It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE! Ultimate! Truth!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

I couldn't have said it better myself. Great reply.

I will add that I still think it's true that I am you and you are me, but we are on a different third dimensional illusory path. We have our egos and they define the differences between us, but if you take them away, all you have left is the root of everything which is consciousness.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

I couldn't have said it better myself. Great reply.

I will add that I still think it's true that I am you and you are me, but we are on a different third dimensional illusory path. We have our egos and they define the differences between us, but if you take them away, all you have left is the root of everything which is consciousness.

My guess is that "Consciousness" is the Goal here, that ultimately GOD will Awaken within us all! What an amazing expression as we are still encapsulated in our custodial form. Thanks for a good Thought today!

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
The quotation below was posted on this thread.

"I was led to Oneness through certain naturally occurring compounds which I won't name as I have been warned for advocating them. However I took the dark side route and went the easy way. If you start a meditation practice you'll get there too, it's just going to take you longer. "

My resonse to the above quote is..

??? wow..Oneness through the dark side?? and thats the easy way??

No thanks... sounds like pretty creepy "oneness" to me.

edit on 20-5-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Consciousness in not a goal to be reached in the future.
Consciousness is already everything now.
Some people don't realize this and look for something called consciousness or god.
When looking we always look somewhere else.
Look within and the in becomes one with the out.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I would like to add to your convo with the OP.

although it is a mistake to not honor and observe the entire spectrum of feelings, it is possible to have JOY in all things.

reply to post by jiggerj

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pisces77 falling into the trap of negative feelings

That's just it, many people think of anger and depression (and all of the non-happy) emotions as negative. Well, sure they're negative if experienced for too long of a period, but one could also say the same about happiness. If someone appears blissfully happy while all bloody from a car accident, that person is going to be spending some time in a straight jacket.

Temporary anger and depression are SO important. They tell us when something isn't right in our lives. I've lost loved ones, and I WANTED to be miserable. I WANTED to be angry that the seatbelt law almost killed my daughter (her car slid on black ice and slammed into a telephone that completely wiped out the driver's seat. If my daughter had been a law-abiding citizen and wore the seatbelt, she would not only be dead, but a total bloody smear. As luck had it she was able to slide over to the other side of the car and walked away unharmed).

There are many many instances where happiness and love are negative emotions. Does anyone here actually believe that an outpouring of love and happiness would've stopped Saddam Hussein from being a tyrant and raising his children to be tyrants? The man needed to be killed, just like Bin Ladin, Hitler... And if everyone in the world practiced happiness and love, these men would've continued their reign of terror. It takes hate to rid the world of lunatics, not love and happiness.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp

although it is a mistake to not honor and observe the entire spectrum of feelings, it is possible to have JOY in all things.

reply to post by jiggerj

Watching a loved one slowly kill herself/himself with drugs?
Watching a loved one lose his mind from alzheimers?
Having your child come home from a war, in a casket?
Hearing that your child was raped and killed by a pedophile?

There are things in life that are utterly bereft of joy.

I'm not advising anyone to dwell on all the misery this world has to offer. We just can't pretend that awful things aren't happening in the world and in our lives. We need a balanced portion of all the emotions we have. There's a reason for all of them. If you can understand that 'fear' keeps us from walking off a cliff, or jumping from a plane without a parachute, then why would anyone not see the value in anger and hate as well as happiness and love?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by pisces77 falling into the trap of negative feelings

That's just it, many people think of anger and depression (and all of the non-happy) emotions as negative. Well, sure they're negative if experienced for too long of a period, but one could also say the same about happiness. If someone appears blissfully happy while all bloody from a car accident, that person is going to be spending some time in a straight jacket.

Temporary anger and depression are SO important. They tell us when something isn't right in our lives. I've lost loved ones, and I WANTED to be miserable. I WANTED to be angry that the seatbelt law almost killed my daughter (her car slid on black ice and slammed into a telephone that completely wiped out the driver's seat. If my daughter had been a law-abiding citizen and wore the seatbelt, she would not only be dead, but a total bloody smear. As luck had it she was able to slide over to the other side of the car and walked away unharmed).

There are many many instances where happiness and love are negative emotions. Does anyone here actually believe that an outpouring of love and happiness would've stopped Saddam Hussein from being a tyrant and raising his children to be tyrants? The man needed to be killed, just like Bin Ladin, Hitler... And if everyone in the world practiced happiness and love, these men would've continued their reign of terror. It takes hate to rid the world of lunatics, not love and happiness.

1. You said, "Temporary anger and depression are SO important. They tell us when something isn't right in our lives."

If we were happy all the time, it would be for a reason, and could only occur when anything being wrong is a huge improbability.

2. You said, " if everyone in the world practiced happiness and love, these men would've continued their reign of terror."

This is a contradiction because if EVERYONE in the world practiced happiness and love, that would include them and a such thing as terror and tyranny would not exist.

3. You said, "There are many many instances where happiness and love are negative emotions"

... Seriously?? wow.

4. You said, "If someone appears blissfully happy while all bloody from a car accident, that person is going to be spending some time in a straight jacket."

The implication of a society filled with unconditional love implies such situations would be impossible to even occur. If they did occur, obviously it wouldn't be unconditional love.

In fact, there are such places where pain is non-existent. Heaven for instance. Happiness and love are boundless there and is all that exist, and COOOINCIDENTALLY, this is where most NORMAL people want to go.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by tgidkp

reply to post by jiggerj

Watching a loved one slowly kill herself/himself with drugs?
Watching a loved one lose his mind from alzheimers?
Having your child come home from a war, in a casket?
Hearing that your child was raped and killed by a pedophile?

