It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Among The Truthers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I was listening to the radio today and I heard this guy on the Michael Medved show. Jonathan Kay. Who has a book out called Among The Truthers. Which basically attacks and demonizes conspiracy people in my opinion.(and I am proud to be called a conspiracy person) But he has supposedly traveled the land with different conspiracy theorist. Even though I wonder if he told them his true motives at the time. To I guess get a grasp on allthe conspiracies.

www.nytimes.com... /book-review-among-the-truthers-by-jonathan-kay.html

“Among the Truthers” is a remarkable book, not least because its author, Jonathan Kay, appears to have emerged with his sanity intact after immersing himself for several years in the wilder precincts of conspiracy theories about everything from President Obama’s birthplace to 9/11 to vaccines. Like a modern-day Gulliver, he has traveled widely and conducted numerous interviews to map what seems like every nook and cranny of the conspiracist universe. Yet Kay, an editor and columnist at the conservative Canadian newspaper The National Post, has not written a Swiftian satire on the foibles of humanity. Rather, he sounds alarms about what he depicts as a mounting paranoia inspired by an invisible and nefarious oligarchy.

Here are some of the things that triggered me during the radio interview that he said.

Normal people are intimidated by conspiracy people and that is why they don't like to discuss things with us. Becuase conspiracy people have a whole bunch of facts and a normal person isn;t a human google.

Hey says the most dangerous conspiracy is about health and the phramaceutical industry. Where a parent won;t get a vaccine for there child due to what they have heard about them. ANd then that child dies or gets a serious illness.

He talked about Richard Gage the leader of the 9/11 truth movement. And how he gave up his whole life for the movement. He was a repsected architect that went to work everyday. And now evere since hehas been a part of the truth movement he has lost his wife and has bad relations with his son.

I think the most interesting thing he said was conspiracy people see there conspiracy as some sort of religion. Thats why when presented with facts countering there conspiracy they rely on emotion.

May be if people find this interesting we can talk about that. I don;t see conspiracies as a religion.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

hes a dis info agent lol. But really hes a journalist who thinks that facts are to hard for "normal" people to research and so out of the kindness of his heart "bless him" we should take everything this man has said as utter truth. Poor guy had to interview people who knew more about a subject then him and like all morons he thought i should attack them because he feels they are not "normal people".
edit on 18-5-2011 by pcrobotwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

Do you feel that some people see there conspiracy as a religion?? Or do you think that is rubbish.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

conspiracy a religion lol thats more of a conspiracy then anything i have every heard and without evidence its just well conspiracy lol

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
To start with: No, I don't see conspiracy as a religion; that's the view of the ignorant, and that's what this "journalist" has proven himself to be.

One of the things that really bothers me, though, is that this guy spent several years in-depth in the subject and still walked away with the attitude he has--or that he pretends to have. I'm not sure he's being intellectually honest with himself. I think he went into it with the idea of selling books; and to do that he had to reject it all and, as writers do, "write" the story in his head as he went along. From the outset he had no other purpose in his heart but to reject it out-of-hand in the service of his book sales.

Probably a conspiracy there somewhere....

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Well I am wondering if he had an agenda already set and his mind made up already and said he y all these guys are crack pots let me just humor them. So I can do this book. But then again maybe not because seven years is a good amount of time to be spending on issues that youthink are crazy.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

hey is that guy dead in naruto or is he going to be found and pieced back together? im talking about your avatar.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

yea he gets pieced back together. thats why they call him the immortal. But he did get his head lopped off pretty cold didn;t he.

new topics

top topics

join