It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Tells Bin Laden Leakers to Shut up!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Robert Gates, Mike Mullen To Bin Laden Raid Leakers: Stop Talking

Huffington Post
Gossip and unauthorized leaks from U.S. officials, politicians and retired military officers about the highly classified raid to kill Osama bin Laden have jeopardized the ability of special forces to carry out similar operations in the future, said Defense Secretary Robert Gates.

They are scared of real people working for the government and military who are prepared to disclose oddities in US operations. Well what do they expect? Not everyone is stupid..

"Too many people in too many places are talking too much about this operation," Gates said, adding that the level of disclosures and blabbing violates an agreement reached in the White House Situation Room on May 8 to keep details of the raid private.

Again, what do they expect?
The Bin laden issue is such a touchy and controversial topic, it, along with the 'War on terror' have been shoved down our throats since 9/11. If Bin Laden has been killed, I repeat IF. Then people are going to want proof, a public enquiry and real confirmation that he is dead. The way this whole issue has been treated is absurd.

But this is my favourite part.

"It is time to stop talking," agreed Adm. Mike Mullen, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. In a pointed directive to officials, politicians and the retired military officers often featured on cable news programs, he added, "Get off the net."

Without the internet we would find it much harder to find out and discuss about these things. It would also be extremely harder for officials to leak information.

How long till the internet gets fully sabotaged?

Huffington Post

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
NO !!!
By all means ... keep talking.
more holes open up that way

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Where is wikileaks when you need em ?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I agree 100%. For once.

All future terrorist leaders will make sure they have enough equipment and soldiers at all times now to counter 18 SEALS and 1 dog.
edit on 18-5-2011 by CanadianDream420 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I think they're more worried about the operational details, which piss off the Pakistanis to no end.

For example:

CIA flew stealth drones into Pakistan to monitor bin Laden house

It's in our best interest not to share those kinds of details. Isn't it?

Our relationship with the Pakistani people is nearly at a tipping point, and our relationship with their government is only marginally better. If we really lose the people, we lose the government, and we're in substantially worse shape in the Middle East. Information about the mission sells papers (and internet ad space), but every new detail is being incorporated into the political debate in Pakistan by the people who want to take a hardline position against us.

This isn't about internet censorship. It's a matter of fact that it's better for us if the mainsteam conversation fizzles out ASAP. If you were the secretary of defense, wouldn't you tell your employees and former employees to keep their mouths shut?

What happens if Pakistan says, we're shooting down the next drone you fly into our country? How long before the MSM starts replying that line from Bush's 9/11 speach about how "we will make no distinction between terrorists and the countries that harbor them?" And how long after that before we send in the B2s?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
That's one of the most counterproductive statements they could make.

It's like how they handled roswell, changing stories and then just making up some fake story which so many people saw straight through.

Just intrigues me more now

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Well when you think about it, the U.S. govt. dug themselves into a hole. They can try all they might but they're not getting out.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swizzy
That's one of the most counterproductive statements they could make.

It's like how they handled roswell, changing stories and then just making up some fake story which so many people saw straight through.

Just intrigues me more now

Not at all. First, it suggests that they have something to hide and many out there in military land knows some stuff. Second, we have one of the big military bosses himself, not a mere political figure talking directly to the troops to keep their damned mouths shut. When the general speaks, the grunts better listen closely.

There is a lot more here, folks, than just insider details of the mission we are supposed to believe happened as they say.

But, wait! Which version that they put out are we supposed to be believing? I'm confused.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
As much as the conspiracy theorist in me wants to scream -- Leak it! Leak it all! The other, more rational part of me realizes that this administration apparently has either no ability to control its own people or they are doing it deliberately for another reason, perhaps one not yet realized. Either scenario frankly is rather disturbing on a number of levels.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Well, if they hadn't "dumped the body"...

If they had shown the pictures of OBL dead...

If they had ONE story of how things went down, instead of several...

