It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sovereign Citizen Terrorism Meme: Explained

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Disclaimer: This is not necessarily a new topic, but hopefully, we can bring it full circle by now. It is a huge topic and I will do my best to condense and make sense of it. Further, I see there was a recent post on the 60-Minutes video and several last year, so I have included them within this post.

Intro

Yesterday, while watching one of the last seemingly constitutional advocates, Judge Napolitano on his FOX show, the Judge had fellow Fox Business newscaster, Eric Bolling on at the end. Right before his close, Eric Bolling mentioned the extreme danger of the growing Sovereign Citizen movement in the U.S. For many of you who are not aware, here is how Wikipedia defines the movement:

Sovereign Citizen Movement (Wikipedia):

The sovereign citizen movement is a loose network of American litigants, commentators and financial scheme promoters. Self-described "sovereign citizens" believe that they are answerable only to English common law and are not subject to any statutes or proceedings at the federal, state or municipal levels. They especially reject most forms of taxation as illegitimate. Participants in the movement argue this concept in opposition to "federal citizens," who, they believe, have unknowingly forfeited their rights by accepting some aspect of federal law.

While I noticed Eric Bolling's comment, I just tucked it away. Then, today I read this blog, which brought me to this CBS article.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7bd0292c72b4.jpg[/atsimg]
For the full length 60-Minutes video, visit post by ATS'er, rstregooski.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

U.C.C. Law

Though not apparent at first, the original pinnings of this movement have to do with contract law and its association with Universal Commercial Code (U.C.C.) Law. U.C.C. law is essentially comprises all laws that are presented to us today, versus Common Laws. For a quick explanation on this, Jordan Maxwell sheds some light on this:

Jordan Maxwell

Note: this is a very popular video on YouTube and it may have been presented here on ATS before. Nonetheless, I am attempting to show you how it is traveling full circle. Further, I am not attempting to go into the whole Birth Certificate, IRS debate here, per se.

So, why is this noteworthy and pertinent?

1. Several researches have long argued that the "god" of the Old Testament is different from the "god" of the new testament. The god of the Old Testament orginated out of ancient Sumer & Babylon and was later adopted by Judaism. Essentially, the individual is a servant to the Old Testament "god" through contracts (thus the origination of contract law), and therefore "controlled."

2. 1215 A.D.: Magna Carta. With this document, it states that individual rights come from God and not the state or government. Eventually, this evolved into Common Law.

3. In approximately 1933, the U.S. incorporated and claimed all of its citizens as corporations and therefore, when you entered into this world, you "contracted" with the U.S. Inc., foregoing many of your sovereign rights. This was an assualt by (Zionist Bankers) on the American population to subvert the common laws.

4. Today, with the reach of the U.S. government becoming more and more invasive in removing your rights, people are filing the U.C.C.-1 paperwork to free themselves of this "contract" relationship - thus enters the Sovereign Citizen.

5. In an attempt to smear this movement or bring light to the details of what these people stand for, they are being labeled as tax evading, domestic terrorists.

How Is the Sovereign Citizen Movement Presented Today?

Internet News Search (Google)
A quick search on Google news shows you the growing and negative presentation of this movement in the U.S., with all news corporations presenting this group in ill light. Surely, they are missing the point of the whole reason, which is the "contract" aspect of the government to its "citizen."
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e9bffedeb20a.jpg[/atsimg]

Even Russia Today Sort of presents it in bad light, choosing a "pot head" to speak on the subject:

Russia Today Video
Sovereign Citizen: Out of Gov'ts Reach

The (Zionist) Anti-Deformation League's, which has a huge investment in maintaining the status quo of contrac law and the Zionist Bankers, present the SC's and all groups aware of this invalid "contract" law as extremists - as you can read on their site.

However, before you scoff at the legality of this or believe what they have you believe about it's legality, then explain to me this:

Ray St. Clair (Part 1)

Part 2: www.youtube.com...

Now, that video was in England, however, you will find a judge bowing to a defended on YT, here in the U.S. Both countries - in fact all sovereign nations - follow the common laws, unless the individual forgoes the law for the corporate law.

Summary

So, if we only look at the impact of U.C.C. information and the resultant sovereign citizen bit, many of you may say, "so what?" However, What is really interesting here is that the roots of this "contract" law go back to ancient Sumer and Babylon, picked up by the Jews (or more accurately, the Zionist faction) and are being used against us to dismantle the constitution - legally, by "contract" with it's (ignorant) citizens. Our government is even using the FBI to target these individuals (courtesy ATS'er, mothershipzeta).

