It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Earth's Core Is Melting!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The inner core of the Earth may be melting, scientists now find.

This melting could actually be linked to activity at the Earth's surface, the researchers said, and added that the discovery could help explain how the core generates the planet's magnetic field.

www.ouramazingplanet.com...

As the Earth cools from the inside out, the molten outer core is slowly freezing. This is leading the solid inner core to grow at a rate of approximately 1 millimeter per year. However, scientists now find that the inner core might be melting at the same time. "The standard view has been that the inner core is freezing all over and growing out progressively, but it appears that there are regions where the core is actually melting," said researcher Sebastian Rost, a seismologist at the University of Leeds in England. "The net flow of heat from core to mantle ensures that there's still overall freezing of outer core material and it's still growing over time, but by no means is this a uniform process." As the Earth's interior cools, relatively hot and cold matter churns around inside the planet, a process known as convection. The roiling of material in the core, coupled with the spinning of the Earth, is what generates the planet's magnetic field.

Interesting study and even more interesting how this could relate to Expanding Earth theories and the current concerns of geo activity etc.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
This freeze/melt rate could throw off the core's balance, and could be what causes the poles to shift. Just a thought.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I can't help but think of the movie 2012 (the beginning part) ...

Sounds freaky this ...

I know a lot of people ridiculed The Mayans and the movie 2012, however, things aren't surely cushy as we move towards the end of 2012!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

there are all sorts of possibilities, also this is establishing the core and crust are connected, more so than previously held as 'fact', and the core is expanding, this has to have effects on the other layers and ultimately the surface and geomagnetics.

There are also possibilities that this could be a new phenomena though I think it isn't, and also could be caused in some ways by activity in the crust and other layers or even caused by universal electromagnetism.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The hippy metaphysical side of me says all the planets including the sun are vibrating at faster and faster rates. When things vibrate faster they naturally get hotter, and thoughts manifest faster.

/endhippymeaphysicaltalk

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by faryjay

so much is happening though I try not to get all doom thread dramatic about it, some things are very apparent as not as they were.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

the hippymetaphysical side of you is spot on mate! plants are raising in vibrations. Mom is entirely. time is speeding up...soon to unravel. sorry...i'll end my hippy rant.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

On a metaphysical level, I feel something similar to faster frequencies also, though perhaps also increased 'tension' in the universe, like a generally more intense universe, like something about to happen, perhaps this is all due to the impending implosion of Betelgeuse, as however far, something that size has to have an effect, all things are connected. So many people are saying similar things, there has to be something to it.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

www.livescience.com...

I agree, whatever is happening, all planets in our system are going through it. I think it is our sun

In 2005, Long’s team published a study in the journal Science showing that Earth experienced a period of “solar global dimming” from 1960 to 1990, during which time solar radiation hitting our planet’s surface decreased. Then from the mid-1990’s onward, the trend reversed and Earth experienced a “solar brightening.”

This "resonates" with me

edit on 18/5/2011 by UsedIllusion because: for emphasis

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Why isn't anybody listening to me on here? EVERYBODY WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why are they laughing? Seriously we are going to die! Y2k is going to infect the computers! Seriously this inst funny stop laughing damn it!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pcrobotwolf

tsk..some of us are all escaping on a mothership before it all happens, sheesh, didn't they tell you?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

tsk..some of us are all escaping on a mothership before it all happens, sheesh, didn't they tell you?
Yes they told me. But why the mother ship looked like a van with people wearing all white driving it was beyond my understanding. Ps baking soda is the anti Christ and people who believe in going commando are related to Hitler

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

that was the laundry van.

my Polish commando style ex will be pleased to hear of being related to Hitler.

baking soda makes good toothpaste, the devil doesn't make good anything!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Somethings changing, everyone can feel it...may not be doosday scenario, But things are gonna be differrent soon. Uprisings, environmental change, the sun has som things going on. Metal awakenings. Hope is all gonna be for the better.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The Earth's inner core is a ball of solid iron about 1,500 miles (2,400 kilometers) wide, about the same size as the moon.

This is the mainstream scientific belief . I put this in the same category as NASA still insisting that comets are `giant chunks of ice and snow`
In both cases they are wrong.
And in both cases they wont admit that without kicking and screaming.
This is what I believe to be the truth of what the earths core consists of. A pressurized , compressed nuclear furnace .
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well this inner core melting would certainly explain a lot of the earth changes we're seeing... climatic changes, extreme weather, stronger earthquakes, more frequent volcanic activity, increased speed of geomagnetic movement, etc.

I blame solar neutrinos.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It seems Mr. Choi's title, "Study: Earth's Core Is Melting!", is a bit misleading. However, even his article states:

In addition, "there is the general problem that all computer models of the dynamics of the Earth's core can't actually capture the true dynamics, as nobody has sufficient computer power to run models with enough detail in terms of both spatial and temporal resolution," Mound added. "The models produce a lot of the behavior that we observe in the Earth's core, but we can't be certain that we have the dynamics correct."

To see if the core really is melting, "we would need larger arrays of seismometers spread more evenly around the world, particularly in the oceans, which is a technological hurdle," Mound said.

It's certainly not conclusive!

"The Earth's core is melting ... and freezing" is a much better read, and is likely the source of Mr. Choi's information.

Overall though, according to this article, the core of the Earth is still cooling. Furthermore, cooling is the source of the inner core's expansion, not heating.

See ya, Milt
edit on 18-5-2011 by BenReclused because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I doubt human activities could have any impact on the core. People make the argument that humans can't be responsible for global warming because of the amount of atmosphere we have, our impact is negligible. However, it seems much more likely we could impact the atmosphere than we could impact the core.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It's right there in the Bible. The Earth is passing away.

2 Peter 3:9-13 (King James Version)

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,

12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

The key to the tree of life is to eliminate bias and hatred toward your neighbor. This removes the flaming sword that guards eternal life. God and men are your neighbors. Love God and Love man. Do no harm. Ask Christ to transform you. Put away childish things and become Christ like. Die to you 'self' and expand out from your body to an awareness of more than your own pride.

Head out with $100 in your pocket and feed the homeless. Visit someone in the nursing home. Go to a hospital and find someone dieing. Comfort them. Visit someone in prison. Kill the self within and live for others. That's it.

1 Corinthians 13

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

edit on 18-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I am curious here, isnt the core of the earth made out of molten metal, how exactly would something like that melt. its already melted, kind of. but if something were to happen to it, god knows what would happen to us

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join