It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Earth's Core Is Melting!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

I have always had a feeling neutrinos are far more important than mainstream reports.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

there are reports of seismos confirming this melt under china and russia, I will post the articles when I find them.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

good words, the bible is full of thruths and ethics all would be advised to at least try to aspire to.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

science holds the belief of Earth's core to currently be solid iron, though now with some melting bits also!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I wonder how often this kind of cycle has happened and if it can be tied to the downfall of other societies?

My notion is that we all have certain innate qualities.. be it creator/builder/criminal etc and depending on where our society is in the curve (going up or coming down) which of those quality dominate our society...

To be honest it feels right now we are at the last legs of this version of our society which is being dominated/led by ever more increasing criminalistic type qualities..

anyway I have always wondered if those changes between traits/qualities somehow resonate with mother earth in the same way people feel our behaviour resonates with the moon.

Perhaps pure speculation and me talking out of my bum.. but it is something I have always wondered.

ETA: Thank you for a thread that enables me to ponder the fluff in my belly button

edit on 19/5/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Yeah.... I've been gettin' HIPPY with it too. Me thinks the Universal rubber band is about to do a rebound and make an accordion to play a song on. Something Greek perhaps... anyone for a Greek dance.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I believe everything is connected and all life is subject to the forces of nature, known and unknown, there are plenty things, probably forces inclusive, that science hasn't hit on yet.

Right now we are taking major leaps in knowledge, awakenings, major universal, solar system and earth events.

Also the realization that many of our earth societies are corrupt and almost anathema to humanity, as well as the realization that there most probably is intelligent / more intelligent life around us / here / everywhere, and the fact there are possibly free floating planets, dark energy and matter and planet size neutrinos, parallel dimensions existing right now right here, all adds up to something major in the earths and humanities evolution.

Physically, metaphysically and in terms of intelligence.....there are major things happening.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by LexiconV

p-chiiing....syrtos on!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Thanks for your thoughts

I feel this change in my soul and being far to practical for my own good ponder how often these things have occurred and what changes they have driven in the past..

As a squeak as I walk type of person I guess I look far to deeply into things in my attempt to understand the world around me...

And I can clearly state looking at the world around me that each day proves I really know nothing at all except the feeling that great change is coming.

ETA: Sorry if this makes no sense..

ETA: ETA: I guess I should slow down on the typing..
edit on 19/5/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Maybe that's the thing, living true present is something I learned studying supernatural type things years ago, now I see things more balanced and appreciate the past shapes the present and the past and present shapes the future.

We are here, now, and were before, we are all experiencing now, and future.

As we think, thoughts are like projections into the future as they shape decisions we make now, which shapes the future.

This is also true for everything, planets and solar systems, all existed and are existing now, subjected to current forces that shapes the future.

As beings of the universe, it stands to reason beings resonate with universal vibrations and are able to detect vibrations that are from the universe, maybe even something from zillions of light years, if it matters here.
edit on 19-5-2011 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
OP why did you left out the MIGHT part of the story?

" might be melting "

otherwise is a nice story

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by heineken

aren't we supposed to copy the report title as it says?

it really isn't as dramatic as it sounds either, just read the article, sounds interesting with regards to science finds and how this could be relevant to current feelings / events and how MSM feeds things.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
aren't we supposed to copy the report title as it says?
That's a requirement for the news forums, but I'm not sure this is a news forum. Why is it in the Japan forum anyway?

The title is pretty misleading, since it says right in your OP that it's freezing more than it's melting.

But if the Fukushima cores completely melt down through the bottom of the containment, maybe they will keep on melting through the mantle until they hit the core and stop the freezing? That was the idea behind "The China Syndrome" movie but I'm not sure it would really go that far.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
What lies below the earths surface is pure speculation for the most part - not necessarily molten Iron at all!

Abstract

This paper proposes a new theory of the Earth comprising three major geospheres--core, mantle and carapace. The junction between core and mantle is a density transition determined by geophysics. The junction of the mantle with the crustal member of the carapace is not only a density transition but also a zone of energy release, the seat of endogeny, in fact.

In this paper, hydrogen is interpreted to be present copiously in the mantle in the form of high-pressure hydrides that behave as reduced, deformable fluids in contrast to the crust, which is oxidic and rigid. Plumes of metal hydrides ascend through the mantle buoyed by lower density than their hosts. Reaching the depth/pressure range of hydride dissociation and oxidation in the upper mantle or lower crust, they dissociate or oxidize, releasing latent chemical energy. This is the zone where magmatism, earthquakes, volcanism, and replacement mineralization occur. Rock-forming minerals of densities less than mantle minerals are deposited; isostasy is triggered.

