It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9-eyes.com Features Google Street View's Most Beautiful And Disturbing Images

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Here are some pretty neat and also some thought provoking images collected from google street view. The one of the old man seems odd to me as does the one with the kid hiding. The old man looks out of place and the kid looks scared to me. But the dog makes up for some of the others in the laugh department!! Some of the people caught in the cameras view just plain don't look like they belong there to me, anyone else get that felling as well? Perhaps more time travelers?

Google Maps with Street View says on its website that it "lets you explore places around the world through 360-degree street-level imagery. You can check out restaurants, visit neighborhoods, or plan your next trip." Or, if you are Jon Rafman, you can use the service to capture unique, unexpected, artistic and sometimes disturbing pictures of people in unusual settings. Rathman's website, 9-eyes.com, gathers the pictures, and is forming a cult following. Check out the pictures and tell us what you think. We have no idea how the suited man (or is it a mannequin?) ended up on a lonely, rural lane. Why is the boy hiding behind the garbage can? We have no idea about that, nor why the reindeer is running down the road, or why Rafman - who blurs every person's face - decided to blur the face of an elephant. But you'll find that and much more in the collection. Be warned: 9-eyes contains many flipped birds and shiny moons of a decidedly non-lunar variety. If you're all right with that and you have time to kill, you know where to head.

Link to article:
autos.aol.com...

Link to website hosting images:
9-eyes.com...

edit on 18-5-2011 by jaynkeel because: add comment

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I see stranger things on the street in real life every single day. Some of the pictures are pretty though.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The one with the old business man looks fake to me. As in photoshopped.
Maybe he did photoshop most of them. After all he did use something to blur the faces. So who knows. Thanks though.

Hopefully I don't get bashed...
edit on 18-5-2011 by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5

For legal purposes Google has to blur the images of peoples faces...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------

Anyone else see the one with big foot sitting in the lake?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeelSome of the people caught in the cameras view just plain don't look like they belong there to me, anyone else get that felling as well? Perhaps more time travelers?

Here's your time traveler.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/804d6b8f44fc.jpg[/atsimg]

On a serious note, I don't think any time-travelers were caught on Google Street View.
Any one smart enough to have the capability of time travel would avoid those pesky cars.
It's common protocol, duh!

edit on 18-5-2011 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by unfndqlt

I will have to check that out because I know I was caught on street view in my backyard not sure if my face is blurred out though.

Edit: Yep looked at it again and I must have been too far away because you can't make out my features although not blurred out through image manipulation.
edit on 18-5-2011 by jaynkeel because: add comment

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Wonder why the back wheel was blurred? Great comment though made me laugh.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by unfndqlt
Anyone else see the one with big foot sitting in the lake?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/160dc08c56c6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I found most of those pics to be quite depressing.
And whats with all the prostitutes and segways?

interesting in a way though.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neonitus

Helluva combination huh?!!!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Here is the funny dog one that had me laughing.

Talk about determination!!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Update today with some more images.
autos.aol.com...
Have a laugh.

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Cool thread!

It' hard to say if they are staged or not but I think the one with the old guy beside the country lane was beautiful. Many of them are thought provoking.
Thank's

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

Sure no problem thanks for stopping by.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Nearly a year later and here are some more images for everyone to enjoy.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Whoever selected those photos for the first "album", sure has a yen for prostitutes, poverty, and violence.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Sooooooo a Google van just happened to be at Sea World...????

Or on the banks of a river???

Fab pics, but some of them seem to be from a personal album rather than taken by a Google Street View van

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Not sure but I know I have seen them traveling around lots of times. And I can only imagine the stuff they catch that's too racy to post up.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Indeed! I expect at some point there will be a more risque album somewhere. Kinda reminds me of a website which shows interesting or strange Google Earth locations

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Lots of prostitutes and lots of dogs, and lots of litter.

The scenery picss are the only ones that aren't depressing.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join