Currently, the "contract" aspect, which many U.S. Citizens are completely unaware of or laugh off, have no idea that this is the method by which our U.S. government is removing our rights today. As several citizens are awakening to this fact and removing themselves of this reality, the government is fighting back by employing the press - left and right - to cast this movement in a terroristic light. If everyone in the U.S. woke up and did this, the government would not have funding - or more aptly put, the Federal Reserve and it's shareholders would no longer have power.

So, I am not trying to convince anyone here one way or another that they should be a SC or file U.C.C paperwork, but as this case emerges in main stream, understand the reason behind it - which is not domestic terrorism, but the result of U.S. citizens tired of big brother, banker ruled government, and legally opting out of the "contract."

Further, I have nothing against Judaism or its believers, but I think the Zionism movement (which is not Judaism) is suspect, especially with respect to contract law and government infiltration.

Sources:
1. SGT Report: sgtreport.com...
2. The Anti-Dformation Leage: www.adl.org...
3. CBS Website: www.cbsnews.com...
4. Russia Today: YouTube Channel
5. Ray St. Clair on U.C.C. - YouTube
6. Jordan Maxwell - YouTube Video
edit on 18-5-2011 by alyoshablue because: typos

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Great work! I saw this on 60 minutes and was wondering if this organization is THE main/only one? I ask because I know people who claim sovereign citizen(ship), but don't know if they belong to this group. Boy their(group in article) comments are sure to stir the nest! I hope there is a difference, because this groups actions are not shedding any positive light on the situation.
I find the whole sovereign cit idea interesting though, but it seems really hard to live by.
But again, is there a difference between someone who chooses sovereign citizen(ship), and this official group?

Peace,
spec
edit on 18-5-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
As people have less and less money, and begin to pay more and more taxes, and begin to (finally) realize the never-ending cycle of such a system, they will seek out ways to lessen their share of the burden. Since I believe the majority of people want to be on the "right" side of the law, and even more either fear the government or simply don't want to become a person of interest to them (let's face it, the government and the IRS can make a person's life rather hellish), they will hear rumblings, on sites such as ATS, of how others are "legally" not paying taxes and therefore no longer beholden to the beast.

Thanks to the Internet, seeking out this information has become even easier. So, what happens when average citizens find a legal method to avoiding the government's noose? The government takes action by labeling them all "terrorists" or "potential threats to domestic security". It's one thing to try to find a way to keep more of one's hard-earned money, it's another to willingly put oneself on a terror watch list. Which is exactly what the government is hoping.

My advice -- anyone looking to become a sovereign citizen best get a move on. It probably won't be long before the government figures out a way to close this loophole (bad term, couldn't think of a better one). I'm sure there are all kinds of rights the government is entitled to, all of which make the Constitution void, once someone or some group is labeled as a "terrorist network".

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

Totally agree, lpowell0627. One thing to also mention is that the MSM will say that these people don't pay taxes or even more so, that there is a larger portion of the population not paying taxes - right. While some self-employed individuals may be able to, not so for the common person working for a company. Aren't Federal Income Taxes removed from your check prior to you getting it?

So, it should be more accurately stated, that half the population does not file an income tax return. The government still has collected the money. While it is possible that an individual may owe more, it is nominal compared to the amount already collected.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
S&F this is a topic that deserves to be resurrected periodically. Although it is probably too difficult to live as a sovereign citizen for the average person just making people aware of their rights being hijacked by their Government may be enough to facilitate change.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

speculativeoptimist:

I don't know that answer to that ... I didn't really see it as a "firm" organization, but rather a movement of loosely informed people. Most of the MSM videos claim to interview "leaders," but they seem to be spokespersons instead.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

My understanding from the guy, a co-worker several years ago, was that they were not part of any organization, but that there were a few different groups that did organize and even recruit. The guy I was speaking of, his parents started them as SC's at birth, back in the late 70's, and they never had any troubles with the law. He said it has had it's challenges, and he may not recommend it, but he said he would not have changed his status, even if he could. He was a counter-culture kind of guy.
So I guess there is individual pursuit without having to join anything. That really sucks for those that keep to themselves and don't let this mechanism go to their head, making them think they are above the law. The law still trumps SC in the courts, but I guess some SC's that are more self sufficient avoid run-ins with the authorities.
This incident in the OP is just frightening though! I'd hate to be any outspoken SC right about now.

edit on 18-5-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Good information. And yes, I would hate to be an SC'er during these times. I didn't realize it was so organized or heading that way, but makes sense and perhaps, feeds into the culty-fringiness of it all. With respect to the courts, I think one could argue what trumps what, and I am not able to speak of it clearly. However, of what I have seen, if you know what you are doing, you can do it. However, it is difficult and almost like an advanced game of Simon Says when in the court room.

