act strong, but at the end of the day your strenght is greatly misplaced.

Remember New Orleans during the flood?
Rape everywhere, sorry to be the one to say it

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

1 thinks instant messaging...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seiko

...and yes a single woman in the "wild" is just as threatening to you as a single man. When survival is on the line, you can lay your sexist ideas at the door.

"Just as threatening" as a man? I'd rather fight any 3 men as one woman. They'll drop you like a pole-axed steer in a heartbeat. They've got that whole maternal instinct/territorial thing going on, and are FAR more dangerous than men.

Nope, a single woman in the wild? I'd rather face a horde of zombies (after all, you can pretty much guess the zombies' motivations - they just want BRAINS!) than a single woman in the wild. I'll run like hell.

Discretion IS the better part of valor!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Illusion...you are the voice of reason. I do have a soft heart, but when it comes to protecting my life or those I care about, I think I could be as ruthless as a wild animal. Because in a time like that it will be just the way it is. You would have to percieve the level of danger quickly. You know, now that I think about it, a man with a family would be pretty desperate...to feed and protect his kids. I would help a family though if I was sure there was no threat.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Instant message....someone said the OP was using this thread to pick up women (he's not)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

but it's great to see many women here act strong, but at the end of the day your strenght is greatly misplaced.

I like the way some people think its all an act.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

YUP .. and some of us mean bythches are armed and not only know how to use a weapon but also know how to reload ammo!! =^..^= purrrr rrr r rrrrrr r rrrrr rrrr I encourage ALL LADIES to at least take a local "conceal to carry" class at one of your local ranges to learn the basics (they usually supply the weapon for the classes) and maybe take some self-defense classes as well. Self defense classes are on my summer agenda.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hmmmm...I can see how the question can be taken the wrong way or suggests something that I think OP clarified...However, I really need my wife when the SHTF. We have completely different skill sets, and be them very stereotypical, they do compliment one another. Now if I were to not make it, I have tried to skill my wife in the area's she lacking. I do feel a concern for her and all single women. Men are pigs and they are prey for different reason than men. Even if the women are very capable, men normally are not too concerned / intimidated by women meaning they will be the target of more attacks. I like the OP am not trying to be offensive, I think that we care is why we ask.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well.

Dear me, this could have turned into a touchy issue, but OP, I like the way you worded things. I myself am getting married in July. (non-single female here
). So in at SHTF/TEOTWAWKI situation, I do ahve a buddy to fall back on. Him and I have talked many times about prepper/survivalist topics and that communication will also help as well.

I'd like to point out that people with the best of gear have not made it through "survival" situations. Why? Because half the battle is the right mindset. You need to have that "survival" instinct, the will to do pretty much whatever it takes to "make it out alive" as it were.

If, IF I were single and didn't have someone to fall back on...well, that would be a different situation entirely. I may not have the same skills and guidance that I have now, so it's hard to even speculate on. I will say that I would make sure I was an armed individual, and willing to kill for what is mine. I know that may sound severe, and I do NOT like the idea of killing someone, my morals and Christian background tell met that...but if it's either ME or THEM, I'm going to pick me.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kikikranx

Yup will tred lightly past femal compounds.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I live in New Orleans. The rapes and attacks went on in the Superdome, where foolish people gathered because they were told to. Herded like sheep and they obeyed. That's a recipe for disaster. I left before the storm.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

I like the way some people think its all an act.

I'd go one step further and say that the stereotypical "weak and demur" woman that has been dominating popular belief has been a subconscious conditioning that all women take part of so, when the time comes, all of us men will be taken completely off guard.

Dude: "Hello, maam, may I carry that bear carcass for you across that puddle so you don't get radioactive sludge on those new shih-tzu skin pumps?"

Chick: "Clack-clack-stabitystab-stab! That's what I thought!"

I fear for my future after reading this thread.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

Here you go Jag....GRITS (means "Girls Raised In The South")....we're just a little different
J'tame mon amiee!

edit on 5/19/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AmazonOfArtemis

Hand to hand combat, if you study martial arts, you should know that a 100lb person can take down a 250lb person with the right knowledge and skills. Add to that some weapon training and you'd have no problem fighting one on one. I don't think any of us are Lara Croft dreamers, it's about knowing your mind and body can be a productive powerful tool if trained properly, regardless of your gender.

Yes, that is possible. Although taking a punch from a 100 pound girl does not hurt as much as getting punched by a 250 lb man. I've watched the 100 pound girls at TKD and RGJJ class try to take down the big guys in class, it takes all they've got to budge them, and even then, the sparring opponent is not in a "do or die" situation and is "complying" with the takedown for the sake of the spar. You can preach all day that they are the same, but I know they aren't equal in strength or power. Unless you are taking PED's or HGH you are not going to be fighting like Cris "Cyborg" Santos.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by misnomer68

Weapons are a great equalizer. I know I could never fight a man.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join