It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: Iran Goes Nuclear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
On Wednesday, Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi said that the Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant is operational.

As we have previously announced, Bushehr power plant has reached the criticality stage, meaning it has been successfully launched," Salehi reportedly said.
Criticality is the stage in a nuclear reaction when the fissile material is self-sustaining. "This stage lasts for two months. We hope the plant will gain some 40 percent of its power within the next one or two months," Salehi added.

The United States and other Western nations for years urged Russia to abandon the project, fearing it would help Iran develop nuclear weapons. But an agreement obliging Tehran to repatriate spent nuclear fuel to Russia eased those concerns.

Article
So what will happen next?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

They will generate their own nuclear energy, and medical isotopes?..

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I would imagine the Zionazis will use this as a march to war and probably strike said plant from the air, this will kick of all of the middle east and they self fulfil their prophesy wooo hooo for the jews

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Biggest hyppocrits in the world, Americans.

You can't have that, but WE can!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
with the united states building a nuclear defense shield around europe, i'm sure iran will hand over all the nuclear spent rods, and russia will make sure they comply.

i'm also pretty sure iran has a clandestine mirror operation going on too at the bushehr nuclear plant or the other 16 plants that are currently made public.

the united states and israel should get used to the fact that iran will go nuclear. and that iran isn't as repressive as american propaganda makes it out to be.

unlike some nations, iran aren't oil hungry war mongers, bombing african nations to jack up the price of gasoline, not oil like everybody thinks.

exxon, gulf etc. are in the business of selling gasoline, not oil. lower oil prices are better for them. they stock pile oil when it low, then thru their corrupt politicians, cause temporary instability in the middle east, to jack up gasoline prices, blaming the world oil market and make a killing.

when the "problem" is miraculously resolved the cycle starts over again.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner

They will generate their own nuclear energy, and medical isotopes?..

As it is their right to do such things.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder if anyone reads the articles.

The United States and other Western nations for years urged Russia to abandon the project, fearing it would help Iran develop nuclear weapons. But an agreement obliging Tehran to repatriate spent nuclear fuel to Russia eased those concerns.

Uhm, theyre going to generate power and send the spent rods back to Russia... Thats whats going to happen now.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

it was agreed a long time ago that russia would only build there plant,under the condition to remove and dispose of the spent rods...these are very easy accountable,it's not as if they can slip one in their pocket.

besides,just because iran,has finally got its nuclear power up and running,it doesn't mean,they are going to start making bombs,to blow up the world.

don't believe the zionist propaganda,about iran being a major threat,and certainly not to the west.

because for israel long term future,they can't let the likes of iran become a nuclear power....not because iran will blow them up,but because it sets precedent for the rest of the middle east,and as israel is so small,in the future,it wouldn't be the dominant force in the region.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It is not legal to attack a nuclear power plant not for Israel or the US. If Israel or USA attack Iran's power plant. Terrorist attacks will get a new meaning when they start targeting US nuclear power plants.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well, according to Saudi Arabia...

www.news-worthy.info...

That would be BAD...but I guess we'll see...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick

it was agreed a long time ago that russia would only build there plant,under the condition to remove and dispose of the spent rods...these are very easy accountable,it's not as if they can slip one in their pocket.

besides,just because iran,has finally got its nuclear power up and running,it doesn't mean,they are going to start making bombs,to blow up the world.

don't believe the zionist propaganda,about iran being a major threat,and certainly not to the west.

because for israel long term future,they can't let the likes of iran become a nuclear power....not because iran will blow them up,but because it sets precedent for the rest of the middle east,and as israel is so small,in the future,it wouldn't be the dominant force in the region.

why are you posting this to me? I already said as much repeatedly here on ATS. I was referencing the OP. He asked what would happen... so I answered from his/her own article he/she obviously didnt read.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

it wasn't aimed at you,more so the thread in general,it was were i just did a quick reply...sorry about that.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This only means that they are nuclear cold meaning that all this is that they've now confirmed they've got nuclear power plants for home heating and is no way declared Nuclear Hot as they are still decades behind say, The US in weaponization. Do not spin this to say that they've got nuke tipped arms for which they do not.

top topics

join