It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CGI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Is there any one on here with the qualifications to explain CGI?

I mean I find it hard that in this day and age...people cannot tell the difference between CGI and real.

This people are probably still going nuts over Jurassic Park...and asking questions on how they managed to breed dinosaurs and how they got to be on cue..

People on this site are constantly making asses of themselves and posting CGI youtube footage and asking if it real...and then refuting evidence when told it is CGI. They should just state that they consider it real and no amount of evidence will change their mind.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Explain it in what way? I've had training with lightwave 3d as an animator and have done some modeling work as well, it's not my primary profession.. I also do some work with adobe after effects..

It seems to me that even without those skills that it's easy to identify CG..

With after effects alone you can create lights that flash in the sky and do unusual things.. After effects also has a powerful image stabilizer and motion tracker built in to try to match your motion to the scene
edit on 18-5-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Here's a video that uses a CG UFO along with after effects to match the movement to the background.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

This Board has lots of folks with experience. For me - 5 years in film photography, followed by 11 years now at digital using Nikon equipment. 11 years using Photoshop and Illustrator. 7 years now in modeling and 3D using Lightwave, ZBrush, Carrara, Vue Infinite or XStream and more recently Silo and, and, and....................................

We are not being fooled, we just don't bother much with the silly threads while looking for threads with merit.

You new to this?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Here's another video .. this guy took just a still digital photo .. added camera shake, zoom and a 3d object which was stabilized to the photo so that it moved at the same time ( to match camera shake )

The point is to show you can create some pretty impressive stuff when you're just screwing around ... if you wanted to make a legit looking hoax, you could..

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Not new...just hoping someone would give a little instruction video for these...maroons....

Edited to say..."yes I know morons is spelled wrong...My favorite character says it that way"...Mr. B. Bunny ....so kiss my grits...

edit on 18-5-2011 by kerazeesicko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

I caught the joke

You see, many have tried over and over again to explain these things, but there are so many new members coming here it can't be done.

You have to be patient and because they don't have the knowledge you may have, does not mean they are "maroons"
Lead by example and take the reigns from those who have done their part and stopped posting. Educate rather than insisting they are stupid. Remember there was once a time when you were them.

Wisdom trumps knowledge every time. The number of people falling for the hoaxes seems to me to be less recently, but then we will get a new crop of members new to this. It's all good

I've done better since I adopted my new method for my angry days and I have too many of those. I click on reply, type my rant and then never post it. It gets it out of my system before I wrongly attack others. It kind of helps. It's an extension of what I do with irrational customers. After I hang up, I give the wall a piece of my mind and the wall does not mind.

new topics

top topics

join