It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News Pressured By Monsanto

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Thank you for this info, this was a real eye opener. "Falsifying the new is not against the law", this made me sick to my stomach.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
My former Army roomate was an Agronomist for Monsanto...he specialized in Sweet Corn(breeding/developement) and,from what he told me,its all about money....those strains of vegetables are patented and the developer gets royalities every time its planted.....thats why they dont reproduce....they dont care that what they breed is harmful,as long as they get paid....

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
This story was featured in the documentary The Corporation. If any ATS members haven't seen it, it's my absolute most-recommended movie of all time. It covers many topics that are ATS-worthy and is a major eye-opener to the corruption that is taking place in this country.

If anyone can still take Fox News (or indeed any major news outlet) seriously after this, then I feel truly sorry for them.

Great post OP, Star and Flag.

the most chilling part of this documentary is when they start talking about wanting to tax the air we breath...
carbon taxes were announced as an idea not long after i saw this doco the first time...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
can't drink the water..... can't drink the milk.....

anything wrong with my pepsi here?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

i believe it has got to do more with filling up the already bulging coffers of pharma conglomerates..the more the number of sick peeps the bigger the sales...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Wow good stuff thanks for that. If only all journalists/news anchors were honest.

Deebo

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by anon102

Your welcome, and yes I so appreciate ATS members for being on the ball, and
the way our members put news to the test. Thank You!
reply to post by Trueman

Thank you for your comments. In the store I am seeing alot more milk labeled hormone free,
and even the cheese thesedays...in fact a brand I used to eat years ago but then stopped has
not finally got the message. (rBGH)copyright) free now.

edit on 19-5-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Oh yes that is the bovin groth hormone to make cows produce double the milk right.

I think it is being passed on to the young girl through the milk the consume. Seriously. I have see so many girls now at such young ages with big huge boobs. I don't get it It use to be like once in a blue moon you would see a young girl with big boobies but now alot have them.

Speaking as a dad who picks his daught up at school everyday so I see alot of them.

It would not surprise me though.

I try to avoid the stuff and buy brands that say our farmers take the pledge but then again it is a promise they will not use it but you never know for sure.

I always am very observant about every thing I buy.

Like take for instance at hannaford they were selling these teddy graham looking crackers for a buck. And I was like thats cheep I opicked it up and looked it over and it says made in india.

Now if any of you have been to india lets just say that they do not have the most stringent hygien safety protocols over there and sure as hell dont want the kids eating this stuff.

Now I get home and I am putting the groceries away and I see a bag of them up in the cabinet.

I called the wife and I told her not to buy them anymore.

Why the hell are we buying stuff from india. and Importing candy from pakistan is beyond me.

I live in the US and try to eat stuff mad here. Not because it is better but because I feel it may be made under struickter guidlines and if someobne got sick from them at least they would be able to track them.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Ouch!
Theres a pertinent video if ever I saw one! Nice post.
I would recommend anyone living in the U.S to have a look if they havent already.

Im glad the ban was upheld in Europe-but then how many other potentially dangerous chemicals in food still go un noticed,-un-tested (well, sufficiently tested) and still make it in to our food?

Reading the ingredients on the side of any baby formula box will tell you that the majority of what we eat (everywhere-not just the U.S) is not what our bodies need!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Sorry, but this has been posted before. If you search for "Monsanto Milk" the threads come up:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

I stopped taking Fox News seriously when Bill O. started sticking his nose up Obama's @ss. That's when I knew they were no different than any other MSM.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Phew am I glad I don't drink milk unless it clearly states on the label NO GMO or GH USED.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SelfSustainedLoner

right because labels never lie...
Never mind the fluoride in our water, aspartame in many sweets, candies, diet and non diet sodas and maybe 1,000 other environmental causes for a reduction in the quality of life and ultimately premature death.

This is one of those issues that I see is worth fighting for... afterall, it is killing us = people are dying for it so they might as well put up alittle struggle as they go.... while some people see it as a reason to read labels and to shop more carefully

We must close this divide between us and apologies yet I do not believe that me being any less MILITANT about this issue.... is the movement that needs to be made as we have tried to be peaceful...

We have tried the court and the legal system...
We have compromised so many times that it is hard to tell what we set to do originally...

We have done what the "wise" or "expert" minds have told us to do and it has all failed.
The constitution has not protected us, our representatives do not represent us nor our best interests and via DIEBOLD ESS and/or lack of any real choice.......our vote does not count!!!

How much more do you need?
Gluttons for punishment it seems...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by drwizardphd

They also gave it a mention in the documentary Outfoxed...that featured ex-Fox News employees as whistle-blowers on their operation.

I used to be a die-hard anti-Fox liberal, but then I realized that Fox has its own brand of propaganda. CNN, MSNBC and the networks all do the same thing in their own way. In a sick way, Fox is so over the top that it makes CNN and MSNBC seem more reasonable, but I feel that it's a race to the bottom when it comes to the overall mixing and blurring the line between government and partisan propaganda, corporate propaganda/advertising and entertainment. Actual news is not really a concern of any of these outlets anymore.

Monsanto, as just one corporate sponsor of these cable outlets, naturally puts pressure on the type of stories that can be presented. Honestly, I think most Americans my age (roughly 30) and younger, have been weened on this type of "News" and older folks have been exposed to it for so long, that I think most would not recognize real journalism if it ever did get exposed to them. Everything has become so subjective and co-opted by monied interests that I don't see anything of any value to the public coming out of any channel of any so-called political lean.

