It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian to possibly replace head of IMF..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

OTTAWA - Prime Minister Harper thinks Mark Carney is a wonderful central banker — others think so too.

The Bank of Canada governor who was named by Time magazine as one of the world's most influential men is being taken seriously in international circles as a possible replacement for disgraced International Monetary Fund head Dominique Strauss-Kahn.

Carney has gained international profile in the past few years in part because of Canada's relatively strong economic performance during the recession and in part because of his own sure-footed presence at international meetings.

Last year, U.S.-based Time magazine named Carney its 21st most influential person, the only central banker to make the list.

"Central bankers aren't often young, good-looking and charming, but Mark Carney is all three — not to mention wicked smart," the magazine said in an effusive profile.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

Canada's banking system is the economic envy of the new world...

Hopefully he could/can take control of the IMF.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I'm not sure "good" and "central banker" really go together considering their myopic mandate to contain inflation as opposed real-world aspects such as employment and wages.

However, the way Canada has made it through the "financial crisis" almost unscathed (in proportion to many other nations, of course) I'm not sure I would be changing anybody that has been at the helm of that ship right now.

the Billmeister

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
He use to work for Goldman Sachs too. Those Goldman Sachs guys have been popping up everywhere lately.

new topics

join