Regardless, thanks for the input, speculativeoptimist.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Thank you.

The Sovereign Movement and how TPTB are trying to Demonize the movement needs to be exposed before the sheeple equate Sovereign with Jihadist or other such nonsense.

They seem to be REAL people who actually READ the law books and then decide to actually DO SOMETHING with their new found knowledge instead of desperately seeking out some "expert" who will usually pacify them as they are also unable to grasp the levity of the situation or who are totally aware of the situation and realize just how serious a threat this movement is to their livelihood!!!

Apologies yet the following video comes to mind:

Many of you wonder why they did this yet it is very simple really, they did this to "legalize" their actions, to conform to the UCC code and ultimately so that we the people would have no legal recourse to the wholesale Enslavement and/or Sale of this nation.

I mean, this is beyond the fact that the Constitution was the initial subversion of our rights yet EVERYONE has been brainwashed to believe that it is the Wellspring.

Pure genius I tell you!
Loving our hangman...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

It seems difficult for someone to take something away that never existed...or something that existed only in our minds.

This nation has been used and abused since its inception and thus I am not surprised by any of it nor any reactions to it.

Every now and then one of the 5th monkey types comes along and goes for the banana.
Sometimes there are many of these types running around and now seems like one of those times.

This is a cycle.
Our rights exist within our minds and only if we believe they exist, exercise them, realize their limits etc etc.... do they become reality.

I have always been about finding the edge and then enjoying my time on it and that might be said to be a prime example of the "Animated Contest of Freedom" once spoken of...

It is a battle of evermore, it is tiring, it gets old, we shouldnt have to fight this fight over and over again yet... until the tyrants no longer wish to be tyranical, until there are no slaves and no masters, no rich and no poor, no have's and no have not's..... it will Rage on.

All one needs to do is figure out which side they are on, the side of We the People or the side of our supposed Masters and then let the "feeding of the tree of liberty with the blood and tyrants and patriots alike"...begin!

What? Do you want to live forever or die on your bed wishing you had fought?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

S&F Excellent thread! Well thought out, well put together.
I'm not sure if I agree wth the premise though. Will have to read more. But you put together one heck of a post!

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Very excellently written op. I never knew such a thing was possible. S and F for you.

Pardon my ignorance but let me ask a question.

In a hypothetical situation, a person who has jumped all through the hurdles to get 'SC', can they still keep a job or once you become 'SC' do you have to live off the grid?

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by anon102

Well, I am not an expert on this, but from what I have read, with several exceptions, you operate like a normal individual. For instance, there are forms, paperworks, etc., that you provide to employers, etc. The largest hurdle I think people encounter in this venture is with their driver's license (in the case of getting pulled over for a speeding ticket). For the most part, police officers will have no clue what you are talking about when you break out the whole "Right to Travel" statement and offer no license. However, I guess you could contract with the State to get a license and register your car. Ultimately, I don't know - I would have to do more research.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
In my career I have had 2 SC stops and 3 encounters on calls, I have not had a good experience with a sovereign citizen yet.

I will summarize my stops and encounters.

1. Traffic Stop-Subject was pulled over for going 50 mph in a residential area(25mph speed limit), also for running a stoplight(on video), subject states that laws do not apply to him because he is a "sovereign" he takes off while the officer is running his checks(suspended license and no insurance)he collides with a vehicle at an intersection and is arrested.

2. Traffic Stop-Subject was speeding 48mph in a 30mph street, subject ran 2 Stop signs while I was pursuing. The subject preceded to pull into his driveway and start yelling that I(the officer) was harassing him. Subject was arrested and charged with Reckless Driving, Felony Evasion, and Disorderly Conduct.

3. Breaking and Entering-Subject owns a trailer park, states that because he is a sovereign he has the right to search his trailers(that are being rented) for contraband. The renters filed charges.