Thusly, hydride dissociation and oxidation above a steadily degassing inner geosphere originated the lithosphere and continue to maintain it. Concurrently, atmosphere and hydrosphere evolve from non-metal hydrides that effuse from the lithosphere. Hydrogen escapes into space, leaving elemental oxygen and nitrogen to dominate the atmosphere.

At core depths, below the fluid intermetals comprising the mantle, the liquid outer core and a solid inner core may be higher-pressure phases of mixed intermetals, or they may be a new substance, a super-compressed, ultimately dense material, the "ultimetal," we might say.

findarticles.com...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

oh wasn't sure, and it's literally just putting the report out there.

I put it in Fragile Earth, maybe the words CORE and MELTING made it look like Japan?!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

I know, hence the fact I said, science currently believes....

Part of the point of posting this report / study on here is that perhaps science knows more / other information on the exact nature of the Earth and the Universe, including composition and is now saying ''oh actually'', maybe for a purpose, maybe a genuine finding, who knows.

I do believe that reports like this are relevant in the current climate of things happening and for whichever purpose and however genuine they are, places like ATS are where people interested in real truth may well be, and may well be interested in such things.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

It's an interesting theory, but unfortunately it's just a theory.

This "study" was all done via computer simulation. They didn't suit up Aaron Eckhart and Hilary Swank to go down and take a look.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
I put it in Fragile Earth, maybe the words CORE and MELTING made it look like Japan?!
Wow! So you put it in the right place and a half-asleep mod moved it to the wrong place? That's funny!

Maybe they should move it back to where you put it, Fragile Earth sounds right to me!

Edit to add: I see they did move it back!

edit on 19-5-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by JusticeIsComing

Practically all science is theory, though ground seismo's were involved and includes measurements suggesting specific areas of melting under China and Russia.

This article explains more:

www.sciencedaily.com...

Earth's Core Is Melting ... and Freezing ScienceDaily (May 18, 2011) — The inner core of Earth is simultaneously melting and freezing due to circulation of heat in the overlying rocky mantle, according to new research from the University of Leeds, UC San Diego and the Indian Institute of Technology.

The findings, published May 19 Nature, could help us understand how the inner core formed and how the outer core acts as a 'geodynamo', which generates the planet's magnetic field. "The origins of Earth's magnetic field remain a mystery to scientists," said study co-author Dr Jon Mound from the University of Leeds. "We can't go and collect samples from the centre of Earth, so we have to rely on surface measurements and computer models to tell us what's happening in the core." "Our new model provides a fairly simple explanation to some of the measurements that have puzzled scientists for years. It suggests that the whole dynamics of Earth's core are in some way linked to plate tectonics, which isn't at all obvious from surface observations. "If our model is verified it's a big step towards understanding how the inner core formed, which in turn helps us understand how the core generates the Earth's magnetic field."

more from Toulouse University, 2010, suggesting Earth's core melts and freezes on various sides every 100 million years:

www.newscientist.com...

THE Earth's solid iron core may recycle itself every 100 million years, melting on one side and resolidifying on the other. That could explain why the core transmits seismic waves at different speeds in the western and eastern hemispheres. In May, a team led by Marc Monnereau at the University of Toulouse in France suggested that the inner core is being continually added to in the west while being melted in the east, forming a conveyor belt of creation and destruction (Science, DOI: 10.1126/science.1186212). Now, Thierry Alboussière at Joseph Fourier University in Grenoble, France, and colleagues have calculated the timescale on which this could happen (Nature, vol 466, p 744). Testing the idea is no easy feat, as a 100-million-year cycle would be too slow for current technology to detect, says Michael Bergman of Bard College at Simon's Rock in Massachusetts.

www.sciencemag.org...

Hemispherical asymmetry is a prominent feature of Earth’s inner core, but how this asymmetry relates to core growth is unknown. Based on multiple-scattering modeling of seismic velocity and attenuation measurements sampling the whole uppermost inner core, we propose that the growth of the solid core implies an eastward drift of the material, driven by crystallization in the Western Hemisphere and melting in the Eastern Hemisphere. This self-sustained translational motion generates an asymmetric distribution of sizes of iron crystals, which grow during their translation. The invoked dynamical process is still active today, which supports the idea of a young inner core.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I believe this information to be useless to put out in this form. "Might be freezing" "Might be melting". Science doesn't even know what the core of the earth is made of. They'd like to believe its iron but they sure don't know it. Id love to see the break down of the data they feed to the computers for these simulations. Do they start out assuming the earth core is iron? What info are they entering because that sets the stage for the results.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join