There are things in life that are utterly bereft of joy.

I'm not advising anyone to dwell on all the misery this world has to offer. We just can't pretend that awful things aren't happening in the world and in our lives. We need a balanced portion of all the emotions we have. There's a reason for all of them. If you can understand that 'fear' keeps us from walking off a cliff, or jumping from a plane without a parachute, then why would anyone not see the value in anger and hate as well as happiness and love?

A wise person knows that all the above mentioned are temporary situations and death is a good thing. In fact, I rejoice when a loved one is dead. But that's just because I know that they are in a place where they have the freedom to know a quality of life far beyond that which they were accustomed to here. That includes love and joy all the time.

1. You said, "We just can't pretend that awful things aren't happening in the world and in our lives"

The bad things that happen in the world, save accidents and natural disasters, are a result of negative emotions. I'm saying awful things wouldn't happen in the world if everyone loved everyone unconditionally. You obviously don't believe in the power of love. You are therefore the representation of all the bad things that happen in the world.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb In fact, there are such places where pain is non-existent. Heaven for instance. Happiness and love are boundless there and is all that exist, and COOOINCIDENTALLY, this is where most NORMAL people want to go.

Oops! Sorry, I thought this thread was about human emotions in reality. But, if you want to talk about boundless happiness and love in a mythical place then you might want to look somewhere other than heaven. Religious fanatics seem to skip over the part of the bible that tells how Satan was an angel in heaven and was thrown down to hell for trying to overthrow god. This failed coup attempt happened in heaven. This alone proves that there is unrest in what most consider paradise. Satan and his followers engaged in conspiracies, hate, envy, and war in heaven. So, quite obvioulsy, not everyone's needs are met in this realm that doesn't exist.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb The bad things that happen in the world, save accidents and natural disasters, are a result of negative emotions. I'm saying awful things wouldn't happen in the world if everyone loved everyone unconditionally.

Tell me, how do you stop the criminally insane with love and happiness? I'm talking about the millions and millions of chemically imbalanced individuals that are incapable of responding to love and happiness even if you hit them over the head with it. Not just the criminally insane, have you ever met any of the millions that are bipolar, that have no control over their emotions?

All the love and happiness in the universe won't stop these people from spreading hate and misery.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb In fact, there are such places where pain is non-existent. Heaven for instance. Happiness and love are boundless there and is all that exist, and COOOINCIDENTALLY, this is where most NORMAL people want to go.

By this statement alone it is clear that you believe in magic. There is no Easter bunny, no Santa Claus, and no all-knowing, all-powerful, invisible being who created the whole universe, and who lives in another dimension called heaven.

And, if there ever could be a god, then there would be no such thing as a 'Peace loving' god that can also kill everyone on the planet in a flood. Fanatics desperately justify this blatant contradiciton by saying that god created us, so he can kill us any time he wants.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You keep referring to the God of the Bible and those mythical stories that are printed there. I could tell you didn't believe in heaven or God before you even said you didn't.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Consciousness. It is who we are and what everything is and it is unity. An illusion was created. It was an illusion of separation from unity. This is our perceived reality. The purpose of this illusion is because consciousness desired to experience love.

We are living the illusion of separation as consciousness to experience love with our apparent separate parts.

All is one is consciousness. This is the ultimate truth. Ultimate....... ULTIMATE! It must be realized before unconditional love is possible. Unconditional love is our purpose. Unity is our lesson to be learned.

Star and Flag, friend. You have found an ultimate truth, as many of us have. Sadly, most have yet to find this within themselves, they seem to always look "out there" for ultimate truth, when it in within their own selves all the time. I read something a long time ago in a book, and it made perfect sense to me, I took it as Wisdom to be remembered.

"If that which you seek cannot be found within, you will never find it without."

The truth is, we are all a part of one. A great big ONE. All together, we are a force to be reckoned with, a force that even the Gods would fear. The high ups in the religious organizations know this, I believe, and they too fear the time when humanity becomes aware of their true potential.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

reply to post by jiggerj

You keep referring to the God of the Bible and those mythical stories that are printed there. I could tell you didn't believe in heaven or God before you even said you didn't.

And I should have known this thread would reveal your belief in magic. Guess I just wasn't paying attention.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This whole "cosmic consciousness" crap is disgustingly stupid.

Dreamy, wannabe hippies, pretending they know something just
by feeling they know it (we call that religious faith), no evidence
exists for their ridiculous beliefs, no manifestation of "cosmic
consciousness" is evident but again and again we hear this
nonsense.

Delusion at it's finest.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Version100

The reason you write this is because you have not seen the evidence.
I don't need you to see the evidence for me to see the evidence.
I only write what i write because i know.

I wouldn't give up what is known here for a billion dollars.
It is worth more than any 'thing'.
Underlying peace in any situation.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This is a very interesting conversation. I am in no way enlightened, but I do try in my own way to understand as much as I can about what we are and what our purpose might be. It seems that we are connected to each other and all things through some force of which we are all composed. My theory is converging on the idea that we are simply meant to experience things by being as present and mindful as possible and all that information is passed into the force where it is accessible by all. If we were to also subscribe to the idea that all of that knowledge or information is good to the extent that it increases the forces understanding of itself, then any experience, no matter how wonderful or terrible is an evolution of everything which shares the experiences and knowledge of the force.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The ultimate truth??:
youtu.be...

Enjoy.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The ultimate truth is many are lost children.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join