4.Warrant-3. Subject has a warrant for writing bad checks(permitted warrant) as soon as subject sees officer on front porch subject shouts "get off of my property or I will make you leave" subject picks up a gun(1 hour standoff til Tac team arrives) Subject was admitted as an ECO(10-96)

The fifth case is pending so I choose not to comment on it at the current time.

Secure.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by xXxtremelySecure

Secure, are you telling me that Sovereigns are just as much jerks as non-Sovereigns?
Well, it sounds like those people are approaching it from the wrong way. However, since when does morality get in the way of behavior? Sorry that you had those experiences.

It really is a quandary for me. One hand, who doesn't want to play nice? On the other hand, monied interests are able to influence the creation of laws that are conflicting with what some believe our founding fathers intended. As OverMan said:

Many of you wonder why they did this yet it is very simple really, they did this to "legalize" their actions, to conform to the UCC code and ultimately so that we the people would have no legal recourse to the wholesale Enslavement and/or Sale of this nation.

Unfortunately, the people in the middle is everybody outside of those moneyed interests, that include police officers, citizens, etc.

Also, Secure, thanks for the feedback. What an awesome perspective to add to this post.
edit on 19-5-2011 by alyoshablue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

1: I do not recall anyone saying "hey join the police force so you can have some good experiences".
2: The people in the examples you provided were clearly abusing/misusing any form of common law.
3: Few if anyone understands all of the law (I believe this is by design) and since on a state level the law varies so greatly I would not be surprised to find that not one person in this nation truly knows where they stand as they travel from state to state even though they are in their "home" country the entire time.
4: I could never be a Leo with the laws we currently have as I know just how infringing they are and I could not treat my fellow man as most Leo's have been taught to treat them, put your hands up and they slam you to the ground with their knee in your spine expecting you to simply lay silently and "take it". To trick people into entering into a binding legal contract simply by saying "DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" is what it amounts to most of the time minus the violence.
5: Considering the POLICE STATE we are currently living in under a Fascist regime controlled by Corporations who like to hire Armed Gaurds with prior military experience to enforce their Statutes and Codes without much thought the same way they are taught to charge the Front on a battlefield because we all know "thinking will get you killed" I am not surprised that a leo would come here and promote their own bad experiences over the factual evidence being presented and furthermore would take no thought or offer up any further insight beyond these negative personal experiences.

Nope, not surprised one bit.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

Unlike the "Sovereigns" of this site, non of the ones I have met in real life have ever tried to speak with me, show me show UCC paperwork or do anything other than say they are above the law. Most of the ones I ran into most likely haven't even done any paperwork or can tell you what a "sovereign" is. Our department had enough bad run-ins with the locals that say they are "sovereign" that the chief was force to make a policy, that is my experience. I am sure that any of the ATS sovereigns I have had conversations with would actually talk instead of yell.

Secure

PS most of the local "soveriegns" in this area were career criminals before they decided they were "sovereign"

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You seem to be putting these examples forth as a case against the sovereign ideals. First off, what you showed here are cases of people just simply being assxxx's. The sovereign ideals aren't not an argument in favor or against being a jerk.

Second, painting everyone with the same brush is the VERY thing LEO's hate when a cop who beats a suspect to death speaks for all cops. So interacting with a few morons who have a little information and even less respect for people is not indicative of all, or anything frankly.

Lastly, the moron's actions do not invalidate the ideals. The ideals are sound, what has happened is that instead of people KNOWING how to control themselves, be respectful and interact with others in a peaceful manner, they totally rely on abuse, laws, policy-enforcers and so on to keep them in line. In fact, people now simply act in exactly the same way as prisoners or slaves do; they do what they can until a gun, whip or fine tells them the can't. They are no longer even able to control themselves at the most basic level, let alone fully understand the true ideals of a their INHERENT sovereign nature.

Ages ago there was only one business ethics class taught at Harvard. The entire class was simply understanding this axiom: If it isn't against the law, you can do it. This statement is totally indicative of the state of the American population, what it is NOT indicative of is the sovereign ideals. Sadly the threat of the sovereign ideals has created the polarized meme of; "if we are all sovereigns then anarchy will prevail, we need laws to control the population - case closed!" The problem is there is truth to that, but not because the sovereign ideals are flawed, but because people are animals, and need cattle prods, laws, whips, fines, and prisons to guide them - yes guide them.

Please, address the ideals, not the actions of a few.

top topics

join