It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 million dollar lotto winner still collecting food stamps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Well, if this story does not make you sick, nothing will...brief synopsis, the guy is on welfare/food stamps, still has money to buy lotto tickets...wins...and still collects state aid...proudly. That is the sad state, people are not only ok with hand outs, it's become an expectation.

news.yahoo.com...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I hope you know that when you win that big of a loto you get checks in the mail weekly/monthly

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
yeah...somone should have told him that if the jackpot is under $50 million, you don't take the lump sum.

hope he wrecks that Audi

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BigFrigginAl

Ahahahaha.. technically, it's true.. he can collect because he still doesn't actually make money. He just has money. There is a difference....

Funny story..

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Food stamps still, damn that guy is commited, but after all that money i wouldnt take # from the government, even without that money id rather go work 24/7 than have the government help me

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Detriot news - 2 mill lotto winner

A Michigan man who won $2 million in a state lottery game continues to collect food stamps 11 months after striking it rich.

And there's nothing the state can do about it, at least for now.

Leroy Fick, 59, of Auburn won $2 million in the state lottery TV show "Make Me Rich!" last June. But the state's Department of Human Services determined he was still eligible for food stamps, Fick's attorney, John Wilson of Midland, said Tuesday.

Eligibility for food stamps is based on gross income and follows federal guidelines; lottery winnings are considered liquid assets and don't count as income. As long as Fick's gross income stays below the eligibility requirement for food stamps, he can receive them, even if he has a million dollars in the bank.

Food stamps are paid for through tax dollars and are meant to help support low-income families.

I went on reading and it got interesting

ABC news lotto winner

Leroy Fick hit the jackpot.

The Michigan man won $2 million in the state lottery's "Make Me Rich" contest last June.

With the $850,000 he took home after taxes, Fick, 59, used his winnings to purchase a new home and a used Audi convertible. But to buy groceries, this lottery winner is still using his Bridge Card, Michigan's version of food stamps.

and it goes on

"He's not trying to cheat the state," said Fick's attorney, John Wilson. "Based on his income, he's eligible."

In fact, Fick said he contacted Michigan's Department of Human Services after his lottery win to ask if he could still use his Bridge Card.

"They said I could go ahead and keep the Bridge Card if I wanted to," said Fick.

So, he did.

"He specifically called the Department of Human Services and said, 'Can I still use the Bridge Card?' and they said, 'Yes,' because he is eligible," said attorney Wilson. "He's done everything right in the eyes of the law."

Videos...

WNem news

or you tubes

that is most of the story told so far..

on disability

getting foodstamps

wins 2 mill

attitude is it is his

the government told him regulations say it is
edit on 19-5-2011 by ripcontrol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
There is already a thread on this topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add your comments to the thread linked above.

Closed.

~Keeper

top topics

join