Then there wouldn't be much of anything to leak, now would there?

"You can't fix studpid."
--Ron White

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
well if TPTB had not lied the whole time about bin laden then
maybe we would all shutup.
Till then NO we wont shut up.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
geez - i wish you would all stop the chatter - lol
i'm sure the gold collar cabal wish they could shut down the INTERNET.

right billie - 'i didn't have relations w/that woman and i don't inhale'
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
SMFH

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Yet when they caught Saddam they glorified it in pictures, artists impressions, a step-by-step guide of the happenings when the troops found him. Hell they even published pictures of Saddam in his undercrackers if memory serves me correctly.

This whole OBL palava just stinks worse than bigfoots flatulence...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
JFK did the same thing when we were talking too much during his presidency. Fact was that we were compromising the situation when all out war was possible. We were giving our enemy an edge. That's why he made a few speeches about the press needing to be more responsible. I think all that's being said here is that we need to be more mindful of the unintended consequences of what we say. No need to make it any easier for the bad guys.

Look at ATS. There's so much paranoia here it's silly. Some people have probably thrown their lives away because of it. There needs to be more moderating or something. Maybe this place will always be a hell hole. Maybe that's why we all come here because we like to see people burn.

Responsibility for what we say = good. Not good to be careless. Bottom line.
edit on 19-5-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
There goes your Transparancy.

Most wanted man in the world, and they are pissed because people want to know the truth about what happened.

YOU GOT HIM!!! YOU SHOULD BE CELEBRATING!
You should be telling your story to MILLIONS!!!!
the video should be on the net for all those who want to see.

That is, unless it didnt really happen.

I think they are getting upset because people these days are actually starting to pay attention to their evil shenanigans.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
What truth? we are not hearing that nearly 80 seals many drones and bombers where part of the plan... What we are hearing is what they want us to hear and plenty other bull to help confuse every bit of the truth we do get....
edit on 19-5-2011 by 5StarOracle because: spell

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
My Gosh what a great way to get "them/us" to stop looking in the right direction! LOL Let's tell the people to shut-up about it and threaten the internet because of "future efforts out there"! What a great way to get everyone to "look". I say something is big and we have been talking about it, but they won't let on to our knowing, but then... Dang! Foiled again! Where's that body?

My mind keeps going back to that picture in the "Situation Room"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Just the fact that they came out with this message, makes me want to look deeper into this issue.

They arent very bright now are they?

You push me, that means you are hiding something, your own fear perhaps?

Tell the American people what happened!
You used 9/11 and "terrorists" as justification for losing 3000+ of our people and starting a war(s),
NOW its time to tell us WHAT REALLY WENT DOWN!

They been saying "terrorists" and "Bin Laden" on TV for almost 10 years now to scare us into submission, well now is time to show the American people what they have sacraficed SOOO MUCH for since that time.
Time to show us what all that FEAR MONGERING was good for.

Oh, wait, we cant, cause we dont want Bin Laden comming back from the dead(or some other guy living in a different hole somewhere) to learn our militaries new tactics and how they conduct missions(mission operations differ each time anyways).

Well, since you dont want to give me evidence....guess what...IM NOT going to give you the least bit of credibility, you dont deserve it.
That would be like giving Obama a peace prize...wait a second....
naw, you dont deserve it.

oh btw- YOU= Gubbamint
edit on 19-5-2011 by Common Good because: Editing is fun

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I tell you what, as long as the "leaks" comes from outside foreign media is OK because it can be call "unreliable" but when it comes from US leakers is harder to debunk.

I guess the next step is to tighten US codes of conduct among the Federal workers and enforce a gestapo type of monitoring like US already has lost its freedom for independent and trustworthy information.

As usual we the people, tax payers and voters do no measure to be trusted by the same corrupted corporate whores that we vote in office

Again, who is been treated as the enemy in our own nation? us. And then the federal whores wants the people to trust the crap they spew unto us.

new topics

top topics

join