It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wizard of Oz Prequel to start filming in fall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
We knew it had to happen one day. But it shouldn't happen at all. Though this is a prequal and not a remake, you still risk a jumping the shark named Jar Jar Binks.

michelle williams to play glenda

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
You do know that the 'Wizard of Oz' that is famous today is itself a remake? There were several 'Wizard of Oz' films made before the one we all know and love (granted most of them weren't very good).

Edit: What I'm wondering is why they don't make one of the sequels. L. Frank Baum wrote several books in the 'Wizard of Oz' series.
edit on 18-5-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I would rather see them make a big screen version of "Wicked" as opposed to this garbage.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Did you see "Tin Man? "

It ain't the original OZ!

Loved it.

www.imdb.com...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
What would a Wizard of Oz prequel be? Dorothy bitching about her life on the farm, pre-twister? And please don't tell me Tim Burton's doing it. I may have to drive cross country and put a stop to this guy myself. There are just some movies that shouldn't be remade or added to.
Why don't they remake terrible movies that had good premises, but were doomed with poor effects, bad writing, and/or horrible actors? Something like Robot Jox would make a great remake. That movie didn't stand a chance, but someone like Spielberg producing with someone like JJ Abrams or Jon Favreau at the helm would make for a kickass summer ride.

And no, 'Real Steel' does not equal 'Robot Jox', though I recently saw the 2nd trailer for that movie and it actually looked decent. No, I'm talking about 10 story mechs having a full out battle in the desert. Something that'd make Optimus Prime drop to his and transform into a Hot-Wheels.
edit on 18-5-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
With Rachel Weisz and Mila Kunis, well, I was excited about it. now I'm kind of ehhh..

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Has anyone here seen Return to Oz? I saw it when I was a kid and it scared the hell out of me. Instead of flying monkeys they have "wheelies" and "the deadly desert". There is even a nice shock therapy seen for our dear Dorothy. Creep central.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

I read the books when I was little. They were actually quite strange. Wizard of oz is quite tame compared to the books, teh story went on considerably after dorothy left.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Well yeah, I mean wasn't the writer on some serious drugs (like Opium) when he was coming up with this stuff? Let's face it, who would come up with it sober?

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
Edit: What I'm wondering is why they don't make one of the sequels. L. Frank Baum wrote several books in the 'Wizard of Oz' series.
edit on 18-5-2011 by Nosred because: (no reason given)

Yes, I was thinking the same! They'd be much better than some prequel. We already have Wicked! I love the other books in the series with Princess Mombi and stuff. L. Frank Baum had an incredible imagination. I'm really excited actually as I am seeing Wizard of Oz next week at the theatre in London! I love the story

top topics

join