EDIT: For an example of how it is not just FOX, tune into MSNBC on the weekends, when they have time to squeeze "news-like" programs in between how to catch a preditor and locked-up raw or whatever the fascist propaganda glorifying our overpopulated prison state is called. They have soft, pro-corporate "newsy" specials that amount to an hour long commercial about McDonalds, Coke, GM and others, without really delving into the hard stories and the controvertial topics from behind the scenes. For example, no mention of Coca Cola corporation and various underhanded deeds in Latin America, Africa and India - such as the union organizer mysteriously murdered in Ecuador or Colombia.
edit on 19-5-2011 by Sphota because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
S&F for you, OP. Who CARES if it's "just" another Monsanto story?

Monsanto is disgusting, cruel, black-hearted and many other things that would fill a book. I can't STAND them. They are destroying our food and have a hand in our food freedom destruction. Also, this whole false-news is also crap. My issue is what can we do about it? "Spread the word"? as it were, write our reps? Last time I wrote a rep (It was about the S.510 Food Bill) I got a response about something, oh, it was hardly even related to my concerns. I basically remember them saying "Oh, don't you worry your little head, we'll pass this bill.".

Anyhow, my point is I sometime feel a wee dispirited about all this crap. When it comes to food freedom, I feel that growing your own food and canning it (using non-hybrid seeds) is important; not all of us can do that, however. I don't know if we can ever change any of this, or "win" but I'm not going to give up-and to quote a favorite music artist of mine, Matisyahu:

"...Keep on movin' though the waters stay raging..."

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
WAIT. Sorry. I already posted here. BUMP.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I am somewhat surprised that Monsanto has not, as yet, set up funeral parlours across America, it looks like a growth industry to me, what with the amount of illegals entering the country, and the bad food being sold, the contaminated water, bad air, too expensive medical care, street violence, drug abuse, I'll stop, near to tears.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AeonStorm

Secondly: This is how journalism died. I think we should all take note as to how fear was used in this situation.

Thanks for you comments AeonStorm,

Perhaps this really has been a factor, true journalism these days
just flies in the face of the corporate whoredom in Washington D.D.

Looking back, can we correlate the change that occcured around the early 90's as thats when they
introduced this crap into the food supply.

I guess for most, reporting is just a job to be kept no matter the truth.

edit on 20-5-2011 by burntheships because:
what is going on with the fonts? Without a size, it was so tiny I could not read it! ???

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I only just now noticed (due to ATS Live) this great thread Burntheships. Please forgive me for not taking part sooner and thank you for posting my Youtube video in your opening post.

The line between the highest level of governments and Monsanto are so blurred that they are truly one in the same... and the revolving door never ceases. The following is just a glimpse into the criminal(?) conflict of interest:

1) Donald Rusmsfeld, US Secretary of Defense / President of Searle subsidiary of MONSANTO.

2) Justice Clarence Thomas, US Supreme Court Justice / MONSANTO lawyer for Regulatory Affairs.

3) Linda Fisher, Deputy Administrator of US EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) / Executive Vice President MONSANTO.

4) Anne Vereman, US Secretary of Agriculture / MONSANTO Board of Directors.

5) Michael Taylor, Deputy Commissioner for POLICY US FDA (Food & Drug Administration) / MONSANTO Senior Counsel.

6) Mickey Kantor, US Secretary of Commerce / Board of Directors MONSANTO.

7) Linda Watrud, US EPA / Biotech Research MONSANTO.

8) William Ruckelshaus, Chief Administrator US EPA / MONSANTO Board Member.

9) US Attorney General John Ashcroft received $10,000 (senatorial campaign) from MONSANTO, Monsanto's contribution to Ashcroft was five times that of any other congressional hopeful.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sowhtt
I only just now noticed (due to ATS Live) this great thread Burntheships. Please forgive me for not taking part sooner and thank you for posting my Youtube video in your opening post.

The line between the highest level of governments and Monsanto are so blurred that they are truly one in the same... and the revolving door never ceases. The following is just a glimpse into the criminal(?) conflict of interest:

1) Donald Rusmsfeld, US Secretary of Defense / President of Searle subsidiary of MONSANTO.

2) Justice Clarence Thomas, US Supreme Court Justice / MONSANTO lawyer for Regulatory Affairs.

3) Linda Fisher, Deputy Administrator of US EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) / Executive Vice President MONSANTO.

4) Anne Vereman, US Secretary of Agriculture / MONSANTO Board of Directors.

5) Michael Taylor, Deputy Commissioner for POLICY US FDA (Food & Drug Administration) / MONSANTO Senior Counsel.

6) Mickey Kantor, US Secretary of Commerce / Board of Directors MONSANTO.

7) Linda Watrud, US EPA / Biotech Research MONSANTO.

8) William Ruckelshaus, Chief Administrator US EPA / MONSANTO Board Member.

9) US Attorney General John Ashcroft received $10,000 (senatorial campaign) from MONSANTO, Monsanto's contribution to Ashcroft was five times that of any other congressional hopeful.

Excellent data to convince the skeptical mind of the many links between the government and monsanto.

Horrible place to post these links as you are simply preaching to the choir

Worth a bump anyways!

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join